What's new
Knowing YAJ, it'll go for more than what you could've bought it from the ebay seller.

Get the popcorn out! :D

Wonder if w45050 ran out of parts btw? Dont think I've seen any listing for a while. Hope they restock at some point. More boards for the people.

Wonder if w45050 ran out of parts btw? Dont think I've seen any listing for a while. Hope they restock at some point. More boards for the people.
He has a note in the recent other cave listings to contact him directly in regards to the cv1k-d games.

Im more surprised there arent more scams with these (not that bootlegging isnt a scam in itself ofcourse), surley making the stickers pales in comparison to making the pcb.. these could be very hard to detect in the "right" hands and sell for way more.. ?

I think the dead giveaway is the gold plating on the jamma edge versus chrome.

The different silkscreen, edge connectors and lack of visible ground plane vias make these pretty easy to spot yeah.

Not surprised, honestly. The yen is really weak right now and when you add Yahoo's fees on top of this, dude took a bath.

Should've just kept it TBH.

I also couldnt resist and bought me one of these...
Not via Ebay but the whatsapp shown in his auctions.
Paid like 920Euros express shipped.
As stated by others before,it is really well/factory made,considering solder,parts and overall look.
It is SDOJ btw,the fact that it's not in Mame and the hilarious price of an original made it kinda "reasonable" for me to pay this amount for a repro...but still stupid
20240528_113725.jpg
:D

I also couldnt resist and bought me one of these...
Not via Ebay but the whatsapp shown in his auctions.
Paid like 920Euros express shipped.
As stated by others before,it is really well/factory made,considering solder,parts and overall look.
It is SDOJ btw,the fact that it's not in Mame and the hilarious price of an original made it kinda "reasonable" for me to pay this amount for a repro...but still stupid
20240528_113725.jpg
:D
How reliable are the components chips memory etc?

Would really suck if something was to go wrong

Also curious did the originals have a suicide battery?

If this one doesn't this could very well be better than owning the original

Yep,no suicide battery on cave boards,but the originals had a battery installed that save settings and highscores,i guess(?)

How reliable? Time will tell...but they do look good,no "crappy" looking parts here like on some other typical bootlegs.

That white 14 pin connector in the middle of the board looks pretty wonky installed though. It's not important anyway.

Thats right,these 2 connectors are installed a bit at an angle,but on the photo it looks worse than reality.

Back