For Sale
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitsurugi-w

Arcade Admini-Moderator
Staff member
Immortal
Reaction score
Ok. Moved this to it's own thread to better gauge interest.

So I talked to Mikonos over at UKVAC about ordering Egret 2 sideart because he can print it using the metallic silver ink instead of just grey like most repros use. He has told me that if I get interest in at least 10 sets of the art he can do a run using the proper ink and perhaps get an upgrade to a UV resistant sealant.

The price he has given me is around 80 Euro (Around $90 USD) each plus shipping.

Let me know in this thread if you are interested and I will add you to the list. Please don't say you will buy it if you are not 100% wiling to pay for the art when it is ready. I'll get the list started with two sets for myself.

INTEREST LIST

@Mitsurugi-w --- 2 sets
@acblunden2 --- 2 sets
@mncmt --- 1 set
@Derick2k --- 2 sets
@kuze --- 1 set
@ekorz --- 1 set
@8bitforlife --- 1 set
@garrz32 --- 1 set

+1 set

Thanks for driving this!

What's the ETA?

And are there any examples of his work using the proper ink to be seen?
I asked about the ETA and I'll let you know as soon as he answers.

He does have a picture of a test print in his thread here:

https://zonaarcade.forumcommunity.net/?t=58515931

He also shows the entire printing process on his site. He seems to be a perfectionist. Link below but you have to register to see it. Interesting stuff.

https://zonaarcade.forumcommunity.net/?t=58178822#entry410440522

Thanks for the links. I'm probably in for two, but I'll confirm my ability when we have at least a slight idea as to the ETA.

I'd love to see someone use something like this for a Virtua Fighter CP repro. It wouldn't completely give the mirrored effect, but it's been a long time coming and there isn't much out there.

@Mitsurugi-w If no one else jumps in to get the 10th one need to go ahead with group order, i'll pick it up, might come in handy if I mess up the installation on a set.

Also, can you ask him if he has any NAC or Super Neo 29 sideart, I would like to buy a set of each if he can print those.

Thank you.

Last edited:
You mean the plexi marquee holder?

Nevermind, I see now.

Hi, Im Mikonos and I´m Zona Arcade´s Webmaster!

I´m restorer of Egret II Side Arts.

Mitsurugi-w told there are interested in some other pices too:

NAC Sideart
Super Neo 29 Sideart
New Net City Sideart
New Net City Marquee

I restored all these pieces and reproduced succesfully. Let´s see:

- About "Astro City Side Arts" : It was needed a green fluorescent ink impossible in digital printing method (plotter), for this reason it was printed in off-set. It will same printing method that egret II Side Art.

Here you can see my digital restoration, I preserve original dot patter):

https://zonaarcade.forumcommunity.net/?t=57798929#entry407453973

- About New Net City Side Arts: It was needed to print over chrome vinyl. I order a extra glossy protective lamination for repro, same with Astro City Side Arts. I like to protect all my printing results with this improvement.

https://zonaarcade.forumcommunity.net/?t=49856566#entry414490882

- About New Net city Marquee: It was needed a chrome details in logo:

https://zonaarcade.forumcommunity.net/?t=58761190#entry415591840

- About Super Neo 29 Sideart, Nobody asked me for now. I like to get original material with his original dot patter. I can restore all.

I have all artwok set scanned from New Net city, even reproduced, it was easy. About Astro City and New Astro City. I have all pieces restored or in way, but not all reproduced for now.

Now, I´m collecting and restore all periphery stickers by SEGA for Astro City, Naomi and other cabs

https://zonaarcade.forumcommunity.net/?t=60281935&st=15#entry437461897

I have more stikers, of course, but, it was a good develop for now.

Some examples:

"Astro City Japan Sticker 421-7937" (SEGA) printed in metallic gray vinyl with gloss protective lamination (photo 2).
Astro%20City%20Japan%20Sticker%20421-7937%20print2.jpg

Reproduction details in "New Net City Side Arts" printed in chrome vinyl with extra gloss protective lamination (photo 2).
New%20Net%20City%20Side%20Arts%20Sorrin%20print2.jpg

"Net City Instruction Space Sheet" (SEGA) repro printed in paper, like original (photo 2).
Net%20City%20Instruction%20Space%20print2a.jpg

"Net Net City Marquee" printed in HQ backlite with real chrome details (photo 2).
New%20Net%20City%20Marquee%20tom%20print2.jpg

"Astro City Key Sticker" (SEGA) printed in metallic gray vinyl with gloss protective lamination (photo 1).
Astro%20City%20Key%20Sticker%20print1.jpg

Arcade artwork "Fork Here Sticker" (SEGA Cabinets) printed in vinyl with gloss protective lamination (photo 1).
Fork%20Here%20Sticker%20print1.jpg

2x "Astro City Side Arts" (SEGA) off-set repros in vinyl with gloss extra protective lamination (photo 2).
Astro%20City%20Side%20Art%20vector%20print2.jpg

"New Net City Control Panel Overlay Perfect Reproduction" printed in chrome vinyl with extra gloss protective lamination and precut (photo 3).
New%20Net%20City%20CPO%20smlhrrs%20print3.jpg

"Complete Japan Warning Sticker" for SEGA Cabinets restored and printed in adhesive paper with gloss lamination (photo 1).
Sega%20Warning%20sticker%20japan%20print1.jpg

"Jamma Sticker" for Astro City and other cabinets printed in vinyl with glossy protective lamination (photo 2).
Jamma%20Sticker%20SEGA%20print2.jpg

"Astro City Power Description Sticker" for SEGA Cabinets printed in metallic gray vinyl with gloss protective lamination (photo 2).
Astro%20City%20Power%20Sticker%20print2.jpg

"Net City Display Card Space" (Marquee) repro printed in backlite HQ (photo 2).
Net%20City%20Marquee%20print2.jpg

Mi mail: midasororey@gmail.com

Last edited:
Hi.

put me down for one set please (egret 2 side art)

Last edited:
Welcome @Mikonos, fantastic artwork there mate, alongside @alberto1225's panels... I reckon full cab restores have a bright future!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back