What's new
I never believe the second line. Who sells their cab/supergun first? I'm sure it has happened in the history of humanity, but I do not believe those claims when I read them.

Good point there, the seller's other auction with Leathal Enforcers clearly shows that he can test PCBs.

Pretty dodgy for him to say 'Untested' just to give the benefit of doubt to unsuspecting buyers.

It “could” be a suicided cart. Or he “might” not have a CD drive and disc. But yeah, pretty expensive punt to take. At $300-400 it might be worth it… even for the parts, not at anything much more.

So all the game files are in the cart itself? I can just run the game like that?
Not exactly. The cart is just a security mechanism with a CPU in there. The SIMMs for NoCD versions were programmed at the Capcom factory and run without the need to have a SCSI device connected.

Yup! CPS-2 and 3 take only a little legwork to get up and running. I think people are scared to look outside of their own backyard for these and put in the work. You can still get decent donor sets for CPS-2 from Japan landed in Australia for $300 AUD.

Avoid that CPS-3 on eBay at all costs. Was posting as a PSA when it was still reasonably priced. @mR_CaESaR can concur about the issues the motherboards a prone to :)

I hate em! I bought 3 to get one working :cursing::cursing::cursing:

First one was purchased in the same situation - not tested, but it had a full set of ram, 3s and the cd so I thought why not..

Second and Third mobo were sold as both working - only one worked.

If I can get 700 for a non working 3s full set of ram set, I would be bloody cheering!

Well, if anyone has a spare 128MB regular simm, i need one to convert my JOJO kit to a multi... just sayin.
Will keep an eye out for you. With people upgrading to UltraSIMMS, I’m surprised there aren’t more loose SIMMs or sets of them being sold off?

Have 2 x 128MB and 2 x 64MB CPS-3 SIMMs up for sale.

Makes sense to keep these local as postage is cheap, and possibly help people get their setups Multi ready. Hit me up.

Hi everyone, bit late to the party, finally getting back in to the scene after a bit of a hiatus.

1. KellyNUTS
2. Geelong, Victoria
3. Cant offer anything decent atm besides a friendly, enthusiastic attitude. But I love to learn and plan on learning a LOT, once I do ill definitely be helping out others as much as I can.
4. Recommendations on a good Aussie based one stop(or almost)online shop to buy a lot of arcade parts as I am pretty much re-starting from scratch.
EG: pretty much need everything to build a countertop JAMMA setup to test my PCB's so I can sell a few of them and use that $$ to buy a MultiCPS2(or 2) from @djsheep :D
5. No website links... yet.

Welcome @KellyNUTS — nice to see some of the Twitter peeps on here recently.

I plan on having some Minigun’s for sale on the store shortly and some other bits that may help you on the quest. There are lots of others here that can also help out :)

Welcome @KellyNUTS — nice to see some of the Twitter peeps on here recently.

I plan on having some Minigun’s for sale on the store shortly and some other bits that may help you on the quest. There are lots of others here that can also help out :)
Cheers bruv, yeah Twitter has been such a tease for me lately, been hanging to get back in to this hobby, probably not quite ready yet but been getting too antsy, and then when I stumbled on your website that was it, GAME OVER man, GAME OVER!! :D

Supergun sounds good, was tossing up between that and a countertop, but thought id go the countertop route first so I can learn/practice in the trade as I have 2 VS City's that need ground up rebuilds.... yeah probably bit off more than I could chew. :unsure:

There's some good builds from some locals here, check the logs from @mR_CaESaR for example.

Am not well versed on JAMMA capable countertop/tabletops. I'm sure someone will chime in with some info though! Keen to see more from you @KellyNUTS down the line...

Back