What's new

cornerstone

Beginner
Reaction score
Hi there,

I have a Blast City MS29, manual switching chassis that displays a yellow tint and some odd artifacts when cold. I can increase the frequency of this by applying pressure to the control panel or just heavily stepping around the room, causing some vibration.
It seems to peak at about 10 minutes after I turn it on, but it goes away completely when the monitor is warmed up.
I haven’t cleaned this cab up yet, what should I be looking for when I do?
The cab had some color issues that were fixed - I believe the color red was not showing.
Is this a chassis, monitor, or grounding/wiring issue?

F051D0DA-0232-42E0-8916-A3359F89C32F.jpeg

91F6C572-B934-430A-9C01-67E9CDAA9E9C.jpeg

Has anyone else had this issue? Am I stressing any components by continuing to play on it?

Thanks for the help.

The yellow tint is likely something on the blue drive circuit on the neck board. Transistor, diodes or solder joints.

As for the artifacting, take off the bezel and wiggle the two connectors on the frame.

I was having some issues with my blast and one of the things causing weird intermittent issues was the IO board. Unplugging the cables and cleaning the contacts with deoxit helped get rid of those issues. Try jiggly the cables at the IO board to see if it stirs anything up!

The other issues were found primarily on the neckboard as nem has suggested
https://www.arcade-projects.com/thr...s-after-5-minutes-new-caps-and-flyback.14082/

Yep, you guys were right about the front connecting cables. The unplugged and plugged back in the right side cable and adjusted the center one. I remounted two of the cables on the a wire fitting that should alleviate some stress on the connection. The wide one on the far right does stay very loose though, I’m thinking a small bit of electrical tape may help it from sagging.
I also forgot that the monitor adjustment board just sits in the control panel tray with no real support, which contributed to the artifacting when pressure was applied to the panel.
Are there any mounting solutions for that little pcb other than putting it back in it’s original, hard to reach spot?

Thanks again for the help on this one.

Back