How many would you preorder/buy?

Votes: 31 24.0%

Votes: 81 62.8%

Votes: 5 3.9%

Votes: 11 8.5%
  • 5+

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters
Thanks for the replies. Think we should get the mister community aware of this project. More sales. Also come up with the boards/adapters needed if we wanna use this on other hardware/games. Will help sales. If you want this to go viral you can hit up smokemonster to write an article or contact bob from retrorgb.

I'm in for 4. I would like 2* 1p populated panels then an additional 2* spinners alone. If no 1p panels are made I'll get the 2p panel pictured above. This number depends on final price of course. I won't leave you hanging if you ordered me four for prices suggested above though. Let's do our best to get prices down!
I had seen the game at the arcades back in the day but never got to try it. Tried it at @cpsystem3 place and fell in love with it, playing it with the spinner is the proper way, feels right. The Capcom spinner to me feels like the better one out of all the spinners I have tried. I had been trying for years to get a cab, but usually either missed out or no one was selling. Nowadays, the PCB and spinners reach $2-3K easy, spinners alone have sold for $500 apiece in poor condition. The more reasonable "forum" price seems to be around $250-300 for beat-up or nonworking ones. So for a true replica, that is brand new I think the price is right. But, as I said, we want to sell these at a much lower price point, I am sure we will get there.

I am waiting to get the test/prototype replica spinner from Hursit. Once I have that, will test it and send it to a few members here, etc... to try out and review, most likely @SmokeMonster , @beast1x5, @RetroRGB if they have time.

I also want these to able to be used with PC/Emulation, Mister, Original Hardware, etc... I hope we can get some members to work on creating adapters for it. Maybe @brizzo would like to make a version spinner adapter board?! At the moment we are concentrating on just getting these made though. I know we will get these made, thanks for the support :thumbsup:

Last edited:
This is a very cool project. I wish I was into Forgotten Worlds that much, or had a cab free that I'd put this in. As it is I think spending $500-600 for a package is probably not really worth it for me, so I'm not adding to the votes. But I hope there are enough fans to make this a reality.
The cool thing is- the factory ones are around $1000+ a pair these days. I've had to buy full panels or nos kits in the past just to get them, so having these things come up is great.

I'd be in for a complete panel. Really interested in the Egret II panel if that happens. Possibly a couple loose as well.

Could you provide pictures and measurements of how deep down it goes from the panel, and also explain how the wiring works on these please. My old man recently made my wife an arcade stick in his woodshop, and seemed a little bummed that I didn’t want one too. I had literally just finished my metal case build, so I had no use for it. Perhaps building a box and panel for this could give him something to do. If I don’t keep up him busy I’ll end up with a coffee table I have no room for like my brother 😅

I’m down for two spinners plus a panel. When you make the list, I’m already in. I still think about the kit I used see in the glass case in the G-Front store in Akiba back around 2012 for 40,000-ish yen. It was a panel with controllers and PCB. I was collecting Neo Geo MVS, so I had no interest in it at that prices…missed opportunity.

BTW… I’m an aircraft machinists/welder. If you need any fabrication advice, let me know.

I’m reading this as you are also reproducing the hs1 style panel?
Not the HS1 Panel, unfortunately.

These are what is being reproed.
2021-06-18_15-36-24-jpg.jpg
2021-06-18_15-37-08-jpg.jpg
2021-06-18_15-51-29-jpg.jpg

We will also offer the repro (unpopulated) Sega-style panels with artwork made by @codecrank if he is ok with it. If not, other artwork will be made.
Egret II-type panels might also be a possibility. *Populated panels might be an option at the time of sale.
2021-06-18_16-03-21-jpg.jpg

The cool thing is- the factory ones are around $1000+ a pair these days. I've had to buy full panels or nos kits in the past just to get them, so having these things come up is great.
For sure, I'm not bitching about the price at all. For a small run of a custom thing it's entirely reasonable. Projects like this aren't cheap. And frankly I have no idea if there's a profit margin built in or not, but if there wasn't I'd say it was deserved and should be. Doing it for the love is fine too, but these projects take a lot of time, and people deserve to get something for their efforts.

My comment on the price was more that I just don't have any specific affection for the game, and all my Sega panel cabs are linked up for fighting games and it's unlikely that I'd take them out of that rotation to run this. So the $500+ is really in novelty land for me.

That said, I can't even remember if I've actually played the original with spinners. Maybe once there's a working prototype it would be worth filming a 'sizzle reel'. Be great for marketing and spreading the word, and maybe even people like me who think they don't care enough will change their mind once watching it all in action.

Hello,
I will take 2 complete spinners.
I would also buy an extra top piece above the cp if they are for sale.

I'll definitely be ordering a pair as soon as they're available - thanks for getting this together

Back