What's new
And that’s a wrap on blast City #1.
080C462F-5120-49E7-9ACE-97BADB939554.jpeg

Parts Express no longer have them. Looks like we're going to need to find another alternative

1687914242935.png

They were out of stock when I was looking at them early last year, hopefully it's just temporary!

I think it's more of the "clearance" tag on them. When they were out of stock you could sign up for an email to be notified once stock was back

Parts Express no longer have them. Looks like we're going to need to find another alternative

1687914242935.png
i bought 12 of these when they were in stock.

My speakers were fine to begin with but im "hoarding" them , for when the time comes.

Parts Express just tell me they will not receive some of them anymore ...So anyone know if AuraSound is a japanese company and how to get in contact with them for an order ..o buying other Speaker Combo with Box built in to fix in Blast near same place as the Guenine speaker Box .

Has anyone replaced the brackets that attach the speaker boxes to the frame with something that doesn't require splitting the cab?

When I did mine the first time I just reached up in along the monitor to unscrew the front screw and bent the brackets out of the way. It's not great but it beats hours of disassembly.

It would probably be somewhat easy to design something you could 3d print that snaps together. I suppose the biggest issue is you need clearance behind the speaker to remove it. And since it sits flush against the wall, there's not a lot of wiggle room to make some kind of bracket that is going to protrude from the wall even just a little bit when not assembled. I'm envisioning like a tab sticking out that an L shaped piece could slide onto, but the speaker would need to be able to clear said tab.

I picked up a set of KC's speakers that I'm gonna install tomorrow. They fit perfectly, but the existing wiring won't work since they both use small (2.8mm?) spade connectors. The connectors are angled horizontally so it seems like any connector won't fit without bending the tabs inward. I worry that they're not study enough for that though:
blast_speakers.jpg

I'd like to avoid hacking up the existing wiring, so I'm planning to make adapters with these male connectors: 2.8mm, 4.8mm and some 18 AWG speaker wire.

Anyone have success installing these before? Think I should solder wires directly to the speaker terminals or bend the tabs in?

I picked up a set of KC's speakers that I'm gonna install tomorrow. They fit perfectly, but the existing wiring won't work since they both use small (2.8mm?) spade connectors. The connectors are angled horizontally so it seems like any connector won't fit without bending the tabs inward. I worry that they're not study enough for that though:
blast_speakers.jpg

I'd like to avoid hacking up the existing wiring, so I'm planning to make adapters with these male connectors: 2.8mm, 4.8mm and some 18 AWG speaker wire.

Anyone have success installing these before? Think I should solder wires directly to the speaker terminals or bend the tabs in?

Solder is the way to go. That's what I did.

Bend the terminals down and cut them so that the existing speaker connectors fit.

Solder is the way to go. That's what I did.
Cool, thanks. That's what I did, seemed to come out well. We'll see how they sound.
IMG_20231119_185755.jpg

IMG_20231119_200801.jpg

Bend the terminals down and cut them so that the existing speaker connectors fit.
Yeah, the terminals seem to be the right size for the smaller connectors for the negative sides, so the terminals don't need to be cut. I could bend and use the existing negative wires and terminals, but I'd still need to make an adapter or something to connect the existing large female positive ends to the positive speaker terminals.

how's the sound?
Yeah, tested mine and they sound great. Happy with how soldering wires with connectors turned out, solid connections and I didn't have to modify the original harnesses at all.

I got those same speakers from kc for my blast city, they fit perfectly and sound really good.
I second this. They sound amazing and fit perfectly. Just the connectors need to be molded.

Did you guys add any additional padding or anything? I just screwed mine down in the boxes and am planning to add fabric tape around the edges like the originals had.

Yeah, tested mine and they sound great. Happy with how soldering wires with connectors turned out, solid connections and I didn't have to modify the original harnesses at all.

Did you guys add any additional padding or anything? I just screwed mine down in the boxes and am planning to add fabric tape around the edges like the originals had.
I wrapped electrical tape around the fabric as I had to slice it to remove the old speakers. No one is gonna see it...

Back