What's new
Candy cab for sale with a CPS2 board in Bundaberg, QLD.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/5192504283/permalink/10160303761224284/
B69DFB60-0608-4ABC-99AA-220B9214B193.jpeg

Let’s see what this one’s like when it gets here…

Awesome, I'm sure you will treat her well my friend :thumbsup: . The seller is one of the very first people I met playing fighting games online 15 years ago, nicest guy too. Wouldn't be around if it weren't for him!
One of the easiest and most transparent purchases I've made yet. Super cool dude with real verbose communication and extra care from start to finish.

Glad to know he's been a part of your journey too. The cab's definitely going to get some love, I've been wanting another 2P cab for the longest.

Would easily drop him the A+ feedback if he was on here!

All the goods bits are there , bit of a scrub and some basic replacements and that astro will be good to go 🤘🤙

Yes the Astro is one of the most iconic candy cabs , second to an E2 😂...

The best and most iconic Candy Cab hands down.

100% agree! Part of me has regret going for a pair of astros and a pair of blasts instead of 4x astros....but.. there's no point having regrets now :D

Yes the Astro is one of the most iconic candy cabs , second to an E2 😂...

With the amount you pay for an E2, you can get 4x Astros and have 2x dedicated vertical cabs so the "rotation" mech feature becomes invalid hahaha :D

Because they have a monitor rotation mechanism in them making it very easy for one person to take the monitor panel off and rotate the monitor. You don’t need to completely remove it from the cab like an Astro

Also, the E2 is a very commonly seen cab in Japanese arcades, people see them while visiting Japan and want one

And it’s pink

And because they open up like a lambo :)

I'm definitely not hating on the e2, hell if I could get one for a decent price I'd probably get one and make it a shmup cab, but the prices they're going for is mental and definitely not within reach for me.

I know @orio1 is lucky enough to have one and I can't wait to see it in its full glory!

I always thought E2s were commonly associated with shmups and cave games therefore seen as the must have cab.

I run titty games in mine.

Aside from the external appearance, the flat and spacious control panel is nice. You can hide more drugs inside than an Astro too. Take notes 90s operators!

Quicker to rotate an Astro btw

I've never seen an e2 irl.. Is it really that easy to neck the tube? I've heard the e3 being easy to neck.. But is there no framing around the e2 as well?

I don’t think it’s necessarily easy but if you ignore the warning signs (snagged cable, unusual resistance) sure. But maybe to an unfamiliar first timer they mistook it for bad rollers, maybe the weight distribution was a little funny.

The chassis sits on a tray which does not move with the tube like the candies of yesterday. So in my experience it was a lot of turn - check - turn - check. Felt like a parapper the rapper stage really. Even with the cables secured somewhere safe I’d recommend checking.

But it’s the bezel that made me egret doing it. Unscrewing it while the things up on that hinge then bleh. I found it cumbersome and probably intended for two people given how often I’d slip up or bonk my head with the bezel.

Perhaps I’m just clumsy. After all, I bought an Egret 2!

Don’t know about e2 but my candy26 is very simple to rotate. No physical effort and 2 minutes and it’s done (90% of the time is the bezel obviously).

Not sure why no one ever designed a mechanic with an attached, firm bezel. If it was attached to the rotate mech you wouldn’t need to worry about damage since it would be permanently connected.

@djsheep
I'm not going to lie, from that post, the e2 rotation mech doesn't sound like it adds an extra Astrocity worth of value...

@xodaraP
I fully appreciate the nostalgia part (a large chunk of why I love arcade stuff). Although I wonder if many people under 40 would have had much of an opportunity to have seen them in JP arcades? Except maybe as a token in the corner for that one Salary Man who comes in to play SSF2 / SFA2 every lunch time. I do love the pink on them though.

Has anyone got a "spare" RGC or Retro Access Dreamcast SCART cable?
RGC is sold out with no expected restock date and Retro Access, never has stock (?).
Outside of those two stores, is there another place to try I haven't heard of? Thankyou in advance for any help.

Back