What's new

JT83

Beginner
Reaction score
Hi all, new one here. Had to register up, cause this battery "problem" wonders me. Where is that Backup Battery for memory?
How does it look like and can I order same kinda new or do I put some new (like those phone 3xAA batteries)
Game itself works fine, but every time when I start it up, high scores erase and starts from calibre screen. Then brakes don't work, but if I do start up from testing screen and then to game. Brakes works just fine. Figure that out ?( So maybe when I install new batteries, it would remember after test screen that brakes "work" and scores too?

I would appreciate answers with pics and simple english, cause english isn't my strongest language (maybe I am simple person too :D)

Many thanks to all and I really hope to get help for my project/restoration ^^

Hi, you need to replace the Time Keeper and ZeroRAM chips at locations 200E and 210E on the main PCB. The replacements are M48Z02-150 ZeroPower RAM and a 48T02-150 TimeKeeper RAM

I've done this myself a few years ago on my Hard Drivin', but I took this info from https://forums.arcade-museum.com/threads/hard-drivin-high-scores-not-saving-after-power-down.279140/

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21372294779.379068.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, thanks for quick reply. I can now order those. Question, are those easy removable like plug on or do I need to heat my soldering iron :D

Back