What's new
For Sale
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've bought from a couple of these Indonesian "warehouse find" guys in the past. I'll tell you now that the boards will arrive badly corroded and partially working or completely dead.

Usually badly packaged in newspaper and PCBs sandwiched together. It's not worth it. These aren't the bargains you're looking for. I can't imagine how much worse it would be getting a cab.

I've been holding off commenting, but this guy was on Facebook selling this same stuff months ago. A friend bought that Macross board and it became clear that he does not actually have access to what he's selling. He promised my friend a tracking number many times, but never came through. My friend had to open a dispute with Paypal to get his money back. Mods should probably intervene in this case.

I've been holding off commenting, but this guy was on Facebook selling this same stuff months ago. A friend bought that Macross board and it became clear that he does not actually have access to what he's selling. He promised my friend a tracking number many times, but never came through. My friend had to open a dispute with Paypal to get his money back. Mods should probably intervene in this case.
Dang I wish you would have shared that before I bought the Raiden dx lol.

My Raiden dx package is supposed to be delivered today. I'll share my experience after I open it.

If mans shipped your Raiden DX board, you've already gotten further than my friend did. Let us know how it goes.

I'm sorry for my delay posting - it wasn't my personal experience, so wanted to give my friend the opportunity to chime in before I did.

Christ on a cracker...

I feel like the part where he told me he obtained Batsugun and Batrider boards for $15 each was glossed over. One, five, no zeroes! Does this not tell you everything you need to know?

Are we the kids on the playground that believed that kid whose dad's friend worked at Nintendo had given them an Ultra 64 prototype for free? I mean, his parents said friends weren't allowed over so we could never confirm it, but we all knew it was bullshit right? :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Christ on a cracker...

I feel like the part where he told me he obtained Batsugun and Batrider boards for $15 each was glossed over. One, five, no zeroes! Does this not tell you everything you need to know?

Are we the kids on the playground that believed that kid whose dad's friend worked at Nintendo had given them an Ultra 64 prototype for free? I mean, his parents said friends weren't allowed over so we could never confirm it, but we all knew it was bullshit right? :thumbsup:
Whatever man, I'm playing a genuine Polybius inside an alien spacecraft in a bunker located in area 51. Almost able to beat the 'men in black's' high score.

Not to offend, but even if it was your friend's experience and not yours, it's not a great plan to give this guy an opportunity to take advantage of people. This community really needs to start speaking up like they used to if they don't want to self-destruct.

This hobby used to be DIRT cheap. APB used to be a $75 *KIT*, they got clearanced right out by the dozen on N-G at one point. Literally no one cared about Batsugun for ages. Dogyuun either. I've bought and sold each of the Macross games from $50-100 a few times.

I think it was @twistedsymphony that posted his $15 KI board, or was it Primal Rage? in a thread a while ago, complete with receipt.

Now if you told me he got them for those prices this/last year/sometime recently, that'd be a different story as the context changes a ton.

Now if you told me he got them for those prices this/last year/sometime recently, that'd be a different story as the context changes a ton.
Although not said outright, it was implied that he acquired them recently along with the cabinets. I left the conversation and blocked him so I can't confirm. Something along the lines of "There is so much hidden treasure here!" was added though, so there was definitely a nuance of "more to be found" built in.

Side note: I remember when nobody cared about Batsugun too. The Saturn port was like a $50-60 game for a looooong time; now it's $300+. Craziness!

I think it was @twistedsymphony that posted his $15 KI board, or was it Primal Rage? in a thread a while ago, complete with receipt.
it was a UMK3 that I bought on eBay for $35 shipped about 20 years ago.

I mean while the prices for board have gone bonkers in the US Europe and Japan, there are still people discovering wearhouses with crusty old guys giving old-school pricing. I see it all the time someone who's not in the hobby comes into possession of boxes full of this stuff with no idea what it's worth, lists for like $20 a board and sells off a few dozen high dollar boards before they realize what they're actually worth... then usually at that point they end up listing junk for more than it's worth because the people in the know picked over the good stuff at dirt prices.

I literally saw this a year ago on facebook, some woman's grandfather died who was an op and ended up selling a Dogyuun, Nemesis, some CPS1.5s and a few others (not even knowing what they were beyond the paper tags on the PCB feed) for sub $50 before wising up and raising prices.

------------

as for the topic... I would ABSOLUTELY NOT buy a "refurbished" cab without seeing an example of the persons work in person, or without a f-ton of high res photos. Someone who's not in the hobby and a flipper has a very different idea of what restoration means vs someone that gives a shit.

you can't properly refurbish a candy for $850 and make a profit... that's a pressure washer and a rattle can and IMO I'd rather get grungy untouched cab than one that was refurbed by anyone other than a very select few people on the planet.

in general seeing the words "restored" or "refurbished" on a cab listing is a signal for me to avoid because undoubtedly corners were cut and irreversible damage was done to make it look nice rather than actually make it original. the two most important things are "complete" and "undamaged"... I'll even take non-working if those two are met.

just my 2 cents.

I believe this. Do you think normal people expect 25 year old space shooting games to be worth thousands?

If you live somewhere that still has arcade operators, start calling them up. It still isn't too late. It's a lot of work, more often than not resulting in disappointment, but sometimes, it pans out. Quite literally.

I believe this. Do you think normal people expect 25 year old space shooting games to be worth thousands?

If you live somewhere that still has arcade operators, start calling them up. It still isn't too late. It's a lot of work, more often than not resulting in disappointment, but sometimes, it pans out. Quite literally.
I guess I'm used to living here now where any place that still has CRT cabs are run by people that know what they have; everything else has been shut down or converted to redemption games and Gundam cabs already at least five years ago. I suppose you could still get some good deals in Fukushima...

DzYy0nHWkAEdg-R.jpeg

Christ on a cracker...

I believe him. He's not the first guy in Indonesia to get boards this cheap. The problem is the condition is garbage.

If he's able to conjure Nanao MS 8's out of thin air and get these looking like they weren't just pulled out of post invasion Ukraine, I just might have to become the 'cave seller' and go live with him for 3 days to understand how he performs these miracles

If he's able to conjure Nanao MS 8's out of thin air and get these looking like they weren't just pulled out of post invasion Ukraine, I just might have to become the 'cave seller' and go live with him for 3 days to understand how he performs these miracles
You assume refurbished means working CRTs. Why not upgrade to lcd with a 60-in-one instead!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back