What's new
it's one of the older ones that require you to lift the two pins and solder two wires. But yeah i can sell it.

That's not a problem as long as it works. Will hopefully get this Mv1b back up and running. Send me a PM and let me know how much you need for it :)

Does anyone here know @corey IRL? I have some outstanding business with him and he’s been AWOL since October which is unusual for him.

I hope he’s ok??

Query regarding packages being sent from Spain - I have a sender who states he cannot send my package out due to Australia refusing packages from Spain.

Anyone else heard of this, or a similar situation?

I had heard that Japan was prohibiting things being sent at the start of this madness... Nothing about Australia and/or Spain though.

Yep. Was in a similar situation with a trusted user here (@pacoarcade) unfortunately. They’re not accepting packages and I believe ones that had been accepted are still just sitting there.

Last edited:
Yep. Was in a similar situation with a trusted user here (@Rg111) unfortunately. They’re not accepting packages and I believe ones that had been accepted are still just sitting there.
Are you referring to Spain or Japan with your situation as the country of origin?

this seems to be where the australian crew resides... anyone that would be interested in and able to supply and program some eproms for me ?

just for reference i am in adelaide...

What EPROMS do you need? I can check my stash and if I have them I can help out.

Waiting to hear back from a mate for some help, but as a backup, is someone in Victoria able to help me pick up something and post it to me? It’s in Highett.

Please let me know ASAP.

Happy to be a backup if worst comes to worst, I'm not too far from there.

Hey guys, I've considered ordering a candy cab from Yaton Arcade, but was advised that the PSU was rated at 100 Volts which is JPN rated voltage.

Anyone Candy cab owners here had to get a stepdown transformer for theirs?

If so, any recommendations?

I can send you a picture of mine. I can't remember where I got it from and can't find a receipt in my email.

I would say, do not buy from Yaton unless it's something you won't realistically find in Australia. The cost of shipping is high and there is something wrong with everything he sells from what I've seen. So, if you're after an aero city, you might not have any other choice in Australia. If you're after an astro or blast, however, just wait - you'll get it quicker buying locally anyway (and likely it'll be 240v already).

I have considered local yeah, but the prices ended up being similar or more when factoring what local freight companies are charging (I was quoted over 500AUD to ship interstate).

The only question mark is the PSU voltage, but yeah probably better to wait. :)

Is Bill still operating? Adelaide to Brisbane was $300 or $350 I think about 12 months ago with Bill for a candy cab. I don't imagine his prices will have gone up much.

I understand that he was working through the pandemic too...

Think he is from what I've read on Aussie arcade. That said, the quote I got was from a freight company.

I dunno, I see a few candy cabs on that forum and others like Gumtree and people are asking for high prices 1300+, but looks really beaten up. Anything nicer was around the 2K mark.

Your Super Neo 29 looked amazing in comparison, hence why it was snatched up so quickly :)

I dunno, maybe I should consider LCD options or something, like those Taito Viewlix, but they seem like a real pain to get working with Jamma.

Hang in there and be patient man, something will come up.

FWIW, I would personally be less worried about a beat up Astro than most other things. I mean it depends what's broken but the monitors are relatively common and readily serviceable. The panels are all available from people like Yaton; stickers are available easily; cps are available easily. It seems only the speaker shroud on the NAC yellows. Pretty perfect cabs from that perspective imo. Also they're abundant even in Australia.

Back