What's new
It is really cool and a clean solution. But is it a better one? Not sure.

No clue. We would have to ask and find out.

These guys aren't the only speaker repair out there, but its an avenue worth pursuing if someone wants to keep the originals intact.

not a huge KC fan or a fan at all actually but he appears to have found a good replacement speaker
EBAY
It looks like they fit a little better than the aurasounds, unless he took those pictures at that weird angle on purpose to make it look like they fit better than they do.... but would he do that??(

I've purchased a set of the replacements that KC sells and I can confirm that they are the same spec and size as the original speakers. The most noticeable difference is that the metal body/bracket is thinner, and easier to accidentally bend, and also the magnet seems to be a bit stronger than the original. I'll probably wrap some aluminum tape around the magnet as a precaution against the CRT, but it's probably unnecessary.

I haven't installed them inside my Blast City yet due to how annoying it is to pull the CRT out, so I can't comment if it sounds better or worse yet. I can't imagine them sounding that bad compared to the stock speakers since the degraded foam causes havoc with the low end. I did buy a small audio amp to power and test the speakers before I went through the trouble of installation, but it sits on the pile of other projects that I'm procrastinating on >.>

I've used those speakers from KC. That picture KC used in his ebay listing is mine. Speakers are drop in replacement. They sound fine. Not amazing but the rattle is gone from the shitty deteriorated speakers most blast have.

I can confirm the KC Sega Blast City speakers work and are a perfect fit. I had gndzero install them for me personally. If you require any directions or install instructions please reach out him personally. They sound amazing no pun intended lol.

I've used those speakers from KC. That picture KC used in his ebay listing is mine. Speakers are drop in replacement. They sound fine. Not amazing but the rattle is gone from the shitty deteriorated speakers most blast have.
Is shielding an issue? Any interference on the CRT?

No issues at all with shielding. The only issue was the spade connectors are the same size compared to the blast city ones which have one wider then the other, so you have to make sure the connection is snug. I just smashed it with some pliers.

Question is. Cost. Although i dont like how you have to route out the speaker box for the partsexpress ones. Ironically i got my cabs from kc. And the speaker’s are blown! Sounds like a congested asshole

All Blast have that blown speaker issue. More like rotted speaker syndrome. They blast too hard....

Question is. Cost. Although i dont like how you have to route out the speaker box for the partsexpress ones. Ironically i got my cabs from kc. And the speaker’s are blown! Sounds like a congested asshole
The replacement speakers he sells are brand new on ebay and the price is $90usd for 4 speakers. 2 for left and 2 for right.

The replacement speakers he sells are brand new on ebay and the price is $90usd for 4 speakers. 2 for left and 2 for right.
I managed to contact him directly, and get a bulk buy for some friends and I, and got a slightly better deal.

I havent put them in, but we bought like 50+ individual speakers.

All came in, packaged reasonably, and tested via resistance, and spacing as exactly as the old one. Magnet was slightly stronger, but I trust our folks here, if they say no issues with shielding, and will be installing my 3 sets soon.

Refurbished (reformed) speakers on YAJ. BD170348-1593-4F2D-A0F0-5AD7975498F0.jpeghttps://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/m1085281720?conversionType=service_page_search

Guessing to recone or for the surrounds will typically cost more than the aftermarket options. Those places aren’t cheap

I have installed the speakers KC sells a few times on Blasts at buyers request. The fitment is good the only sore spot is the terminal sizes are different from OE spec but thats an easy fix.
I was trying to see if I could find a source that can make some as well but I have not had the time of day to dive much deeper.

I think he gets his custom made in China or something, they have no makers marks and are generic but seem to be okay quality and not garbage.
They seem adequately shielded too.

Back