What's new

terminator2k2

Student
Reaction score
hi there, received the multikit today and fitted it :)

but whenever I select a game, I get a green screen for a brief second then black screen, ive tried a different sd card , I get exactly the same...

Ive so far checked the connections between all the pins and the b board and everything is fine, ive checked the jumper settings and all read good, ive tried 2 different sd cards, ive tried shorting exc5 and made no difference.

Ive put my original ssf2 b board back on the a board and that plays fine.

The lcd screen on the multi also seems to be working fine.

Just a question about the auto reset feature, do i still need to add the wire ?

Ive got to sort the black screen first any how.

any pointers?

Last edited:
just an update on this, ive just installed the auto reset wire just to test that, and now I have garbled graphics,

so ive gone from black screen to now having garbled graphics...

on progear I also have audio , just tested ssf2x and the sound is low with noise...

ok so ive had a chance to have a better play around...

super street fighter 2 graphics garbled , but audio is 100% fine

super puzzle fighter 2 graphics ok but audio is just crackles

this is strange to me, funny how audio works on some and others its just noise.

and also the graphics are ok on puzzle fighter but nothing else....

Last edited:
hi there, received the multikit today and fitted it :)

but whenever I select a game, I get a green screen for a brief second then black screen, ive tried a different sd card , I get exactly the same...

Just a question about the auto reset feature, do i still need to add the wire ?
Make sure you use branded microSD, preferably 4Gb in size.

For reset, you need the wire.

just an update on this, ive just installed the auto reset wire just to test that, and now I have garbled graphics,

so ive gone from black screen to now having garbled graphics...

on progear I also have audio , just tested ssf2x and the sound is low with noise...

ok so ive had a chance to have a better play around...

super street fighter 2 graphics garbled , but audio is 100% fine

super puzzle fighter 2 graphics ok but audio is just crackles

this is strange to me, funny how audio works on some and others its just noise.

and also the graphics are ok on puzzle fighter but nothing else....
I can't imagine of a reason why adding the reset wire would change from black screen to garbled graphics.

This has to do either with an unproperly mounted kit (see jumpers, pal, pins, etc) or rather a failing B Board.

ive been using a samsung 16gig i borowed from my phone, also a nokia 256meg gives me same results.

As for a failing b board , i dont know its history as i brought it from a ukvac member with no roms on setup for the multigame card. I actualy thought about a failing b board as when puzzle fighter loads up there are horizontal lines to begin with then gradualy gets better, but still no audio.

I want to keep an open mind though at the mo so i can trouble shoot this.

Last edited:
Thanks for the help darksoft much appreciated, can a chip from the ssf2 battery board be used to replace the gpal ? Without harming my battery board.

Thanks for the help darksoft much appreciated, can a chip from the ssf2 battery board be used to replace the gpal ? Without harming my battery board.
If you have a PAL from another known-to-work B Board, give it a go. Can't be worst than what you have now :(

That seems too random to be a failure in the multi. I'm more inclined to a problem with the B Board, but may be wrong.

well mr darksoft, received the new pal g chip this morning , after carefully bending all the pins back into place, i put it in its socket, switched on and bang, i was presented with a full functioning multigame board, ive tried a couple of games and they were running great apart from a bit of crackling on the audio.

Looks like silverfoxes pal g chips arent programmed or working correctly. Something you should note as i know he was having similar problems over on ukvac forums before his board went to a coloured screen.

Any way thanks for going out of your way for pal g chip, much appreciated.

well mr darksoft, received the new pal g chip this morning , after carefully bending all the pins back into place, i put it in its socket, switched on and bang, i was presented with a full functioning multigame board, ive tried a couple of games and they were running great apart from a bit of crackling on the audio.

Looks like silverfoxes pal g chips arent programmed or working correctly. Something you should note as i know he was having similar problems over on ukvac forums before his board went to a coloured screen.

Any way thanks for going out of your way for pal g chip, much appreciated.
Great news. Another happy ending. I'll contact Silverfox.

Hi there,

I also received my Multikit today and I have a similar black screen problem. This is my setup:

Flatscreen tv
XRGB mini
Supergun by RGB

Previously I have run Capcom Sports Club Euro version on it and it runs fine.

When I put the Multikit which Darksoft already hooked up I just get a black screen. Xrgb is set to output in rgb.

Make sure you have everything pushed all the way in and have your card set up properly.

I have not opened the b board yet. I just plugged the b board directly to my aboard. Darksoft gave me the impression that he set everything up for me. Sure I'll open up the b board.

Hi there,

I also received my Multikit today and I have a similar black screen problem. This is my setup:

Flatscreen tv
XRGB mini
Supergun by RGB

Previously I have run Capcom Sports Club Euro version on it and it runs fine.

When I put the Multikit which Darksoft already hooked up I just get a black screen. Xrgb is set to output in rgb.
Black screen means program rom is not working properly. It may have shifted during transport. Make sure all the boards are pushed all the way down, specially the middle one.

It worked. I opened up the board, although I first had to figure out to take of the screws of the b board shell. After wiggling with these PCBs and switching on and off the system it finally runs! Thank you so much for everything. Amazing! Still can't believe that this thing is working. Though I must say that some games have sound right away and some don't. Is it suppose to be like this?

Yes. Some games have demo sound turned off by default in the programming

Back