What's new
after stage 3 where you can't die
That's a pretty big one. Still very cool, but I decided to toss my file without loading it up if it's still that buggy. Still, thanks for the hard work, don't want to sound ungrateful for the efforts. :)
Yeah but with this out there now and more eyes, someone else may be able to patch any remaining protection bugs like that.

For the sprite priority issues we will need to patiently wait on @trap15 to finish his work. :)

Thank you so much for your contribution @neocps1!

Wow thanks neocps1! Guess I have something to play with while I wait for the cps2 multi to come :D

Hope the bugs can be fixed but this is much appreciated

This is great! I will try this out this week!

Appreciate the hard work!

Awesome work, just got to find the time check it out now.

Flashed it to the eproms on my conversion board, seems to be working great. Good job!

Works great on my CPS2 with keywriting setup!
Didn't notice anything different apart from what was reported already, service menu and stuff also works great including stereo sound from the RCA plugs :thumbsup:

Even if the game is maybe slightly sped up from CPS 1.5, it actually feels like an upgrade if anything.
I gave it a quick side by side test this morning to check the speed and see how it ran next to an original board.

Player select screen stayed in sync for as long as I left it
z2aOFPE.jpg

In game stayed perfectly in time too (took a few goes to get my button presses in sync!)
3LgU1mZ.jpg

From what I can tell, speed appears to be identical :thumbsup:

Thanks for doing the side by side @wigsplitta

Would it be possible to wire the controller to both cabs at the same time, i.e. start goes to both cabs, sticks, buttons etc for a 1:1 test ?

That would be an ultimate test :D

I'll be honest.. if a final fight conversion and a cadillacs and dinosaurs conversion appears... not only will i sell off my final fight PCB but i legit may soil myself..

final fight conversion
We've been over and over this... NO CPS1 games because they wouldn't ever have proper sound.
CPS1.5 is only such a good conversion match to CPS2 because they share the Q-sound hardware, but CPS1 is ADPCM (it can't be ported to CPS2).

Strider may be an option with remixed music score from strider2 as that uses qsound and it's sound Rom is decrypted and available. ;)

strider may be an option with remixed music score from strider2
I said "proper" because yes this has also been attempted with SF2HF using the audio from SSF2T.
If you guys want to play something like that, well I guess that's your prerogative but its just not for me.

IMO it ceases to be a conversion and becomes a port, and I don't play ports (I wouldn't be into real arcade hardware IF I did).

Back