What's new
I am not specially obsessed, but I collect different superguns and try to demystify each one of them.
I appreciate your reply @nem thanks.

Still a clarification about the " jamma power switch " would be appreciated.
Is it possible to use it on other superguns too ? and is there any point in using it on candy cabinets ?

Your supergun is not powering your monitor so it’s not going protect your CRT. I see the benefit of using it with a cab, the cab is powered on, then you turn off the jamma switch and change the PCB. You are reducing the on/off cycles of the monitor and power supply but I don’t see how it will benefit the PCBs. As others stated here and on other threads the initial spike is not something to worry about. I still think it’s a neat idea and maybe Axun can incorporate this on his jamma harness for the users concerned about turning off/on their Supergun power supply when swapping boards.
Thanks,
\o/.k.

Your reply satisfy me
Thank you
Yeah, no problem. Glad I was able to help. I have a bunch of superguns and a few cabs and Axun’s supergun is the best by far. It’s super compact and has everything you will probably ever need.
Thanks,
\o/.k.

Got my JJ-CBOX with accessories today. Just wanted to show photos of how it was packed for people wondering.

There was no way this was getting damaged in any way in transit. It was shipped by Fed Ex, with the final leg of the journey with Australia Post. Took about 10 days from China to Australia.

axun1.JPG

axun2.JPG

axun3.JPG

axun4.JPG

axun5.JPG

Damn looked really well packed. I'll be joining you later this year as another AU owner. :thumbsup:

The packaging looks really nice. Does the JAMMA edge connector slides easy into the JAMMA slot? The old ones were a pain as it was really hard to get the boards in and out of the slot. Drfunk2k told me they changed the connector so I was wondering how is now.
Thanks,
\o/.k.

The edge connector is still a “Kung Fu Grip” connector. I want to get this changed out ASAP as it kills my hands when changing boards.

Some people like those edge connectors though, so it’s not a flaw with the product, just a personal preference.

The edge connector is still a “Kung Fu Grip” connector. I want to get this changed out ASAP as it kills my hands when changing boards.

Some people like those edge connectors though, so it’s not a flaw with the product, just a personal preference.
That truly sucks. I asked drfunk2k for one with a Hirose connector but Axun has to import them from Japan and the cost would be an extra $30. However, I'm close to spend the extra $30 and have one with a proper Hirose connector. It's a bit disappointing as the Supergun is awesome and very close to perfect. Maybe if more people shows interest on the Hirose connector the price would come down. One thing to keep in mind is that all these connectors that are very tight and leave marks on the JAMMA edge connector. It's not just about how hard they are to get in or out.

This issue with the chinese made connectors has been going for a long time. Major part of the jamma adapters sold are coming with them and it's a nightmare. The Hirose ones are more expensive but when you are already inserting a $400 board on the connector does it really matter if the adapter was $10 or $15 more expensive?

Thanks,
\o/.k.

Last edited:
Simplest, but a bit annoying method of solving that for you might be to just buy a jamma fingerbord, solder a hirose connector on one side and use that between the supergun and pcb :)

“Kung Fu Grip”
I love this expression 👍.
I'm beginner in jamma, only have a Riverservice Jamma2Jvs that is very very strong KungFuGrip and Axun cbox also with good grip. I thought that it was Always like that with jamma.
Can you tell more about solutions ? Hirose? PassThru?
Thanks

I'm new to arcade boards so please excuse my ignorance...

I have a tri sync monitor on its way to me and, as well as my consoles, I really want some real arcade games to play on it. My research for a supergun has led me here- I love the fact that this is a nicely designed all in one with power. I plan to get some standard JAMA games but my ultimate goal is The House of the Dead (Sega Model 2), and hopefully later on Time Crisis (Namco System 22, I already have the TC arcade gun which I've got working with my consoles). I realise cabinets would be easier but I don't have the space.

To focus just on The House to Dead for now:
Would the JJ-CBOX with something like this (https://www.coinopexpress.com/produ...-with-AMP-board-Wiring-Harness-Set-11244.html) work for me?
I read that that the Model 2 can be very power hungry (7 amps for Virtua Fighter 2), will this give it enough?
I also saw the DB15 on this is 15kHz, how do I deal with 24kHz?
Are there other things that I need to consider?

Japanese JAMMA connector gold plated.
Arcade jamma gold finger protection, replacement of wear connectors, card slot is the original Japanese original hrs gold-plated, reliable occlusal performance and stable transmission,
can be fixed installation as a replacement for damaged parts, a good partner for precious and rare PCBs.

Axun only has a limited number of these if people are interested he will add to the website, until they are sold out.

$35 + shipping

Attachments

• WeChat Image_20210611084239.jpg
    WeChat Image_20210611084239.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 96
  • WeChat Image_20210611084218.jpg
    WeChat Image_20210611084218.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 91
  • WeChat Image_20210611084204.jpg
    WeChat Image_20210611084204.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 91
  • WeChat Image_20210611084150.jpg
    WeChat Image_20210611084150.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 96
I'm new to arcade boards so please excuse my ignorance...

I have a tri sync monitor on its way to me and, as well as my consoles, I really want some real arcade games to play on it. My research for a supergun has led me here- I love the fact that this is a nicely designed all in one with power. I plan to get some standard JAMA games but my ultimate goal is The House of the Dead (Sega Model 2), and hopefully later on Time Crisis (Namco System 22, I already have the TC arcade gun which I've got working with my consoles). I realise cabinets would be easier but I don't have the space.

To focus just on The House to Dead for now:
Would the JJ-CBOX with something like this (https://www.coinopexpress.com/produ...-with-AMP-board-Wiring-Harness-Set-11244.html) work for me?
I read that that the Model 2 can be very power hungry (7 amps for Virtua Fighter 2), will this give it enough?
I also saw the DB15 on this is 15kHz, how do I deal with 24kHz?
Are there other things that I need to consider?
In fact, when the JAMMA-RGBS input is 24K, the DB15-VGA signal will also be 24K, as long as the monitor supports 24K.

Japanese JAMMA connector gold plated.
Arcade jamma gold finger protection, replacement of wear connectors, card slot is the original Japanese original hrs gold-plated, reliable occlusal performance and stable transmission,
can be fixed installation as a replacement for damaged parts, a good partner for precious and rare PCBs.

Axun only has a limited number of these if people are interested he will add to the website, until they are sold out.

$35 + shipping
Would be nice perhaps to give options to people to upgrade the JAMMA connector on the unit instead? Having a pass through adapter tacked onto the end of the extension is a bit of a waste.

I love this expression 👍.
I'm beginner in jamma, only have a Riverservice Jamma2Jvs that is very very strong KungFuGrip and Axun cbox also with good grip. I thought that it was Always like that with jamma.
Can you tell more about solutions ? Hirose? PassThru?
Thanks
Hirose is the high quality Japanese JAMMA connector that was found in Astro City cabs and many other candies. The biggest issue with the Hirose is that the ends easily crack leaving you with the possibility of misalignment if PIN 7 of your connector isn’t keyed.

It looks like this (you can tell from the product numbers printed on the plastic).

0A511D0D-7778-4461-ADB3-C93ED5AD0BEB.jpeg

A pass through in this case is basically just a PCB (fingerboard with JAMMA Edges) passing the signals through to another JAMMA connector.

These two JAMMA connectors pictured below are both of decent quality, frequently used in projects, affordable and have a nice grip but not too tight.

9309A348-D5EE-42F9-A2AF-7568F5B30AE8.jpeg

Would be nice perhaps to give options to people to upgrade the JAMMA connector on the unit instead? Having a pass through adapter tacked onto the end of the extension is a bit of a waste.
@Axun what do you think about that adding an option on the site to choose a different jamma edge even if it cost a little more for the buyer. not a bad idea i think

@Axun what do you think about that adding an option on the site to choose a different jamma edge even if it cost a little more for the buyer. not a bad idea i think
I just ordered a supergun (Order: SQ202106106175295526) and would gladly pay a little more if the different JAMMA edge could be added to my order. Please let me know.

Back