What's new

TobyRieper

Student
Reaction score
Hey folks this is my CPS System 1 board running Final Fight Japan. Which ROMS do I have to change so I can play the world or USA version? Thanks so much, I can't find any info online. I have an eprom eraser and chip burner and all the files.. I just want to play in English.

Attachments

• 20230721_142316.jpg
    20230721_142316.jpg
    257.8 KB · Views: 70
OK, found a similar thread on here. so looks like I change ROMS 22 and 23?

Sorry so I don't need to swap the gfx roms? Thanks for finding my board.

I have no idea. My suggestion is

Install Mame
Extract ffightjh.zip under the rom directory
Replace the two program roms with decrypted English versions

See what happens?

Awesome, yeah I'll probably have to do that have a mess about. I could always convert the board to just final fight world.

Hello,

You need to change Gfx and Prg for playing in english.

Hi, which sockets are those on a this b board? It's revision 91634b-2. I swapped ff43.bin with ffe_43.12h in mame and it plays in English:)

In mame it says ff43 belongs on socket 36 sockets but I only have 31 sockets. I guess because this board uses bigger chips. I'm.trying to find a diagram which tells me what sockets what.

ganji are in gfx code for ffightj , scriptures in english are in gfx rom for ffight.
just change ff43.....you have not bug ? Strange...

Look CRC for gfx it's not the same ;)
Don't change 22 is good.
Take the 23 prg and change the gfx.

Attachments

• ffight.png
    ffight.png
    282.9 KB · Views: 48
  • ffightj.png
    ffightj.png
    293.8 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
His is a bootleg board (ffightjh), not an original one. Quoting the Mame driver:

There is no ROM check at the start and no logo Capcom (instead a chinese logo... maybe the bootleggers logo). Even if it's a JAP Board, the game intro is in english.

That's why, the best is to come back to "original set" , he have eraser, programmer, rom 23,mame.....what else :D

Look CRC for gfx it's not the same ;)
Don't change 22 is good.
Take the 23 prg and change the gfx.
Thank you, all done. Leg broke of the M2C74002 so I just found another chip, flashed it and it works perfectly. I learnt using FBNeo really helps in these situations. I got another few boards in japanese to change eeproms on.

Back