What's new
Looks amazing. I wonder if they will be able to do something with the sprite priority issues in some places at all.
Yeah it looks like the bootleg board and decades old emulators, especially the stairway - this made me chuckle!
It will be interesting if they get it perfect or give up / release an imperfect hack.

That said, the Q sound porting is great work!

Yeah most looks and sounds great. Looking forward to it even if they can't get it perfect.

I just purchased the Multi CPS 2 Darksoft. I need Cadillacs and Dinosaur running on my CPS2 system. Is there any progress and possibility of some version that I can play it now even if it is not complete?

I just purchased the Multi CPS 2 Darksoft. I need Cadillacs and Dinosaur running on my CPS2 system. Is there any progress and possibility of some version that I can play it now even if it is not complete?
Considering darksoft just released a cps 1.X multi that plays C&D natively I doubt anyone is gonna put in the effort to attempt a port to cps2 hardware. It’s super time intensive and even in the end it’s not perfect.

With the new Darksoft CPS1/1.5 multi kit now available, I doubt anyone will put in further effort to port CPS 1.5 games to CPS 2.

I don’t think anyone even started on C&D > CPS2.
Nope, not to mention it became clear early on that each 1.5 game would need custom adjustment/hacking to get it running.
Never a one-patch-fits-all type situation, so its just waaaay too much work essentially hand port/test all these games.

I actually deleted that line because I think someone did actually start a port once upon a time. One being apocalypse but he’s no longer active.

I think someone did actually start a port once upon a time
I thought it was that neocps1 guy (remember the original MVS multi menu guy) :rolleyes:
He's got skills, but his legacy is unfinished work (was even before the MVS multi job, thats why some of us were concerned upon learning he was attached, and sure enough he didn't last long aka why DS brought in Apocalypse).

I think the Final Fight AE team (Arcade Atavism) on Patreon mentioned planning on using their knowledge / skills converting FF to CPS2 for other CPS(1.5) games in the future once their current project is done. That’s probably the most likely source for any CPS(1.5) conversions going forward.

Thanks for the info. I am going to buy Multi CPS 1.5 too in the near future. The best way to play perfect native Cadillacs.

I find myself looking at the CPS 2 multi pack and I didn't see Cadillacs in it. Well I'll play it in Multi CPS 1.5 soon perfect.

Last edited:
I thought it was that neocps1 guy (remember the original MVS multi menu guy) :rolleyes:
He's got skills, but his legacy is unfinished work (was even before the MVS multi job, thats why some of us were concerned upon learning he was attached, and sure enough he didn't last long aka why DS brought in Apocalypse).
Many people have started separately but nothing was finished 100%

The bounty actually killed co-operation, nobody wanted to share anything / work together after it was offered up.

I also started looking into this, but C&D had a lot more security checks that needed patching. I even tried to get the bootleg code running first (assuming it was patched), but gave up on it a loooong time ago.

I also started looking into this, but C&D had a lot more security checks that needed patching. I even tried to get the bootleg code running first (assuming it was patched), but gave up on it a loooong time ago.
I believe the cracked versions are much better (at least the Q sound side thanks to @Porchy)
Cracking the game is the easy bit for me, just don't have time to learn about the sprite list crap :P

Getting the punisher 100% should be first job , there's enough out there for it.

The problem i have is still NO hardware here for testing actual CPS1.5 titles (it would need a original middle layer)
There's actually a couple of other great hardware that is "ready" but needs sprite list crap also for about half of the games..

I believe the cracked versions are much better (at least the Q sound side thanks to @Porchy)
Cracking the game is the easy bit for me, just don't have time to learn about the sprite list crap :P

Getting the punisher 100% should be first job , there's enough out there for it.

The problem i have is still NO hardware here for testing actual CPS1.5 titles (it would need a original middle layer)
There's actually a couple of other great hardware that is "ready" but needs sprite list crap also for about half of the games..
There's a pretty interesting post here that discusses how the FFAE team went about this:

https://www.patreon.com/posts/final-fight-ae-58077693

In a lot of cases they didn't cut corners. They actually even re-drew gfx to work on different layers. The team there takes their projects seriously.

Back