What's new
Was using my cbox today and button 4 stopped working. The led doesn't light up anymore. I am not sure if it's the pcb or something inside the main unit. I tried both my stick and snnk controller same issue. I don't even know if this is fixable. When I do the control adjustment, the led's light up to the corresponding input but when it gets to 4 it doesn't light up but I can still press a button for it to move on. Any ideas?

Was using my cbox today and button 4 stopped working. The led doesn't light up anymore. I am not sure if it's the pcb or something inside the main unit. I tried both my stick and snnk controller same issue. I don't even know if this is fixable. When I do the control adjustment, the led's light up to the corresponding input but when it gets to 4 it doesn't light up but I can still press a button for it to move on. Any ideas?

Have you tried it in player 2 input ports?

Have you tried it in player 2 input ports?
When I plug both my controllers in P2, all inputs work. But P1 just button 4 doesn't work. So I am unsure if it's the green pcb issue or internal but it is annoying. I reassigned all of the buttons on P1 to one button only so when I press that button, all the lights come on except led 4.

When I plug both my controllers in P2, all inputs work. But P1 just button 4 doesn't work. So I am unsure if it's the green pcb issue or internal but it is annoying. I reassigned all of the buttons on P1 to one button only so when I press that button, all the lights come on except led 4.
Got pictures of the setup? There are a bunch of different makes and models of these at this point...

Attachments

• IMG_0463.jpeg
    IMG_0463.jpeg
    139.7 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_0472.jpeg
    IMG_0472.jpeg
    199.1 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_2048.jpeg
    IMG_2048.jpeg
    154.2 KB · Views: 61
Got pictures of the setup? There are a bunch of different makes and models of these at this point...
The third pic is the issue where button 4 doesn't turn on. Then the other 2 are of my supergun that I run.

The third pic is the issue where button 4 doesn't turn on. Then the other 2 are of my supergun that I run.

Gotcha, so it has one of the remap chips built in. Have you tried resetting the mapping? I have a similar board (jamma extension rather than supergun) that got stuck in a bad configuration, was a PITA to reset. The newer ones like yours at least have a button to press to trigger the setup rather than a key combination. But you'd still need to figure out the correct process...

This looks like it: https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804511631616.html

But the setup instructions don't make a lot of sense (think they're out dated and more applicable to the one I have)...

Button Setting:
(Start button + coin button + up)
Set display light (up, down, left and right 123456) in sequence. If there are no 6 keys after key setting, wait for the light to go out and save automatically

Burst settings:
(Start key+123.. your desired key) Operate again to close.

Key Combination Setting:
(start key + left) 5 keys = 1 + 2
6 keys=3+4

(start key + right)
5 keys=1+2+3, 6 keys=2+3

I think this is what you're supposed to do with the newer boards...

Key setting: press the SET button to start, press the display light on the jamma board to set, the setting sequence is 123456, up and down, left and right, when the display is on, press the button you want to set, if the setting stops for 5 seconds, the setting is automatically saved .

Gotcha, so it has one of the remap chips built in. Have you tried resetting the mapping? I have a similar board (jamma extension rather than supergun) that got stuck in a bad configuration, was a PITA to reset. The newer ones like yours at least have a button to press to trigger the setup rather than a key combination. But you'd still need to figure out the correct process...

This looks like it: https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804511631616.html

But the setup instructions don't make a lot of sense (think they're out dated and more applicable to the one I have)...

I think this is what you're supposed to do with the newer boards...
If you mean pressing the black button to remap the buttons, yes I have. When it goes to remap the buttons in sequence, button 4 doesn’t light up. But I can press a button to skip it and the button 5 lights up.

If you mean pressing the black button to remap the buttons, yes I have. When it goes to remap the buttons in sequence, button 4 doesn’t light up. But I can press a button to skip it and the button 5 lights up.
Dang, was hoping that was it. Next step would be to figure out where the signal is being lost.If I had it in front of me, I could swap out some parts. But lamentably I have no idea what the pin out is of the cable that connects to these boards.

Also, the 12v power brick they come with is junk. Don't use it. It's just 12v center positive in a standard barrel size, should be able to find a better one if you don't have some sitting around already.
Do you have any recommendations?

Does it is usual that on connector 5 i don't get the -5 V ?

Attachments

• IMG_20230409_172435_295.jpg
    IMG_20230409_172435_295.jpg
    224 KB · Views: 39
I have +5 and +12 on others connectors

Attachments

• IMG_20230409_172452_845.jpg
    IMG_20230409_172452_845.jpg
    220.1 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_20230409_172444_756.jpg
    IMG_20230409_172444_756.jpg
    211.4 KB · Views: 35
Does Cps2 need that

Nope. The few boards that do, will more often than not use it for the audio amplifier. I have some JNX adapter boards (ELF and MVS to JAMMA) with a negatron should I ever need it, but so far I've not had to use it.

Nope. The few boards that do, will more often than not use it for the audio amplifier. I have some JNX adapter boards (ELF and MVS to JAMMA) with a negatron should I ever need it, but so far I've not had to use it.
ok , i order a new megadrive 2 harness with Scart to test it

Back