What's new
Want To Buy

jim197

Student
Reaction score
Hi folks, I need some of the Astro coin box tangs if anyone has a couple available? I could really do with one of the right hand ones in the image
I’m desperate for one of these asap.
In the uk.
Cheers folks
BD7DC9F9-6937-4CF7-A87B-5357910C44AD.jpeg

Why do people in this hobby call them "tangs" ? in the industry we call them "tabs" nobody at work had ever heard of tangs & my boss has been in the business for 40+ years.

Why do people in this hobby call them "tangs" ? in the industry we call them "tabs" nobody at work had ever heard of tangs & my boss has been in the business for 40+ years.
That's a well known thing in the hobby, it comes from a mistranslation on the Japanese manuals where they were supposed to be "tongues" (because of their shape ? Or direct translation from what they are called in Japanese?) but ended up being spelled "tangs".

Is anyone 3D printing Aero City Tangs. I just want function at this point
If someone wants to take measures of one ( my tangs are not like that in NAC or Blast), i could try to thingyverse it and print some

I worked the industry for many years hear in the states, and we called them tongues, and I have heard tangs used occasionally, but never "tabs".

I'm sure that's regional, but its interesting how the verbiage shifts based on locale.

Technically I could, but I really don't do a lot of sheet metal work and they would probably wind up taking a lot more time compared to someone with the proper equipment (or access to). Not really something I could get into unless there were broader interest or a real community need for a good reproduction.

Maybe Jasen or Hursit could help? Sheet metal work seems to be their specialty.

If you turn up completely blank, ping me and I'll see what I can do. Projects like these are, at the very least, good fab experience.

Last edited:
Id snipe it for that price. But Im hoping the OP gets it instead. You may want to PM him instead next time. Ive lost a few deals here because someone posted a reply instead of a PM. My $.02
If it falls thru, I'll let ya know

Id snipe it for that price. But Im hoping the OP gets it instead. You may want to PM him instead next time. Ive lost a few deals here because someone posted a reply instead of a PM. My $.02
Well, that's not a bad point, next time!

I hope he got it!

If you still need one then send me a PM, I have a spare.

I'm in UK too, based in Bham so not too far from you.

Back