What's new

Murray

Grand Master
Reaction score
I just added aw-the_rumble_fish_2_Characters_Unlocked_AW19, which, as the name implies, has the extra characters unlocked.

UPDATE:

Rom replaced by aw-the_rumble_fish_2_Unlocked_AW19

To play as Beatrice:
Place your cursor on Hazama on character selection screen.

Press: 4x →

Hold both "Punch" buttons and press "Start" for Time Attack mode.

Hold both "Kick" buttons and press "Start" for Survival mode.
Tested this as well, it works fine, except the buttons for time attack and survivial are switched.

It's

Hold both "Kick" buttons and press "Start" for Time Attack mode.

Hold both "Punch" buttons and press "Start" for Survival mode.

:)

Thanks again for these unlocks, theyre awesome.

mathieulh

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I fixed the bug in Guilty Gear Isuka that caused an error 22 upon losing.
cool, curious what was the cause ?
The rom needed to be patched rather than the loader. Value 0x20A0 needs to be changed to 0xFEAC at locations 0xB51BE and 0xBA57E in the naomi rom (though only patching location 0xBA57E is enough to fix the bug)

MetalliC

Grand Master
Reaction score
@mathieulh sure, I see which bytes was changed in binary, but I was wondering what was actual cause of the bug ?
or you don't know that, and just reused patches from AW to DC conversion ?

mathieulh

Enthusiast
Reaction score
@mathieulh sure, I see which bytes was changed in binary, but I was wondering what was actual cause of the bug ?
or you don't know that, and just reused patches from AW to DC conversion ?
I am not quite sure what causes it, it seems that the original value triggers an exception (I assume from accessing an illegal/unmapped range); I got the value (0xFEAC) from the final revision of the DC conversion and tested to make sure it works on the NAOMI.

MetalliC

Grand Master
Reaction score
understood, then probably megavolt85 should know what was the root of problem he fixed using these patches.

mathieulh

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I added an unlocked version of Neo Geo Battle Coliseum, to unlock all characters the system region must be changed to "other" and language to "english" in the test menu, most characters remain locked if the region is set to Japan.

Thanks to YZB for this patch.

Murray

Grand Master
Reaction score
@mathieulh

Can I use it with wipi? It's just drag and drop or there is something else to change?
If you replace the rom that you currently have in your WiPi roms folder, and name this new unlocked rom the exact same name as the current one you have, all you have to do is drop it in the roms folder and it will work.

If you don't rename the new rom file, you will need to open up the config CSV, add a new line entry for this new rom, you can copy the current one for NGBC, and just insert it below that in the csv, change the rom filename field to match the actual rom filename of the new rom, change the NAME field to say NGBC UNLOCKED or something like that, then load WiPi, goto SETUP MENU, run the option LOAD CSV FROM HDD, and you should see it in your list then.

Or wait for the next pack to include this game :)

Thanks Again @mathieulh

GuileWinQuote

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All of the games work for me except The Rumble Fish 2 (vanilla rom + all characters rom) which sucks cause it's the game I wanted most!

Any ideas?

megavolt85

New User
Reaction score
Value 0x20A0 needs to be changed to 0xFEAC

A0200000 replaced to ACFE0000
Dreamcast has no SRAM, I upload a copy of SRAM at ACFE0000

does anyone have clean dumps of KenJu and Force Five?
at least dump only ic12

Alex_P

Beginner
Reaction score
any ideas why metal slug 6 freezes? too much for the N1? :/

Alex_P

Beginner
Reaction score
I believe I figured it out. I tried to play with a mega drive controller I had wired up for the Naomi, but apparently the inputs were shorting all over the pcb. probably crashed the jvs io..
all is good now though

Last edited:

MetalliC

Grand Master
Reaction score
I believe I figured it out. I tried to play with a mega drive controller I had wired up for the Naomi, but apparently the inputs were shorting all over the pcb. probably crashed the jvs io..
all is good now though
hehe, sounds familiar, you're likely triggered original MS6's bug - game will hang if press left+right+fire at the same time.
normally it is not possible, but it is a PITA for PC emu-gamers who mainly use keyboard.