What's new
yeah just solder the wires directly to the terminal. I mean its nice to have quick connects but realistically HOW often are you needing to undo those speakers and would you want to rip that all apart all over if the quick connect some how falls off... thats why I solder them when ever I do the replacements. Solder it nice and well the first time and the only time you will ever need to undo it is probably never lol

yeah just solder the wires directly to the terminal. I mean its nice to have quick connects but realistically HOW often are you needing to undo those speakers and would you want to rip that all apart all over if the quick connect some how falls off... thats why I solder them when ever I do the replacements. Solder it nice and well the first time and the only time you will ever need to undo it is probably never lol
Never looked it that way. It makes alot of sense.

Hi everyone,

Sorry for the intrusion, I wanted to show you my personal solution to the common problem with Blast City speakers and similar Sega cabinets.
There is no simple solution, changing a speaker for another exactly the same is impossible, this speaker model is not available, at least for me.
After many tests and a lot of time invested, this has been the option I chose...

Attachments

• BlastC-Before.JPG
    BlastC-Before.JPG
    177.2 KB · Views: 78
  • BlastC--After.JPG
    BlastC--After.JPG
    170.1 KB · Views: 78
  • BlastC-01.JPG
    BlastC-01.JPG
    187.2 KB · Views: 77
  • BlastC-02.JPG
    BlastC-02.JPG
    165.5 KB · Views: 79
  • BlastC-03.JPG
    BlastC-03.JPG
    146.6 KB · Views: 84
  • BlastC-04.JPG
    BlastC-04.JPG
    144.2 KB · Views: 91
  • BlastC-05.JPG
    BlastC-05.JPG
    157.4 KB · Views: 86
  • BlastC-06.JPG
    BlastC-06.JPG
    140.8 KB · Views: 81
  • BlastC-07.JPG
    BlastC-07.JPG
    144.8 KB · Views: 78
Hi everyone,

Sorry for the intrusion, I wanted to show you my personal solution to the common problem with Blast City speakers and similar Sega cabinets.
There is no simple solution, changing a speaker for another exactly the same is impossible, this speaker model is not available, at least for me.
After many tests and a lot of time invested, this has been the option I chose...
Need some more info. Model #? Shielded speakers?

Interesting, are those from a Sony sound bar?
I don't know what equipment they come from, they are used and I bought them at a television technical service.

Yes, they have the armored cone.

Were you ever able to create the model for the speaker?

Do you guys mind sharing the pictures you have and linking me to the group, please? I might give this model a shot.
Still haven't got round to it, all my gear is under dust sheets i'm afraid. The group was https://www.facebook.com/groups/429399407089518 but as far as pictures its only those in the post you quoted there is nothing else. Unfortunately the guy who made them didn't want to share, his response was it's easy to make (make your own).

Very cool. I will try this method as i aint paying the obscene price on ebay

That is incredible. It's been several years since I rebuilt my speaker modules, and I don't know if I saved the old drivers. If I did, this would be a really fun project to attempt. Thanks for sharing.

Back