What's new
74D46837-7BA6-4219-8492-56DFCFED1D84.jpeg
8CC5D5C6-7AC3-4B6C-A410-6B2683072E24.jpeg
1A4BF14C-E129-41BD-BC7D-246B864FAD4C.jpeg

Replaced the Sun PSU fan today. Now just gotta replace my Naomi 2 fans. Ordered 2 noctua fans and the Gelid Silent 6 per the threads I’ve seen on here.

2x Noctua NF-A4x10 5V, Premium Quiet Fan, 3-Pin, 5V Version (40x10mm, Brown)​

Gelid FN-SX06-38 60mm Silent6 Case Fan​

So I can’t get my P1 extra buttons to work. Here is my setup. Tried 2 different harnesses.

F99042BE-E851-49FA-9DB3-F6A00B9FECDC.png
B9A08845-C615-4401-B92A-B78C8C947777.jpeg
41B14703-C9C1-4015-8AA9-29BD5D375260.jpeg

So I can’t get my P1 extra buttons to work. Here is my setup. Tried 2 different harnesses
Half your wires aren’t going into the Sega IO. On that particular IO I believe button 4 and 5 need to be pulled from the jamma finger and button 6 from the connector that your brown wires are going. @Lemony Vengeance makes kick connectors for this. Imo you should just avoid all eBay stuff and buy your harnesses and cables directly from him.

The eBay ones I got are actually well made and well thought out but the first set was crap lol. I think it’s gonna be something inside the cabinet or I’m plugging something in the wrong.

I think I understand your explanation about the brown wires and one from the jamma finger but from what I’ve shown have I plugged things in correctly?

when I bought the harness this was the info I was provided. I bet I could hook up 1-5 on the 1P harness but then I’d still be SOL if nothing thru the kick / extra buttons harness is working for that 6th button.

I was told 1-5 is jamma plus

Then 3 additional buttons on extra button harness.

So the plan was to do buttons 1-3 on P1 harness and 4-6 on extra button harness.

—-

Hi
Thanks for your inquiry

Color code is for 2 players

Player 1 white connector
Player 2 black connector
Smaller connector is kick Harness

One color for each button , same for P1 or P2

You get up to 5 buttons for each player (Jamma plus)
With smaller connector you get buttons 4/5/6 for each player (kick harness)

You will get twice Button 4 and 5
This is because you can use either Jamma plus set up (atomiswave, neo Geo ...) or kick Harness (Capcom CPS)

I'm the maker of that harness pictured (arcade_signal) and never had a complaint about it. Can I get some feedback on why it's crap? I don't actually own a blast, just built it based on available pinouts and feedback from users who have not reported the problem you're having.

EDIT, Though I suspect most are going from the Blast I/O to an actual CPS2

EDIT2: To be clear, my harness is the one from the Blast I/O to CPS2 female. I am not responsible for that other thing with the hacked up header serving as a male connector. I have no idea why people do this as a proper male wire to wire connector exists for Hirose DF1B. Hopefully, this is the one you mean was crap. If mine strikes you as crap please PM me so I can make it right with a revised item or full refund. Despite selling on ebay for convenience I take quality very seriously.

Last edited:
I've bought several of those harnesses from you @dos! They are actually perfect. The issue SeganFan is having has to do with what Bling said, which is related to the Sega IO. If he was using a Capcom IO it would have been plug and play. But since he's using a sega IO he needs to grab ground and buttons 5 and 6 from the jamma edge. Lemony has a cute little adapter he makes for this application.

Reactions: dos
I'm the maker of that harness pictured (arcade_signal) and never had a complaint about it. Can I get some feedback on why it's crap? I don't actually own a blast, just built it based on available pinouts and feedback from users who have not reported the problem you're having.

EDIT, Though I suspect most are going from the Blast I/O to an actual CPS2

EDIT2: To be clear, my harness is the one from the Blast I/O to CPS2 female. I am not responsible for that other thing with the hacked up header serving as a male connector. I have no idea why people do this as a proper male wire to wire connector exists for Hirose DF1B. Hopefully, this is the one you mean was crap. If mine strikes you as crap please PM me so I can make it right with a revised item or full refund. Despite selling on ebay for convenience I take quality very seriously.

Sorry if I offended anyone. The one that was crap is not pictured anywhere. Your wiring harness is excellent.

I was referring to a 1P control panel wiring harness from ebay from a seller I wouldn't mention. Sorry if my descriptions are not so accurate I'm new around here.

The reason I thought it was not that great was the lengths of the grounds and the way they were daisy-chained made organizing the wires neatly pretty difficult and there were no good wiring instructions included. I had to manually look at a diagram and switch colors in my head it was a mess.

Could you clarify on the "other thing with the hacked-up header serving as a male connector"? (maybe circle it in the picture because im slow lol) I'd like to get my setup as clean as possible so im open to any suggestions. Thanks and sorry for the confusion.

I've bought several of those harnesses from you @dos! They are actually perfect. The issue SeganFan is having has to do with what Bling said, which is related to the Sega IO. If he was using a Capcom IO it would have been plug and play. But since he's using a sega IO he needs to grab ground and buttons 5 and 6 from the jamma edge. Lemony has a cute little adapter he makes for this application.

This sounds promising. Still trying to understand though. The jamma edge is the blue connector in the picture correct? and the board it is connected to would be referred to as the jamma interface? Could you show me a picture of the adapter or explain again how id grab 5 and 6 from the jamma edge? Still waiting for a response on my internal power connector order but ill buy whatever I need to get this going. Thanks again everyone.

No offence taken, I am just interested in feedback. If something I do sucks, I want to know about it the rawest terms in order to improve.

I was talking about the orange adapter between my harness and the I/O. I would not have built it like that because it can be done "cleaner" with a real male connector and not wires soldered to a PCB header. If it's functional for you though, no reason to switch.

Last edited:
This sounds promising. Still trying to understand though. The jamma edge is the blue connector in the picture correct? and the board it is connected to would be referred to as the jamma interface? Could you show me a picture of the adapter or explain again how id grab 5 and 6 from the jamma edge? Still waiting for a response on my internal power connector order but ill buy whatever I need to get this going. Thanks again everyone.
https://www.arcade-projects.com/thr...-and-a-cps2-in-a-blast-city.22132/post-337710

Here’s how the lemony adaptor connects. You can see he’s pulling button 4 and 5 from the jamma connector which then goes into a female cps2 connector. From there you can connect to your blast using the cn8 header on the IO

Man what was Sega smoking when they made that I/O

Looks like the standard 001 loom a blast should have. Handles Jamma, JVS power and Stereo/Mono.

64C40930-C509-44AF-A0EE-EAEFCC3AC48B.jpeg

Sega IO board

9D676FD4-46F2-496E-A32D-096A9609B803.jpeg

Sega JVS / JAMMA converter

Am I getting my terms right? I am mixing the two up and sounds like sometimes ppl use the terms interchangeably

Yeah you're correct. I have called the JAMMA->JVS converter an I/O in previous posts, because it technically is, but you're right. I use "blast city I/O" to refer to the one in the cab so it's clearer.

Half your wires aren’t going into the Sega IO. On that particular IO I believe button 4 and 5 need to be pulled from the jamma finger and button 6 from the connector that your brown wires are going. @Lemony Vengeance makes kick connectors for this. Imo you should just avoid all eBay stuff and buy your harnesses and cables directly from him.
Yeah, that dude on eBay is dos (from this forum) and his gear is *top notch*. He is also a friend of mine, and I help my friends :)

I encourage people to buy from whomever is most convenient for them. There’s enough room for lots of makers in the space!

That said, I do make an edge adapter that will work with this IO to connect a CPS2 kick harness. I made that to accommodate ease of use, and to allow people to easily swap between solutions. The CPs2 harness has become a kind of industry standard, and it’s easier to use adapters than to swap kick solutions to the blast IO out with each game. Especially since the cp and extra button harnesses would need to be rewired every time.

There's no single solution where you will never have to rewire buttons. If you boot up Virtua Striker or Virtua Fighter on the Naomi, uh oh, third button should now be on the bottom row. If you put in a NeoGeo or a PGM, uh oh again, first button should now be on the bottom row.

Man what was Sega smoking when they made that I/O

What do you mean?

As much as you guys like to champion Capcom and their ridiculously oversized kick harness connector, a lot of the industry was utilizing the unused pins at the end of the jamma connector for additional buttons. SNK started it and many followed, Sega eventually too. Even Capcom messed with it, both CPS2 and CPS3 support the 4th button on the jamma edge.

Anyway, just random musings. Carry on.

I never understood moving the first button to the bottom row on Neo when adapting to 6 buttons. I just treat it as a 4th button using the "normal" layout of

Of course I prefer to play Neo on a proper Neo panel, but moving button 1 to the bottom row of a 6 button panel doesn't really replicate that to me and feels strange.

As far as putting kicks on the JAMMA edge, yeah it was a done thing but I think a lot more extra button games used a kick harness of some kind, which can then be adapted. I feel like by the time that IO was out the loose standard should have been followed. It wasn't of course, so it's a pointless complaint.

I like the CPS2 connector because it's one of the few used for kicks with a real wire-to-wire male connector. This means it can be adapted to anything else that uses outboard kicks or 3P/4P controls cleanly without soldering a header to a wire harness.

Back