What's new
God almighty, it is finally done.

IMG_0904.jpeg

Friday and Saturday were the final touches.

Got the surround and billboards installed. The surround is the one piece I didn't do much with beyond a polish. I may bondo it and repaint... but I also have my eye on YAJ.
IMG_0841.jpeg

I used some pictures from before paint to place all the cable ties where they were from the factory. I wish I could've found the same beige that Sega used, but these black ones will do just fine.
IMG_0845.jpeg

Some testing! This was after swapping around PSUs. The whole story is this: A few months back, I purchased a PSU and Amp from YAJ which I set aside for this cab. I recapped the PSu and Amp and then did some small testing with them, but didn't use them extensively. The PSU that came in the cab was actually in OK shape, so I recapped it and immediately put it into my other Astro. I've been using that one for a few months now.

When I started up the power supply (nothing connected, of course) I noticed a small buzzing noise. I checked all the voltages and everything was fine except for -5v. I tried replacing IC3 and the buzzing persisted and the -5v didn't change. The buzzing seems to be going from L2 (the large inductor). I have bid on a new PSU on YAJ in hopes that I can win it and harvest the inductor. That said; the PSU works ok. It's currently in my other Astro and running a MiSTerCade. I figure if it blows up I'd rather lose a MiSTerCade than a board that isn't currently being made.

After I swapped the good PSU into the new-er cab, I tested and it was working great!

IMG_0876.JPG

Finally.... my arcade is READY!
IMG_0948.jpeg

IMG_0961.jpeg IMG_0967.jpeg IMG_0968.jpeg

What a fucking JOURNEY this has been. I really didn't expect to sink as much money into this (or time) as I did; but I'm really happy with the end result. I did the best I could to keep things as close to original as I could (stickers are on the way, by the way!) and I think it came out great. I will be posting a long-format video of my entire re-build sometime this week. I have 160 videos to organize and edit into a video out of clips I took while I put the machine together. I detailed every piece of it. I hope that this helps others out as much as the community has helped me!

A lot of people made this result possible, and there are likely people I'll miss here so I apologize if I miss ya!

@GeekMan1222 @ShootTheCore @FluxChiller @Softdrink @hursit @Lemony Vengeance @misteraddons @Ajax @kyletwentytwo @imbord3rlin3 @alberto1225 @AlxUnderBase @djsheep @hyp36rmax @joeks @opt2not @Aurich... the list very likely goes on. Thank you to everyone that has helped me reach my goal here.

I may restore another cab one of these days; but that was a metric shit-ton of work. For now, I'm just gonna play some damn games!
Amazing work. Thanks for sharing by the way!

Back