What's new

zipp

Beginner
Reaction score
I have a broken down 29"sanwa monitor that's sitting in my cabinet rn...I hope I don't offend anyone but I just wanna throw a lcd in it... Any suggestions on which lcd monitor to get for this size?

Thanks!!!

Props and lols on the “I hope I don’t offend anyone” line. You are in safe hands here with these guys.

Which model Sanwa? If it's a PM1745 I desperately need the remote board! I'll buy it from you.

It also depends on the cabinet too. Sanwa monitors are notorious for their poor build quality.

Is your sanwa 29 a 27" diagonal. If so you want to measure the height and find a similar height lcd. For instance the 32" 16:9 LCD has a 16" Height. Your probably around 17"H.

32" would be close or a 36" would give you full size 4:3 on a 16:9 donor.

Whats wrong with your monitor? Do you get sound when you plug in your pcb? Any neck glow?

Last edited:
Slight neck glow but nothing on the screen, ordered a "non tested" chassis off of eBay almost identical issue. Replaced HOT, Swapped flyback between the 2 and back yielded same results and it's really bumming me out. Also the fact that the flyback (if it is the issue, which I'm leaning towards) is only available for sale on eBay at like $160 shipped. So yea it's just been frustrating especially with all the extra stuff going on with covid-19...

Back