What's new

chaoschao

Student
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm currently on the waiting list for the AxunWorks CBOX, and I'm super excited to get it. However, it will probably be many months before it arrives, and I'm thinking about buying a cheaper, alternative CBOX to hold me over in the meantime. My question is; does anyone have experience with these particular Superguns? You can get them from eBay or other small websites it seems. Just curious if they're safe and reliable (good voltages, safe audio/video output, etc. etc.). I'm always weary about buying things like these. Thank you in advance!

1651054744494.png

Update: Probably just gonna wait for the AxunWorks. Did some more research on this and I don't have much faith in it. Thanks again.

Last edited:
I have a couple of them (from TimeHarvest on aliexpress). They're fine as far as they go. Main issue is no 5v adjustment potentiometer. Also, the 12v power brick they come with is junk. Don't use it. It's just 12v center positive in a standard barrel size, should be able to find a better one if you don't have some sitting around already.

The CBOX is worth the wait. I've probably tested a good 20+ different boards on it without issues. My only gripes with the unit have been that the button 1 turbo switch stopped working and the placement for the 5v adjustment is in a very inconvenient spot for something you need to use so frequently.

mine didn't work whatsoever
had saturn controller inputs, no buttons functioned but the dpad;
poor rolling video quality on ALL outputs (not adjustable)
the av and component in particular had a serious lag as well but maybe mine got dropped in shipping or something

i will add that my unit was probably damaged, as S-video displayed only a black screen

^ Please be clear as to what supergun you are using that doesn’t work. The Axunworks doesn’t have component or S-video, but somebody else may be confused. Your comment was right after mine referring to the CBOX, and both superguns feature Saturn inputs, so the mixup could be easy for somebody just casually browsing.

i'll have a photo with timestamp later today after my shift
poached my unit on amazon

(was referring to the OP photo in regards to DOA unit)

I have one of these. The case arrive cracked AND The power supply didn't work on arrival. I use an Xbox 360 psu for all my power needs. It works fine.

mine didn't work whatsoever
had saturn controller inputs, no buttons functioned but the dpad;
poor rolling video quality on ALL outputs (not adjustable)
the av and component in particular had a serious lag as well but maybe mine got dropped in shipping or something
Which Saturn controller did you use?

Which Saturn controller did you use?
ok i tested the retrobit 2.4ghz wireless one on both ports (nothing but directional inputs)
then i tested a wired sega saturn pad (6button sega official) same deal, no inputs but directions

GORE WARNING! (lol)
the plugs are basically the wrong size and poorly cut/sanded so it was a TIGHT fit
my OEM saturn pad is likely destroyed (pictures added)

not sure if its the same box as OP photo,
but i guess it was too good to be true ;(

Attachments

• 111.jpg
    111.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 127
  • 232322.jpg
    232322.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 123
ok i tested the retrobit 2.4ghz wireless one on both ports (nothing but directional inputs)
then i tested a wired sega saturn pad (6button sega official) same deal, no inputs but directions

I have the same CBOX JAMMA Supergun you show (one of four superguns I now seem to have around). I don't often use the Saturn controller ports, but when I do I've had no issues. The exception to this being the Retrobit wireless controller. I think it's not getting enough power from the ports to work correctly. But the fit and finish has been fine. But... as weird as it sounds there are knock-offs of these out there on aliexpress. Or it could be that the quality has dropped... mine's from 2018, was one of the first pieces of arcade gear I picked up.

IMG_1188.jpgIMG_1189.jpg

I have the same CBOX JAMMA Supergun you show (one of four superguns I now seem to have around). I don't often use the Saturn controller ports, but when I do I've had no issues. The exception to this being the Retrobit wireless controller. I think it's not getting enough power from the ports to work correctly. But the fit and finish has been fine. But... as weird as it sounds there are knock-offs of these out there on aliexpress. Or it could be that the quality has dropped... mine's from 2018, was one of the first pieces of arcade gear I picked up.

IMG_1188.jpgIMG_1189.jpg
i see your internals that process the video seem to be different as well
over AV on mine there is a noticable delay when pressing inputs
and s-video is literally unusable no matter what board i use

sell me yours lol

GORE WARNING! (lol)
the plugs are basically the wrong size and poorly cut/sanded so it was a TIGHT fit
my OEM saturn pad is likely destroyed (pictures added)

not sure if its the same box as OP photo,
but i guess it was too good to be true ;(
I find that odd because the retrobit controllers usually don't work with any of the Chinese Superguns but the real Sega controllers do.

The HAS pre-order will be open on Sunday, it's the best SuperGun you can buy right now, IMO.
HAS supergun seems really excellent. From the looks of it, I'm assuming it's similar to the Minigun? I've used one of those before and it was quite nice.

Last edited:
Back