What's new
For Sale

Gakman

Professional
Reaction score
Hi.

I've several small items to order in the USA. But I'm in France. And most of the time, US eBay or shop sellers ask a amazing cost for sending each item, or even sometimes don't want to sell outside USA.
Can someone receive my items in the USA, and send them in a single pack? I can do the other way if you have some items in France or Europe.

:)

Last edited:
i'll shoot you a pm, maybe i can help out (assuming you're not shipping cabs or something!)

Interested as well :) I can be your reverse proxy for Holland! Cheese?

Seriously though, I need a key for my Amiga 500 keyboard, there's an eBay seller that has it but he only ships US, so would be cool if someone can help me out.

I can say that shipping to Europe has become very expensive lately. Shipping small 3D printed items from my shop to various points in Europe has typically cost around $24 per package. It wasn't this bad a few years ago, I'm not sure what changed.

I concur with the expense of shipping items from the US to Europe. In fact, any future sales I do I'll have to limit to USA only. I feel guilty with the cost of shipping even though I'm not the one setting the shipping price or paying for it.

@K405 i could help, but with just one item I am not sure if my shipping would be cheaper (especially given you'll have to pay for them to ship it to me, too). At least for @Gakman he's got several items I can box up together

It's a key, from a keyboard, can be sent in a small envelope, surely that doesn't cost $24? Here NL it's the same by the way, shipping costs are getting ridiculous. :(

Oh, actually did a search right now, there's a french eBay seller selling keys :)
@Gakman can you proxy for me :) lol, he's not shipping to NL.

ha, one key? I shot you a pm in case gak can't help

I concur with the expense of shipping items from the US to Europe. In fact, any future sales I do I'll have to limit to USA only. I feel guilty with the cost of shipping even though I'm not the one setting the shipping price or paying for it.
I used to not ship outside the USA because the customs paperwork was an enormous hassle. You'd have to fill out 3 forms, and look up codes, and then stick a big ugly plastic envelope to the front of the box to fit said forms.. Then the clerk at the post counter wouldn't know how to process it (because they never do them) so that takes an extra 15 minutes and they usually end up questioning half the things you put on the forums.

A couple of years ago though the USPS's website started to allow you to do all that automatically. You just punch in the pertinent information and it finds the correct forums and auto-fills them, and generally it will reduce it down to a single label that you can slap on the box. It made it much easier to ship internationally, but now the shipping costs make it not worth it for international buyers. It does suck, and I still offer international shipping for those willing to pay, because paying a lot sucks less than not getting that thing you've been looking for.

It's a shame that the USPS doesn't offer a similar service to Australia where you can buy a prepaid package in 500g (1lb) up to 5kg (10lb)

Comes with all correct paperwork on it you just fill it in, hand it over the counter and it gets sorted from there. Doesn't matter how much stuff is in the package as long as it's below the weight limit

It's also cheaper if you buy them in multiples.

Back