What's new
Hello is there a version that runs on type 3 hardware?
All you need to do is change the byte, this works for both Crazy Taxi and HOTD
Code:
CTHR: 0x1502E: 0x00 -> 0x01
HOTD: 0x2102E: 0x00 -> 0x01
You need a Hex Editor like HxD available at https://mh-nexus.de/en/hxd/

Then open the file, go to that offset indicated and change the 00 for a 01. Save and load into Chihiro.

I'm trying to do this and am a bit confused also as it's been forever since I've used HxD. I'm not clear on which Offset line relates to "0x1502E" for the Crazy Taxi fix and trying to find "1502" in a search doesn't turn up any results. Would it be possible to get a bit more direction on where the lines are that need to be changed? Thanks. ?(

Attachments

• hxd.jpg
    hxd.jpg
    874.9 KB · Views: 67
I'm trying to do this and am a bit confused also as it's been forever since I've used HxD. I'm not clear on which Offset line relates to "0x1502E" for the Crazy Taxi fix and trying to find "1502" in a search doesn't turn up any results. Would it be possible to get a bit more direction on where the lines are that need to be changed? Thanks.
IT's 1502E, not 1502. And that is not a sequence that you need to find. It's an OFFSET as @skate323k137 very well said.

use blue coordinates in your screenshot as a map. Scroll up to 00001502 and look over to column E. If it reads 00 change it to 01.
Okay, that's starting to jog my memory.
I only see an offset lines for for "00001500" and "00001510," though.
Do I have my view HxD settings correct? (Screen cap below.)

Attachments

• hxd_ct.jpg
    hxd_ct.jpg
    842.7 KB · Views: 59
I believe I'm on the latest official firmware.

I netboot.

All driving games I have available for the system boot and work consistently when I get 5v dialed in. If 5v is too high or low, games will often reset once they get to attract mode, but sometimes in-game (I've had it happen on OR2SP).

Games include: OR2SP, WMMT 1 and 2, and the former CTHR release with buggy attract mode.

I currently have my system in 512MB mode.
It's designed to work with CF/SSD. I all ask @Mitsurugi-w if he can confirm if it works well for him both in SSD and netboot.
Hello which SSD and how do I get the image on an SSD?

I have the problem that the attract mode is not displayed correctly or does it work with SSD boot?

ed this in my OR2 cab and it works but I can't seem to start the game, I guess the start button is wired different on the jvs connector in CTHR?

ed this in my OR2 cab and it works but I can't seem to start the game, I guess the start button is wired different on the jvs connector in CTHR?
P1 start is standard on the JVS connector, and I believe CTHR uses it. As far as I recall, the main issue is the shifter is wired differently and it uses a jump button that's not wired on the control panel for OR2.

Im sure it wouldn't let me go into the test menu I thought it was something to do with the hack. OR2 seems to work ok and wangan if I turn ffb and card reader off. Saying that you start wangan with the accelerator and although the view change flashes on that it doesn't work when you press the button.

Back