What's new
The GBS would expect full level RGBS, I'd guess that's your problem.

It's running the GBS-Control custom firmware, which expects 0.7vpp RGBS console output.

Thanks for making this open source, buffi! Excellent project!

Are the sync and RGB outputs at 0.7vpp / 75ohm levels? I tried to build the video circuit and split from the jamma harness, but my GBS Control scaler can't sync to CPS2 at all. It can grab MVS signals but the image shakes occasionally, maybe once every 10 seconds (not consistent). The scaler works great for console input as well as Raspberry Pi, so it's definitely working well. Is there anything I can add to the circuit to get the output to console levels?
Yeah, should be 0.7vpp at 75ohm.

Dont know anything about GBS Control scaler, sorry :(

Also, I still have a few of these left to sell if someone wants to buy one. Bit surprised that the interest is limited considering how much interest there is in Splitfire :)

edit: Also, can you post a high-ish res pic of your video circuit?

Hmm. For some reason the scaler sync is solid when I just passively split the sync to the scaler and skip the amp completely, then add resistors in line. MVS is stable with 470ohms but CPS2 still kind of messes up a bit at 680ohms. Maybe I'll just add a pot along the sync line. :D

I dont know anything about that scaler but maybe it expects sync at some other level.

Okay I did the clock gen mod on the GBS Control and it was fixed! :D Thanks for the circuit buffi!

Also, I still have a few of these left to sell if someone wants to buy one. Bit surprised that the interest is limited considering how much interest there is in Splitfire :)
Yeah, that's probably it.. People have put their name in and are waiting, like myself, for the Splitfire to arrive. Not everyone can get both. I'm really looking forward to try my BetsuX2. I odered a miniDIN cable to hack up.

I am thinking of using this to split a signal, not for capture but to have a head to head fighting game setup. The methods I use normally is passive and reduces the brightness/saturation of the image. But I also need the output to have less than 1f of input lag.

Is there a frame buffer or processing that would cause input lag (and has it been tested)? And this would solve the brightness issue too right?

Also, I am purchasing this pre-assembled on ebay. and it looks like the version with screw terminals. I just wanted to confirm that this version has the audio being output to the 8-pin din right (assuming they followed the schematics properly)? Or is there an older version with this form factor that does not have the audio connected?

> I am thinking of using this to split a signal, not for capture but to have a head to head fighting game setup. The methods I use normally is passive and reduces the brightness/saturation of the image. But I also need the output to have less than 1f of input lag.

This is not a good solution for that. The split out output is for typical 75ohm terminated video like consumer TVs or OSSC, not arcade monitors.

> Is there a frame buffer or processing that would cause input lag (and has it been tested)? And this would solve the brightness issue too right?

No frame buffer. There is no lag.

> Also, I am purchasing this pre-assembled on ebay. and it looks like the version with screw terminals. I just wanted to confirm that this version has the audio being output to the 8-pin din right (assuming they followed the schematics properly)? Or is there an older version with this form factor that does not have the audio connected.

Afaik, the version sold on ebay does some hacky thing which bypasses audio to the mini-din-8.
I do not recommend doing that.

None of the versions I've designed passes audio on mini-din-8, since that would imply having shared GND between video and audio, which can cause ground loop noise.

edit: To clarify, I am not involved in any sales of this on ebay.
It is open source hardware, so people are fine to modify and sell it as they see fit though, just be aware that I won't know much about any modifications :)

Thanks for the info.

I'm using this setup on superguns on LCDs through Upscalers. so not arcade monitors. So That works fine for me.

yeah I realize you're not involved with the ebay versions. which is why i noted (assuming they followed the schematics properly)

Audio isn't a big issue the main thing I plan to use it on is CPS2 which I usually take the audio through the RCA jacks as well.

Just for knowledge sake though, (I'm usually setting these up during events -- Sometimes I forget equipment or need to do hacky things.) Assuming the audio is hooked up the way you think it is, Ground loop noise would be the worst side effect right? Nothing that would damage equipment? (I have some ground loop isolators, I wonder if putting that in the chain between the batsu and upscaler would help.)

> I'm using this setup on superguns on LCDs through Upscalers. so not arcade monitors. So That works fine for me.

Yeah, should work.

> Just for knowledge sake though, (I'm usually setting these up during events -- Sometimes I forget equipment or need to do hacky things.) Assuming the audio is hooked up the way you think it is, Ground loop noise would be the worst side effect right? Nothing that would damage equipment? (I have some ground loop isolators, I wonder if putting that in the chain between the batsu and upscaler would help.

Very unlikely to break anything, but maybe try it on something cheaper than Third Strike first ;)

I’m pretty interested in obtaining one :) I was hoping for an easy solution because I was originally using a Namco RGB to ntsc converter hooked up to a dvr to capture my vids.

Any chance of buying one assembled?

LOVELY! I'd love to see a YPbPr version, not just for streaming, but for connect the systems to a CRT with no SCART input.

any updates? I really want one of these!!

Back