What's new

Crown Arcade Shop

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love shooting games, especially early Konami Shooters.
Personally, I often used to make autofire circuits using 555 timer chips, I also installed this circuits in some Arcade Shops in Korea.

So I became interested in making a autofire board that can be installed under the arcade button. After several prototypes and trial and error, I made a autofire PCB, and here it is.

KakaoTalk_20230424_095016109.jpg

The Board on the left can be mounted on SAMDUCKSA SDB-202/SDB-202C and right can be mounted on the SANWA OBSF-30/OBSC-30.
So far I've made them for 30mm arcade buttons.

KakaoTalk_20230424_095445716.jpg

Autofire PCB is installed by soldering to the brass terminals of arcade button.

KakaoTalk_20230424_100417488.jpg

Normal button needs only two terminals (SIGNAL, GND), but Autofire button needs an additional POWER terminal to drive the chip. It works 3.3V and 5V.

It equipped a small black tact button to change the mode of the button, and a multi-color LED to check current status. A external control button can be mounted for change the mode of this button.
When LED color is white, it works like a normal button. And red/green/blue acts a autofire 5/10/15 times per second. Settings are preserved when power is off.

KakaoTalk_20230424_095538975.jpg

Autofire PCB DIY KIT of SANWA : bit.ly/3MWCO36
Autofire PCB DIY KIT of SAMDUCKSA : bit.ly/43umfmq

Would these work with Seimitsu and Hori buttons as well?

*edit: IL/Happ button support would be amazing.

It is electrically compatible, but not compatible because of different position of the terminal of button.

It is definitely not compatible with seimitsu buttons. I don't have hori buttons, so I don't know.

It is electrically compatible, but not compatible because of different position of the terminal of button.

It is definitely not compatible with seimitsu buttons. I don't have hori buttons, so I don't know.
Oh duh, Seimitsu has a staggered layout on the switch, didn't think about that. The hori switches look pretty darn close to sanwas. So it might be possible.

Attachments

• 20230606_221649.jpg
    20230606_221649.jpg
    331.7 KB · Views: 40
  • 20230606_221700.jpg
    20230606_221700.jpg
    228.5 KB · Views: 50
Oh duh, Seimitsu has a staggered layout on the switch, didn't think about that. The hori switches look pretty darn close to sanwas. So it might be possible.
I've seen in pictures that Hori button has a very similar layout to the Sanwa, but I don't have real thing yet.
I'll have to get the hori button and mount it.
Thanks!

That would be awesome if it worked! Looking at your store, your SNAC offerings are super cool, especially that PSX one.

Great work! :thumbup:

Is there a possibility of making a version compatible with Seimitsu (PS-14-G) buttons?

I got the HORI Hayabusa button today, mounted autofire PCB for the sanwa and it fits very well

KakaoTalk_20230629_184905146_01.jpg

KakaoTalk_20230629_184905146_02.jpg

If you have HORI Hayabusa button, use the autofire PCB for SANWA.
(Not test on KURO button)

Last edited:
Is this based on @buffi design? Awesome product, just remembering seeing something very identical before

Is this based on @buffi design? Awesome product, just remembering seeing something very identical before
The first prototype was designed in 2021 for the Samducksa SDB-203C button, which was equipped with a slide switch, three additional terminals and no led. This design was not suitable for production because it was complicated to manufacture, so it was discarded, and after several revisions, it became the current design.

This picture is one of the prototype in 8th Jan, 2022
화면 캡처 2023-06-29 210409.jpg

Are you buying the PCBs in pre-assembled or are you soldering the components on yourself?

If you're soldering the parts on yourself, is it possible to buy the whole kit but unsoldered for DIY assembly?

The first prototype was designed in 2021 for the Samducksa SDB-203C button, which was equipped with a slide switch, three additional terminals and no led. This design was not suitable for production because it was complicated to manufacture, so it was discarded, and after several revisions, it became the current design.

This picture is one of the prototype in 8th Jan, 2022
화면 캡처 2023-06-29 210409.jpg
Was just curious as I was very much interested to test it out back in the day when this thread came up too :) https://www.arcade-projects.com/threads/tiny-autofire-pcb-that-fits-under-a-button.20300/ Might have been based on the same xD As very similar date :) Either way awesome work

Back