What's new
Yeah, good idea. As I mentioned before, my main preference is a Blast city and I do see quite a few for sale locally every now and then.

I've got a blast city that is 100v and I just use a step down from ebay appears to work fine :)

Finally got around to installing Infinikeys to 3 CPS2 boards this afternoon. Went relatively smoothly considering that it was my first time soldering! :D

Next step is to start building stuff from scratch like controller adapters etc. I'd imagine these would take quite a bit more effort lol

I've got a blast city that is 100v and I just use a step down from ebay appears to work fine :)
Heh, fair enough. Yeah, I'll take DZhay's advice and wait to see if something comes up. In the meantime, Superguns it is!

Last edited:
@klee123 I got 6 of my 7 cabs locally in Brisbane, and one of them from Melbourne transported by Bill. They’re out there, you just have to ready to pull the trigger when they turn up and have logistics thought out.

@klee123 I got 6 of my 7 cabs locally in Brisbane, and one of them from Melbourne transported by Bill. They’re out there, you just have to ready to pull the trigger when they turn up and have logistics thought out.
Yea, my biggest issue is probably the logistics, because a lot of the time those freight companies charge quite a bit.

Yeah, we'll see in the next few months.

I dunno if I buy into this swapping the crystal on the non Dash boards man. They also have different CPUs - HD68HC000CP10 vs HD68HC000CP12.

Sure they *probably* overclock fine with the replaced crystal but CPS1 is a funny beast. For example SF2:CE appears to run properly on a 10Mhz board and its great for a casual bash but if you're right into the game - it doesn't tun the same as a Dash board. It's not something I would personally wanna do for high scoring runs for example.

The issue regarding CPU/Crystal match ups has been discussed in another thread with @Apocalypse — one or the minds behind the multi chiming in — https://www.arcade-projects.com/threads/just-got-into-cps-1-some-questions-i-have.13927/post-262389

Not everyone is trying to do high score runs...

I’m merely sharing an extremely well priced auction I saw to help some Aussies out in this thread but you seem to think these aren’t suitable boards. But once again, from what I actually know of the multi, both these boards will be 100% fine.

2 x CPS-1 Street Fighter 2 sets complete for $250 AUD / $195 USD is a good cop. That’s all. Carry on. I’m done with discussing with you or speculating any further.

Last edited:
That's fine, the auction still has over a day on it. Hope someone gets a bargain.

I dunno if I buy into this swapping the crystal on the non Dash boards man. They also have different CPUs - HD68HC000CP10 vs HD68HC000CP12.

Sure they *probably* overclock fine with the replaced crystal but CPS1 is a funny beast. For example SF2:CE appears to run properly on a 10Mhz board and its great for a casual bash but if you're right into the game - it doesn't tun the same as a Dash board. It's not something I would personally wanna do for high scoring runs for example.
I've done loads of tests actually and discovered the attract isn't impacted by the CPU speed on CE (outside of the fastest memory access making "black screens" loading times shorter) but in game it's a different story with 20% speed difference.
Swap the crystal on a non-dash for a 12MHz and then behaviour is identical to a real DASH board.

I've done loads of tests actually and discovered the attract isn't impacted by the CPU speed on CE (outside of the fastest memory access making "black screens" loading times shorter) but in game it's a different story with 20% speed difference.
Swap the crystal on a non-dash for a 12MHz and then behaviour is identical to a real DASH board.

Hey mate,

Not trying to be argumentative here, this issue is actually one I admit I don't fully understand and would love to get to the bottom of.

Here's the TG scoreboard for SF2:CE: https://www.twingalaxies.com/game/s...on-edition/arcade/points-tournament-settings/

That's my score at number 3 and it is played on a 12MHz board. The current scores in 1st and 2nd place are done on 10MHz boards. Now from just looking at their videos, the game does not appear to me to be running 20% slower. In what sense do you mean 20% different, how are you calculating/observing that?

Cheers,

In what sense do you mean 20% different, how are you calculating/observing that?
Simply starting a round and looking at the countdown.
I posted videos a while back, somewhere... (with two CPS1 setups and two TVs in parallel, having inputs mirrored to both boards).

Simply starting a round and looking at the countdown.
I posted videos a while back, somewhere... (with two CPS1 setups and two TVs in parallel, having inputs mirrored to both boards).
@YesAffinity what do you reckon? Does that seem right to you? I know I timed it once and didn't get that kind of result.

1. Tombstone
2. QLD Brisbane
3. I can help out with general soldering/de-soldering tasks. It's all I can think of at the moment as I'm a real real nube
4. I have a got myself my first arcade machine I've been waiting for this for years and it came up free so I picked it up... Hope I haven't regret this...
20210211_175545.jpg
20210211_181607.jpg

Thanks 👍 for any help... If I couldn't even get a board to turn it on... So I know how much work has to be done to it...

Hi guys anyone have a spare jamma pandora’s box... It's just for testing... I in Brisbane if any one is close ...Anything will do. Cheapest one 👍 Thanks

Back