What's new

kazuyajin1080

Student
Reaction score
I am having issues getting my Capcom I/O to work on my Naomi 1 via with the use of the netdimm. I know that the I/O works because I use it on my taito type x2 and able to get the buttons and everything to work properly. The conclusion I have come with is that I know I had to had the usb port replaced because when I originally got it was just haggard to pieces(the top one) . Could the USB port be the main culprit of this whole thing?

Thank you

Attachments

• resized naomi 1.jpg
    resized naomi 1.jpg
    292.5 KB · Views: 39
  • resized naomi 2.jpg
    resized naomi 2.jpg
    265.6 KB · Views: 29
  • resized naomi 3.jpg
    resized naomi 3.jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 26
Your I/O is probably fine. My guess is not enough power, so double check your voltages on the Naomi side. The one photo shows a Sun PSU 6-pin connected and Capcom I/O power 8-pin connected to the Naomi.

How are you powering this setup? If you're using two PSUs make sure the 5V and 3.3V lines on both power supplies are adjusted and stable.

With the Sun PSU I doubt you want to run the power from the Capcom I/O to the Naomi at all. Just use the Sun unit.

With the Sun PSU I doubt you want to run the power from the Capcom I/O to the Naomi at all. Just use the Sun unit.
This.

The Capcom I/O is not able to power the Naomi and NetDimm together.

Run the Sun PSU to the Naomi and only the JVS from the Capcom I/O to the Naomi, make sure the I/O still being powered by the jamma harness though.

Your I/O is probably fine. My guess is not enough power, so double check your voltages on the Naomi side. The one photo shows a Sun PSU 6-pin connected and Capcom I/O power 8-pin connected to the Naomi.

How are you powering this setup? If you're using two PSUs make sure the 5V and 3.3V lines on both power supplies are adjusted and stable.
I am using a supergun and then the Sun power supply. Although when I connect it with both the 6 and 8 pin molex connected the Naomi. I get no video, but when I did it via the one showed in the video I was able to get video. if I had to guess I am not getting enough power. Is there a way to adjust the voltage on the Sun power supply?

This.
The Capcom I/O is not able to power the Naomi and NetDimm together.

Run the Sun PSU to the Naomi and only the JVS from the Capcom I/O to the Naomi, make sure the I/O still being powered by the jamma harness though.
Yeah it is still getting voltage from the jamma harness. it was at 5.01

I believe there are three adjustment pots under the cabling?
Check the label: V.Adj next to the 3 circles...

Back