What's new
Haha yes, I was just kidding 😊 I'll definitely add adding TOC support to the TODO list though, I found the cdrdao source to figure it out though it's not super well documented.

Reactions: nem
Mine is working fine now with cue and bin but I do notice the intro video freezes and then just goes to the title screen
Is this normal?

I definitely don't have an issue with that - where does it freeze up? It seems to be about a 2 minute intro video that shows all the characters.

Matt

Video starts for a about 2 seconds and freezes, then after about 5 seconds go right to the title screen
Attract matches seem to play just fine
Not sure what the issue is

so - my ODE does have the latest firmware, thats the only difference I can think of...

Bugger - now I have to take them out of the cab again to update them LOL
I was hoping he would have a new update to allow the hard drive games to work before I update it
Wonder how close he is on this? :)

Sadly it won't be ready for a wee while. I want to refactor some stuff to make it cleaner to add new device types (like the support for that Roland synthesiser and its ATAPI ZIP drive is a wee bit of a hack on top of CD support). I have at least started the refactoring, though :)

So playing catch up, does re-converting the CHDs to use BIN/CUE work to address the three images that are in TOC format?

For BloodyRoar? It's just one right? I modified the script to output cue instead of toc.

@mathewbeall
Yea I was wondering what version of the CHD you used
This is the one I used
1629299133939.png

Which is the newest firmware?

Hmmm - looks like the size on my NAS is a bit different than yours?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-08-18 at 8.14.37 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-08-18 at 8.14.37 AM.png
    165 KB · Views: 67
Re: firmare update...

So you are flashing it from the Rpi?

No, I put the firmware on a microsd card, plugged in a windows computer and fired up a serial session to it.

Then executed the commands to load that new firmware in Bank B, and made it active.

No reason you can't do that from the Rpi though - I just wasn't sure how it was setup or if there was a terminal client on the Rpi image, so just did windows.

Last edited:
Is the IDE simulator still up for purchase? I am using system 256 and hoping it can replace the original HDD, can anyone give me some advice?

Is the IDE simulator still up for purchase? I am using system 256 and hoping it can replace the original HDD, can anyone give me some advice?
It only does cd/dvd emulation right now, but we are hoping the developer will add HDD support. That said if you only want to play disc based games you can buy one and replace your hdd with it.

Back