What's new
Hey guys, I wanted to tell a short story and make an announcement about future JAMMAizer production.

This past week I finally decided to dig into the library of Atomiswave to Dreamcast conversions using my personal Console JAMMAizer with in my New Net City. I had a blast playing through Dolphin Blue and decided to try out Metal Slug 6. Frustratingly the default button map for those two games do not match one another despite being designed for the same hardware and converted by the same person. The fact that I had to reprogram my controls for both players every time I switched games really started to get on my nerves, so I decided to open up my R.M.A.F. firmware and port it over to the ATMEGA16 that the original button remapping code written by RGB used. Porting the R.M.A.F. firmware allowed me to add support for 6 independent switchable profiles per player and I was able to implement the vertical sync locked autofire capability that RGB's original remapping had which the R.M.A.F. does not have.

I have been testing it out for a few days and I have to say, it is a huge quality of life improvement. I have decided that all future JAMMAizers will now ship with this new remapping chip, and that the original remapping chip the RGB designed will be retired.

The new chip functions exactly the same as the old one, so all of the user interfacing will be exactly the same except for the new profile selection mode.

Instructions on profile selection:
In order to select a profile you must hold one of the following button combinations for 3 seconds.
  • Profile #1 = Start + B1 + B2 + B3
  • Profile #2 = Start + B2 + B3 + B4
  • Profile #3 = Start + B3 + B4 + B5
  • Profile #4 = Start + B4 + B5 + B6
  • Profile #5 = Start + B5 + B6 + B1
  • Profile #6 = Start + B6 + B1 + B2
Each player can select a profile independently and each profile can be programmed independently for each player. Once you are in a profile you can edit the remapping and auto fire settings just like you normally would, and they will be retained in that profile.

People who have the existing Console JAMMAizer with remapping chip.
If you already have a Console JAMMAizer with the original remapping chip you have the option to flash the new firmware onto your existing chip.

Update Instructions:

In order to update your Console JAMMAizer's remapping chip you need a couple of tools.
  1. A USBASP AVR programmer such as this one.
  2. AVRDUDE or for a more convenient GUI AVRDUDESS.
  3. Dupont wires to connect the USBASP to the pins of the ATMEGA16 such as these.
  4. The new firmware HEX from my Github repository.
Everyone should have an ATMEGA16, but check your chip to make sure. There is also a HEX for ATMEGA164 chips which may be used as well.

Solder your dupont wires to the legs of the ATMEGA16 and connect them to the USBASP according to the following images
IMG_20210215_153613.jpg

L_hki4AHdyIpTr-DvUHggR1UaYwUh4oZlwZpr5Zh3tTqsENDcc.gif

Plug your Console JAMMAizer into a power source, either an arcade cabinet or a Supergun and power it on, then plug your USBASP into your computer.

DO NOT PLUG YOUR USBASP INTO A COMPUTER WITH THE CONSOLE JAMMAIZER POWERED OFF. THE JAMMAIZER'S PSU LOAD RESISTOR COULD POTENTIALLY DAMAGE YOUR USB PORT IF YOU PLUG IT IN UNPOWERED.

Using AVRDUDESS load up your HEX file, select your programmer, and set your fuses.
Console JAMMAizer Reprogram.jpg

For your fuses you want to set the Low Byte to 0xC4 and the High Byte to 0xD5

Hit program and watch the magic happen. Once the chip is done programming and verifies, you are fully updated and you can now disconnect your USBASP and the programming wires and use your JAMMAizer as normal.

If anyone has any questions, please let me know, I probably have an answer!

I have been trying to get the latest FW running on an ATmega16A with no success (using the atmega16 version of the hex file on Github repo). The flashing part looks to be working fine. I am using a USBASP clone with AVRDUDESS, the is no issue detecting the chip (1E9403) and flashing the hex file and setting the fuses. Verification of the flash is also OK. Either manually selecting "Intel Hex" format, or auto, results in flashing as "Intel Hex".

Once I start the Jammaizer the 1P and 2P LEDs will shortly flash at power on, then intermittently flash. If I hold Start+A+B+C for a couple of seconds, the corresponding player LED goes off, then Start+2 buttons, the LED is solid ON, seems like it is in remap mode. From there, button inputs make the LEDs flash as expected, but pressing Start does nothing, so I am never able to exit remapping mode, even though the Start button seems to be registering to enter the remapping mode in the first place...

I am using a Minigun supergun to do my testing/debugging, and so far, I can only get it to work like I describe it with a NeoGeo CD DB15 stick. If I use a Saturn to NEO adapter, inputs are not being registered, the LEDs just keep flashing intermittently. Same thing if I use a panel directly wired to DB15, the inputs don't seem to register at all.

Is there anything I am doing wrong here? I'm running out of intuitions! Maybe trying the 164p version on a different chip?

I’m also having the same issue using the latest FW . I’m running the jammaizer on my sega blast city .
Tested with a Mc Cthulhu board with both my sega saturn and sega dreamcast . Button 1 to 6 and start aren’t working .
I can get to the button remap mode but nothing then works

any thoughts ?
Thx 🙏

I have been trying to get the latest FW running on an ATmega16A with no success (using the atmega16 version of the hex file on Github repo). The flashing part looks to be working fine. I am using a USBASP clone with AVRDUDESS, the is no issue detecting the chip (1E9403) and flashing the hex file and setting the fuses. Verification of the flash is also OK. Either manually selecting "Intel Hex" format, or auto, results in flashing as "Intel Hex".

Once I start the Jammaizer the 1P and 2P LEDs will shortly flash at power on, then intermittently flash. If I hold Start+A+B+C for a couple of seconds, the corresponding player LED goes off, then Start+2 buttons, the LED is solid ON, seems like it is in remap mode. From there, button inputs make the LEDs flash as expected, but pressing Start does nothing, so I am never able to exit remapping mode, even though the Start button seems to be registering to enter the remapping mode in the first place...

I am using a Minigun supergun to do my testing/debugging, and so far, I can only get it to work like I describe it with a NeoGeo CD DB15 stick. If I use a Saturn to NEO adapter, inputs are not being registered, the LEDs just keep flashing intermittently. Same thing if I use a panel directly wired to DB15, the inputs don't seem to register at all.

Is there anything I am doing wrong here? I'm running out of intuitions! Maybe trying the 164p version on a different chip?

@Arthrimus any thoughts?

also having the same issue using the latest FW . I’m running the jammaizer on my sega blast city .
Tested with a Mc Cthulhu board with both my sega saturn and sega dreamcast . Button 1 to 6 and start aren’t working .
I can get to the button remap mode but nothing then works
JP6 needed to be bridged when using the remapping chip. This info could be usefull for someboby in the future.

Is there a good write-up somewhere on how exactly the remapping works for consoles? I watched the video a few times, but I'm still a little lost on how exactly this works. Like in the video, arth says something along the lines of "the total number of taps corresponds to the numbered button on the controller", but I don't really understand how to translate that exactly.

Just for example, If I hook up something like my CPS2, I can go into test mode and see that I've got all of the buttons in their correct orders, 1-6, but then if I hook up something like the megadrive, nothing but start works "out-of-the-box" with something like the brook adapters? Then if I go into the remapper, Ihave to click button 1 (p1, light punch, etc) 5 times to tell the Jammaizer that's the A button on the megadrive ?( I'm just kind of at a loss on how all of my buttons are registered in the right order as far as arcade games go, but system like the genesis or the saturn are in a bit of a crazy order for me. What's the best way to quickly understand the "default mapping numbers"?

Has anyone been in touch with Arithmus, the maker of the Jammaizer, lately?

I'd sent him my Jammaizer to troubleshoot sometime back and then I've not heard from him these past six weeks after initial response. Hopefully all is going well for him.

I found, no mention in jammazier manual but on HAS's manual wrote:
You can consider this a full device reset. It will erase layouts for both Player 1 and 2. To do the reset, press and hold down both Player 1 and Player 2 START buttons on the supergun start up.
I use a 6 in 1 JAMMA for change game I must....press during 3 sec both Player 1 and 2, so I will reprogram a combo for change.

EDIT: Resolved. Wrong USB port on Mister

I went to connect my Mister to my cute using the Jammaizer with the Brooks universal fighting board.

I connected the USB from the Brook Universal 4-1 to the Mister's USB and none of the controllers are working on the Cute

I've been spoiled by the Brooks Retro as I just plug the Ethernet cord with the male controller plug into my console and it just "works"

Can someone suggest a way to output controls from Mister into the BUFB?

4614947-B-9-B09-4201-BB9-A-9-D535-B06-F645.jpg

6044-BE5-A-499-D-47-CA-A5-FC-83-B279-E30407.jpg

D61-C6-E1-B-4-DA3-4-EB0-BC36-3730-BEDA7742.jpg

Last edited:
I went to connect my Mister to my cute using the Jammaizer with the Brooks universal fighting board.

I connected the USB from the Brook Universal 4-1 to the Mister's USB and none of the controllers are working on the Cute

I've been spoiled by the Brooks Retro as I just plug the Ethernet cord with the male controller plug into my console and it just "works"

Can someone suggest a way to output controls from Mister into the BUFB?

4614947-B-9-B09-4201-BB9-A-9-D535-B06-F645.jpg

6044-BE5-A-499-D-47-CA-A5-FC-83-B279-E30407.jpg

D61-C6-E1-B-4-DA3-4-EB0-BC36-3730-BEDA7742.jpg
Maybe the Brook UFB is set to an incompatible mode? I previously had my Mister/Jammaizer setup working with the McCthulu adapters with rj45 to usb cables (PS3 mode?).

Also, try plugging a keyboard into the mister while connected to the Jammaizer and re-configure the gamepad in Mister.

Maybe the Brook UFB is set to an incompatible mode? I previously had my Mister/Jammaizer setup working with the McCthulu adapters with rj45 to usb cables (PS3 mode?).
{EDIT: Resolved the coin mech button. all I had to do was hit the coin spring and it registered as a button. Go into Mister and map each arcade core to coin mech button and save settings.

I'm DoDonPachi Ready to take peoples money.. }

I had it plugged into the wrong USB on the Mister...

It works great now.

What I REALLY want to know now is how do I register my coin mech into the mister so I can start dropping in 100 Yen?

Last edited:
{EDIT: Resolved the coin mech button. all I had to do was hit the coin spring and it registered as a button. Go into Mister and map each arcade core to coin mech button and save settings.

I'm DoDonPachi Ready to take peoples money.. }

I had it plugged into the wrong USB on the Mister...

It works great now.

What I REALLY want to know now is how do I register my coin mech into the mister so I can start dropping in 100 Yen?
You should be able to just register it as a button. Start a core, open the menu, assign buttons, and when it comes up with the coin button drop in a coin or manually activate the switch.

Wow the Jammaizer looks awesome
I have a PAL wii i would like to hookup for some T vs C
My wii has the gamecube ports on it
I also have a Saturn and Dreamcast
Is it possible to get the wii running on the Jammaizer so I can plug it into my jamma cab

What all would I need besides the Jammaizer to get the job done?
Thanks

Wow the Jammaizer looks awesome
I have a PAL wii i would like to hookup for some T vs C
My wii has the gamecube ports on it
I also have a Saturn and Dreamcast
Is it possible to get the wii running on the Jammaizer so I can plug it into my jamma cab

What all would I need besides the Jammaizer to get the job done?
Thanks
This can absolutely be done. I currently have the wii, Dreamcast, consolized neo geo, nes and mister running through my jammaizer (vga hat installed). Pieces required for arcade controls would be brook retro board, console specific rj45 cable to plug into retro board. For video I use a tink5x scaler with the stock wii composite video cable going in and a hdmi to vga adapter to plug into the the jammaizer vga hat. Auido plugs into the vga hat. Depending on your cab monitor you may want to use the 240p downscaled feature of the tink5x.

Back