What's new
Haven’t seen one. That’s crazy it’s tiny.

anyone seen @Frank_fjs around and know if he's ok? he hasn't been here in a couple of weeks now.

probably in hardcore lockdown in SA

I just got an email from Furrtek saying my spot in the queue for the neo geo cd sd loader has arrived. Now i'm thinking of selling the neo geo cd because I have an AES. Is there anyone interested in buying one?

Longshot also guys, chasing a Saturn with an ode solution also

Just ordered a SNES to Neo controller adapter.

Fingers crossed that it works.

hey guys need some advice.

a former student of mine is offering to sell me an arcade machine, it's not quite what I want (I want a blast/net city) but maybe I can mod it? It uses MCA sticks, I'd like to put in Sanwa's but I don't know how easy that is as I've never worked with a non-candy before.

It comes with SF2 World Warriors, the seller said that they moved the machine and now the "screen is down", as in it cuts off insert coin at the top. I'm not sure if this is just a simple adjustment or a really bad sign.

I offered $400 pending if the monitor can be adjusted/is good.
image2.jpg
image6.jpg

Attachments

• image3.jpg
    image3.jpg
    246.4 KB · Views: 112
  • image14.jpg
    image14.jpg
    327.9 KB · Views: 113
Tested out the SNES 2 Neo adapter and found out that button 6 is not compatible with the minigun :(

Just a heads up to anyone looking for a non Taito, newly made clone Chewlix cabinet in Melbourne (probably shipping ozwide?). There's a guy I found on Facebook who's bringing in a 40ft container of arcade cabs including Vewlix cabs that are going to be landing around the end of September. This is NOT me, and it has nothing to do with me, i was about to go through the process of trying to order a single machine on alibab and I found someone who's bringing a container.
Here's what I know about these.
AVAILABLE: Around mid to end of October.
PRICE: $1800 AUD landed and delivered to your door in Melbourne. I'm pretty sure they will ship to other states/regions, but i have no idea about pricing as I haven't asked him yet.
LOCATION: These are being delivered to and stored in the Cranbourne area. They will be available to inspect before buy when they land.
COLOURS: red/black, red/white/black, white/black (he said that maybe blue and white will be available later.. i don't really know what he meant by that! Maybe next container?)
So originally they were requesting payment in advance, but i chatted to them and told them no way i'm sending money, and no one else would want to either, but i'll buy one when they are landed. It's not the cheapest, but if I was to buy one outright from alibaba and then have to deal with the shipping/customs/delivery to my door by myself... I think the cheapest i'm probably going to land one of these at my door from alibaba is around $1400-1600 aud (shipping is expensive!!!!)... For the sake of a few extra $100... to pay someone else to take care of the entire process and bring the cab to my door... I'm happy with that. I don't have the patience or knowledge to stuff around with shipping and customs to save a few $100, nor do i have any way to pick up the machine and bring it home. Delivered to my door works well for me!
- 32”LG 1080p screen with resolution of 1920*1080 (apparently this screen is better than the samsung one that most of the other chewlix cabs come with? No idea why)
- Pandora EX-2 game board built in 3188 retro games
- Convertor PCB for Jamma 15KHZ game
- 2 player control panel and each player 8 buttons
- White Sanwa joysticks and buttons
- audio amplifier
- coin comparator acceptor (i'm guessing this is a coin mech)
So, this is not a group buy, i'm not in any way involved in this container, just found this guy on Facebook and thought i'd share it here if anyone is thinking of getting one of these cabs, there will be some supply locally then! I'm going to grab one of the black/white ones. I know someone will probably try and tell me how to get it cheaper and save a few bucks, totally understand... this is just an option that's out there!
Here's the pics from the Facebook post. This shows different colours. I think it's possible to get some changes to the machines at this stage as the container hasn't shipped. I asked for a 6 buttons control panel on my machine. As it sits, i've given the guy my phone number and he's going to contact me when they land. If anyone wants, i can send through the facebook account of the person i've chatted with. Just send me a pm.
117372814_2779972802326377_5110450199566836815_o.jpg

117768879_2779972788993045_2974615807721969032_o.jpg

117376781_2779972795659711_7444752745271501285_o.jpg
Well, it took almost a month longer to arrive, in part due to all the BS around the docks in Sydney...... but it arrived eventually!
It didn't end up being delivered to my door, and i had to pick it up, but it's here. It arrived well packed and crated.
Overall I'm happy with it. The cab wiring is done really well, it's jamma wired. The control panel is fine, but i will replace it with a different one, but theré's nothing wrong it. The screen looks really good... it has no HDMI imput, VGA and DVI only, but it does look really nice. It even came with a 3.3v power supply.
If I had to be picky, i would say the part os the control panel where the panel sits in and bolts onto, is a bit flimsy... it's fine when it's all locked down, but the material there is a little bit flimsy.
The xin1 board that comes with it is complete garbage. But then i think all of those boards are garbage. Pleaaying 15k pcb's on there works fine, but also look like garbage compared to a crt. @ 1080p though.. it looks really good. The sticks are a little odd, not sure if they are knockoff sanwas or just long shaft sanwas or the mount is just wrong and they seem long, but they are long. They feel clicky different to my othetr sanwas i have here.
Am i happy with the purchase? Yes. If i had to decide to buy over again, would I still buy it? Yes.
The guy i grabbed it from Chino Chan was really good to deal with, sent me pics of the cab all along the way as it was being built, marked the crate as mine, i got teh same crate, let me know the status along the way. Had no issues at all.
cab1.jpg

IMG_3561.jpg

cab2.jpg

cab4.jpg

are these still available?? i don't use facebook but i've been hunting something like this all bloody year

Last edited:
Heads up Aussies,
Damn u @djsheep i want to buy the desolder station now :) - I have the Rhino one which is great , but the parts are not available anymore. I am on my last gun :(
Thanks btw hehe, really thinking about it...

edit: its hard to spend 1k when you can spend $150 and get another china rip off, which for the most part works the same as the 1k one..

Last edited:
Tell me about it... that's a great price for it!

I have a Goot station from Jaycar and it's done me well for the last 10 or so years...

But if I get that Hakko solder station, I'm almost going to want to want the Hakko desoldering station hahah

Damn u @djsheep i want to buy the desolder station now :) - I have the Rhino one which is great , but the parts are not available anymore. I am on my last gun :(
Thanks btw hehe, really thinking about it...

edit: its hard to spend 1k when you can spend $150 and get another china rip off, which for the most part works the same as the 1k one..

Parts are still available from Rhino Tools website or were the last time I looked. If the gun has the wrong connector you can rewire it with the old connector (I needed to do this)

I would love the Hakko desoldering station but apparently it clogs up just as much as the Chinese one. The Aouyue seems to be a good option but very pricey.

My desoldering gun looks the same, just a different colour

This is my version

1607423695311.png

Parts are still available
Yeah there are parts but not the guns or the pump itself. Its been a really good pump and when the guns are new its just so effortless to desolder for example NES PPU 40 pin dips. I flux and re-tin then suck solder and the IC falls out of the PCB. I think ill jump ship to the other brand gun (rewired as I was half expecting) or ill change to the Aouyue. Since I use them a lot I dont mind spending a bit on it, so long as it works and the parts remain available. Cleaning the shaft and all the other maintenance is so necessary. There is just no easy way out of desoldering through-hole stuff it seems. Thanks for all the comments everyone, good to see what you're all using and recommending.

Yeah there are parts but not the guns or the pump itself. Its been a really good pump and when the guns are new its just so effortless to desolder for example NES PPU 40 pin dips. I flux and re-tin then suck solder and the IC falls out of the PCB. I think ill jump ship to the other brand gun (rewired as I was half expecting) or ill change to the Aouyue. Since I use them a lot I dont mind spending a bit on it, so long as it works and the parts remain available. Cleaning the shaft and all the other maintenance is so necessary. There is just no easy way out of desoldering through-hole stuff it seems. Thanks for all the comments everyone, good to see what you're all using and recommending.

I bought a new gun for mine about 3 months ago, sad to see they're not available any more :(

I bought a new set of cleaning spikes, some filters and tips. Sounds like once those are all used it will be time for a replacement station - what a waste

Back