What's new
I never understood moving the first button to the bottom row on Neo when adapting to 6 buttons. I just treat it as a 4th button using the "normal" layout

The biggest issue is with fighting games, like when pressing C+D.

I like the CPS2 connector because it's one of the few used for kicks with a real wire-to-wire male connector.

This is a valid point.

Fair enough with the fighters, been using a real neo cab so long I forgot about how annoying that is on a 6b layout. I think what I used to do was put D on button 6 actually.

This is why so many cabs with Neo Geo games use the dial selectors for button layout. I have those too (modeled after this Technopolis one), it helps a lot. Even with fighters there's a range of how they work and which button layout makes sense.

EpiSk73U8AA39oY.jpeg

This is why so many cabs with Neo Geo games use the dial selectors for button layout. I have those too (modeled after this Technopolis one), it helps a lot. Even with fighters there's a range of how they work and which button layout makes sense.

EpiSk73U8AA39oY.jpeg
That’s very cool! Wish it was easy to put 8 buttons on any cab and change the layout like that.

0EA85818-0F11-42A4-A9D0-EE71420AA658.jpeg
C2B6541B-187B-45DC-A5F5-0CF2DA6BFF96.jpeg
C745EFD8-313E-4F4D-9FCD-5A3C7C0503C5.jpeg
4C4705A3-CF5C-4473-9A43-53C6E1FCA111.jpeg
F9336B2F-71CC-4920-8D94-D4148179D742.jpeg

183395FC-0337-463A-9168-71038F2FDF0C.jpeg

Didn’t realize these are the same Noctuas for the Dreamcast fan replacement. Since I have an extra I’ll be working on that next. Now that the Blast PSU, Sun PSU, and Naomi 2 all have new quiet fans it sounds like a dream and not like a rickety jet. Thanks everyone for showing me the way on these mods. Bought a noctua for my PC case as well lol.

I also found that turning the Naomi 2 Noctuas sideways (I did this to make the cable stretch and look neater) made them fit snugger into the heat sinks. Not sure why if they are square, but they are snug enough to where I may just leave the stock screws in there and I don’t think they will be moving much.

There's no single solution where you will never have to rewire buttons. If you boot up Virtua Striker or Virtua Fighter on the Naomi, uh oh, third button should now be on the bottom row. If you put in a NeoGeo or a PGM, uh oh again, first button should now be on the bottom row.

What do you mean?

As much as you guys like to champion Capcom and their ridiculously oversized kick harness connector, a lot of the industry was utilizing the unused pins at the end of the jamma connector for additional buttons. SNK started it and many followed, Sega eventually too. Even Capcom messed with it, both CPS2 and CPS3 support the 4th button on the jamma edge.

Anyway, just random musings. Carry on.
You can reprogram buttons on the fly without wiring with the RECO. It also has CPS2 edge as well as a few other features.

I would like it if he made a version without the JAMMA female and solder posts so I could upgrade my jamma connector permanently.

if you decide to -purchase lemony’s connector. I can attest to his build quality. He also sends some sweet slaps with his order

I was able to connect buttons 1-5 thru p1 harness just for testing and all those buttons worked fine.

Tried jumper A and B on Sega JVS / IO board with no change.

Will be purchasing lemonys adapter asap.

Just still bummed thought I could get it working without it.

18B5A628-C2FD-4B4D-A6DE-DF5C672B56C0.png

Finally figured out my model of monitor. Not sure how this differs from the other Nanaos.

Ordered my internal power adapter and kick adapter from lemony. Hope these are the two last pieces minus the monitor repair 🤓

Is there a way to get Virtua Golf to work? Not sure if it’s a net dimm incompatibility thing or I don’t have the right type of control setup

9A68534F-BC18-463D-B387-423C9C00FC7B.jpeg

That would be an incompatible IO board, my man. Which one is being used, the JVS to Jamma io?

There's nothing wrong with that i/o, but you also need the trackball i/o daisy chained to play the trackball games.

Is there any solution for a naomi 2 nett dimm to turn on free play? I do kinda want to buy some Japanese Yen though lol

Is there any solution for a naomi 2 nett dimm to turn on free play? I do kinda want to buy some Japanese Yen though lol
Settings for freeplay in Naomi are buried under coin assignments in the test menu iirc its the very last coin configuration like number 23 or something

Back