What's new
There is also a guy on the forum who is offering a Japan shipping service as well. You could try asking him if they’re items he could find if you don’t want to go the proxy route

Everyone I know who’s dealt with YAJ / Proxies for console / arcade goods has walked away with amazing deals, especially with bulk lots. The only reason I don’t look is because I’ll just burn a hole in my wallet ;)

I’ve engaged the @Joko3 “human” proxy service for a couple of items from stores in Japan and it’s been great. I recommend it as he packs well and physically inspects and tests the goods in store and at home (when possible). He charges a reasonable rate for his time also.

I'm now offering an EPROM supply & burning service on my site for Aussies: candycabclub.com/product/eprom

Hope this helps people out without burners or in emergency situations.

If there's any chips/quantities you're after that aren't available just hit me up on the DM and I can help get you sorted.

Last edited:
@xodaraP @klee123 thankyou guys, I appreciate the guidance. I have for the longest time avoided the proxy shopping market. Looks like it is time to investigate.
You shouldn't be thanking these guys, they have just set you on a path which will destroy your wallet, yahoo Japan is the devil. It may start at a Dreamcast but next thing you know you'll be buying CPS3 boards, TTX3s and lord knows what else. Just look at @mR_CaESaR with his 1000's of tokens

Bwahaha..

My wallet would definitely have been better off had I not known about YAJ

YAJ is the absolute best & the ABSOLUTE worst ......

Start looking at Arcades
Maybe I'll look at Synth's
Maybe I'll look at Weird Hifi
Maybe I'll look at books
Maybe I'll look at ..................
Hmmm , how do I fill a container & get my import export license........... That's right you dont have money for any of it :)

It is the ultimate Op Shop , I had to cut myself off from hyperfocusing on all the goodness..... it really is an addiction .

For anyone who bought over 1K worth of stuff recently, did you get hit with any additional charges?

Just asking in case if I ever make a huge order in the future :P

You might (probably will) get charged. It's happened to me when using a proxy to forward for a PCB before.

Anything under $1,000 AUD it's up to the proxy to collect. Anything over that, then Border Force who send you an invoice, which will include clearance fees, etc. on top of the GST. It's fairly costly.

You might (probably will) get charged. It's happened to me when using a proxy to forward for a PCB before.

Anything under $1,000 AUD it's up to the proxy to collect. Anything over that, then Border Force who send you an invoice, which will include clearance fees, etc. on top of the GST. It's fairly costly.

Good to know. Guess I'll be mindful of that if I ever consider some of the more pricey boards like CPS3 in the future. Thanks Sheeps :thumbup:

Despite all those Astro’s needing work, price wise, we’ve got it pretty decent compared to other counties.

Thought maybe the QLD one, if the monitor was in good nick, might be ok. PSU/loom/Control panel are usually ok to find... at least compared to an original monitor.

Yeah, the one in QLD would require a TON stuff to replace. Pretty much all wiring would have to be redone with new CP, PSU, Jamma Door etc which will all need to be replaced.

The one in VIC like what Sheeps said, screen doesn't look perfect at all. I dunno, just after going through the ordeal with the Blast CRT tube in the past year, I might look at the modern cabs like Vewlixes instead.

Last edited:
Back