What's new
Will the saturn adapter works with sega saturn Retrobit Bluetooth controller/adapter?
I have the HAS supergun.

Will the saturn adapter works with sega saturn Retrobit Bluetooth controller/adapter?
I have the HAS supergun.
It has been thoroughly tested with the 2.4ghz wireless Retro Bit controller, but I've not tested it with the Bluetooth adapter. The protocol has been exhaustively recreated to match the behavior of a real Sega Saturn console with precise timing, so I can't imagine that there would be any adapter that doesn't work with it at this point.

It has been thoroughly tested with the 2.4ghz wireless Retro Bit controller, but I've not tested it with the Bluetooth adapter. The protocol has been exhaustively recreated to match the behavior of a real Sega Saturn console with precise timing, so I can't imagine that there would be any adapter that doesn't work with it at this point.
Ok, sounds good. I’ll buy one and confirm it works or not. Ty
I hope you sell snes adapters too soon

Hi @Arthrimus , I receive my

Saturn To DB15 Controller Adapter​

I use HAS supergun 4.0
I confirm the Retrobit Bluetooth saturn controller WORKS!!!

Last edited:
Is there a way to remap directions as well, even in the sketch itself? There's a specific use case where I need to change all outputs and would like to use it on a Pro Micro/Leonardo, specifically for the Saturn version.

@Arthrimus any chance you would make a Mega Drive one? I’d say it would be pretty popular given the fact the 8BITDO m30 2.4ghz is a well liked pad.

Okay you're not going to believe this but every time I used your Saturn adapter on my Retroeletronik (RIP) supergun, the unit would fail to power up. This was only if the adapter was used on the Player One port. I finally removed the DB-15 port and removed the housing on the Saturn adapter, and for some reason, the solder point to attack the screw bracket for the DB-19 is placed directly over a 5v rail trace. As the metal housing on the Saturn adapter is tied to ground, this caused the short circut. I am very glad the supergun has short protection, but I just wanted to post this here in the very rare offchance anyone with a Retroelectronik supergun uses one of your adapters. (Retroelectronik's own controller converters used plastic DB-15 female connectors)

EDIT: After resoldering my DB-15 port, I've realized that removing the mount screw (the one on the right hand side facing the port next to the autofire switch) is enough to break the 5v rail connection.

Last edited:
Finally got my snes to neo adapters programmed using the Arduino IDE and the MiniCore package. I'm using the ATmega328PB variant as there was no stock of the 'P' version at the time of my order. Many thanks @Arthrimus and @Frank_fjs for the code & PCB design!

EDIT: Put it all together today, all good. Thanks for all your help, although I've not contributed to the forum much I have gained a lot from your expertise. Cheers!

IMG_20221127_224231.jpgIMG_20221127_224252.jpgIMG_20221128_211728.jpgIMG_20221129_212648.jpg

IMG_20221203_123942.jpg

Last edited:

Attachments

• 20231211_183314.jpg
    20231211_183314.jpg
    428.6 KB · Views: 18
Any chance of the Playstation ones getting restocked?

Also, do you know if they work with the Neo Geo Pad 2?
Yes, I've designed a new 3D printed shell for the Playstation adapters and I am planning to post them as soon as I get all of the product photos finished.

As for the Neo Geo pad, I do not know if that particular controller works because I don't have one and have no way to test it. Most 3rd party controllers seem to work fine but I have encountered a couple that don't behave properly and won't work with my adapter so there's no guarantee.

Yes, I've designed a new 3D printed shell for the Playstation adapters and I am planning to post them as soon as I get all of the product photos finished.

As for the Neo Geo pad, I do not know if that particular controller works because I don't have one and have no way to test it. Most 3rd party controllers seem to work fine but I have encountered a couple that don't behave properly and won't work with my adapter so there's no guarantee.
That's great news!
When you post them...or before ::wink wink:: I'll definitely buy one and report back if they're compatible.

Snatched one up earlier today. That gray shell with the black logo is just fantastic! I'll be sure to report back if that NG pad2 works.

Back