What's new
Are you buying the PCBs in pre-assembled or are you soldering the components on yourself?

If you're soldering the parts on yourself, is it possible to buy the whole kit but unsoldered for DIY assembly?
Button color is a personal preference, so I only have DIY kits.

The current DIY kit consists of a board and control button as shown in the photo. You'll need to solder it to the button yourself.

Hi, just curious why 5/10/15 was chosen instead of say 30/20/15? I guess because it's based on a timer it's not feasible to use the higher rapid fire rates?

Hi, just curious why 5/10/15 was chosen instead of say 30/20/15? I guess because it's based on a timer it's not feasible to use the higher rapid fire rates?
It is easy to increase higher shooting speed, but I chose this rate because it doesn't make much sense to use more than 15 shots per second in a classic game.

Button color is a personal preference, so I only have DIY kits.

The current DIY kit consists of a board and control button as shown in the photo. You'll need to solder it to the button yourself.

I understand that buttons are not supplied and that you need to solder it to the button, no problem.

I was asking if it is possible to supply the PCB with the IC, LED, JST XH, button, terminals etc, but without them already soldered on:

1688077603021.png

For some of my use cases I'm going to need to desolder some of the components and it would save me a job.

Thanks @Crown Arcade Shop - Just ordered 4 for Sanwa....will test these out with some friends, and get back to either order more, or provide notes for improvement.

I understand that buttons are not supplied and that you need to solder it to the button, no problem.

I was asking if it is possible to supply the PCB with the IC, LED, JST XH, button, terminals etc, but without them already soldered on:

1688077603021.png

For some of my use cases I'm going to need to desolder some of the components and it would save me a job.
The board I have now is all soldered, as I SMT all the other parts except the terminals and PH connectors.

If you need boards, ICs, and components without soldering, you will have to desolder them yourself.
OR, I can consider producing them in a way that does not require SMT in few quantities in the next production.

The board I have now is all soldered, as I SMT all the other parts except the terminals and PH connectors.

If you need boards, ICs, and components without soldering, you will have to desolder them yourself.
OR, I can consider producing them in a way that does not require SMT in few quantities in the next production.

That's absolutely fine, I can desolder them myself. I've just put an order in for a bunch, thanks again for making these! :thumbup:

Ordered a few of the rapid fire pcbs and that neo geo pcb. I have an aes stick that crapped out and that looks like a really clean solution since I already dropped seimitsus into it.

Back