What's new
OK I just played through the whole game via the CPS2 multi with my patch and did not experience the invincibility issue at all.

Please give it a try and let me know how it goes for you!

Xdeltas are provided for both the cps2 multi and regular CPS2 use.

For the CPS2 multi, use 'punisher-invincibility-fix-pns.02.xdelta' and patch 'pns.02'.
For regular CPS use, use 'punisher-invincibility-fix.psu.03.xdelta' and patch 'psu.03'.

Use 'xdelta UI' to easily apply the patches - it's available at http://www.romhacking.net/utilities/598/

Again big thanks to @neocps1 for this conversion - it's awesome!

Attachments

• punisher-cps2-invincibility-fix-xdeltas.zip
    864 bytes · Views: 186
Thank you, @neocps1 for your generosity and releasing this :)

@kuze I tried your patch in MAME, with a save state, and it is still making me invincible.
I have a save state at the start of stage 3, where i can still be hurt.
I applied the patch and it seems i can now finally die in stage 3!
Where was this check(s) located, i spent quite some time for this bastard :)

Thank you, @neocps1 for your generosity and releasing this :)

@kuze I tried your patch in MAME, with a save state, and it is still making me invincible.
I have a save state at the start of stage 3, where i can still be hurt.
I applied the patch and it seems i can now finally die in stage 3!
Where was this check(s) located, i spent quite some time for this bastard :)
If you use a save state from before you applied my patch, then it won't work.
The reason for this is MAME will load the previous data from the unpatched file.

I just nop'd the instruction at 17466, which would write '88' to FF8E9F continuously when the protection was triggered.

Let me know if you still experience problems without using an old save state. :D

If you use a save state from before you applied my patch, then it won't work.
The reason for this is MAME will load the previous data from the unpatched file.
Yes, i have figured this out. It's a shame they load the entire program ram/rom state :)
Thank you!

I see this as separate from the bounty. My bounty pledge still stands. but I've sent a small donation to neocps1 as a thank you for releasing this.
Me too! I sent $5 as soon as I read Darksoft's post.

I personally believe that the bounty should be paid out as work gets done to encourage further progress.

Either way, it's kick ass!

Thanks again!

:D

Tested kuze patch on DS multi. didn’t experience any invicibility dring whole game.
great job !
you guys rock !

Not sure what I'm doing wrong but when I try to patch the pns.02 file it give me an error. I tried running xdelta as an administrator too yielding the same results.

Edit: I fixed the issue. I'm dumb haha.

Last edited:
Thanks, restarted feom scratch and didn’t add NAME file and now it works!
Could someone explain how to do the NAME file? My game works but, it appears at the end of the list vs in the P's, and has a weird character. I'm assuming that's due to the name file not being there? Thanks!

Thanks, restarted feom scratch and didn’t add NAME file and now it works!
Could someone explain how to do the NAME file? My game works but, it appears at the end of the list vs in the P's, and has a weird character. I'm assuming that's due to the name file not being there? Thanks!
The multi doesn't use alphabetical name sorting, but the order it was copied on the card via the FAT order.

So either you have to remove everything from the card, and copy all games again so they are copied in alphabetical order, or use an application like 'FAT Sorter'

Ah! Gotcha, thank you. That makes sense. Easy fix. Is there any way to adjust how the display writes "punisher" or is that just set.

Back