What's new
I think that is the largest size a FAT16 filesystem can handle - and anything above 512M is wasted anyways....

Reactions: rtw
If you image a larger cf card with the image of a smaller one, it will also show the smaller partition and will have some free unused space.
As long as you only reformat afterwards, it will again appear as the smaller card. (The unpartitionned space doesn't show up in windows.)
This makes it possible to use a bigger size card like a 4G one. It's a waste of space, but if you happen to have such lying around.

I am just unsure if gcfi checks the size of the card and might refuse to create the files directly on such card.

gcfi checks the volume size not the physical size so that trick will work!

@rtw are the gcfi commands/switches listed anywhere?

if I am using for Chihiro -p is not needed?

@rtw gcfi: command error, not allowed to modify master drive: 0

I am on Windows 7 Home Premium, using a user account with administrator rights?

You have to specify the drive where the CF card is, it looks like you are specifying you master boot drive which is not a good idea.

Can you paste your command line here ?

For some reason my Startech PCI-E to IDE card insists on making the CF card Disk 0.

gcfi -r -p -s 0x3232 -d f:\ -l ABC.BIN -g OR2SP.bin

Last edited:
Interesting, can you run the command: listphys which is included in the gcfi archive ?

And then paste the results here ?

edit:
And please run ataid -p 0 as well :D

Interesting, can you run the command: listphys which is included in the gcfi archive ?

And then paste the results here ?

edit:
And please run ataid -p 0 as well :D

Attachments

• IMG_1007.jpeg
    IMG_1007.jpeg
    341.9 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_1008.jpeg
    IMG_1008.jpeg
    177.8 KB · Views: 112
Back