What's new
Hello all,
Took my a while to find a forum of people that might be able to assist. I bought Crazy Taxi sit down cabinet. Worked when I picked it up, and it worked last night. We switched out the CART to test jumbo safari and it worked fine. Put Crazy Taxi CART back in and it just sits on the "loading crazy taxi 31k" screen. All the RAM/ROM test good no burn marks on the Cart either. Any thoughts?

Hello all,
Took my a while to find a forum of people that might be able to assist. I bought Crazy Taxi sit down cabinet. Worked when I picked it up, and it worked last night. We switched out the CART to test jumbo safari and it worked fine. Put Crazy Taxi CART back in and it just sits on the "loading crazy taxi 31k" screen. All the RAM/ROM test good no burn marks on the Cart either. Any thoughts?
Are you able to program M27C322? If so try burning this cracked IC22, https://mega.nz/#!spY1zATB!aifFEpPBLRZ_NpC08aQsb4QLBmK-rGbZD_-NfKiEyN0

I remember having issues like this when I made a cart conversion for someone's cab on here, it might be related to w/e copy protection is on the cart failing.

Hey sorry, need a bit more spoonfeeding. I made a Akatsuki Blitzkampf cart for a friend using the netboot bin and everything was working fine, except I didn't test game test mode itself, and it seems to not work. I assume this is all pointing at IC22, which did look a little weird but still booted the game so I didn't think to check. What would I have to do to modify the IC22 to get test mode working, just so I can fix this for any future conversions as well.

I found some plain text stuff which seems to be test mode. Does this mean it'needs more than just a IC22 hack?
fYQKkCe.png

Last edited:
@MetalliC gonna have to bother you again for this one, is it possible to get game test mode working from a 171-8346C cart game (Akatsuki Blitzkampf Ausf. Achse) converted to a 171-7919A cart. The game itself seems to work perfectly, I just can't figure out how to get game test mode working, it seems like it's on the the second 4MB chunk of what becomes IC0 when seperating. So I'm not sure how to transplant it over to the first 4MB chunk for IC22. I'll definitely send over a DU donation as well since it's overdue, you've always been helpful with naomi conversion stuff.

basically to convert ANY GD game decrypted binary to cartridge roms you have to:
- split big game BIN into 8MB chunks and name them IC0.BIN, IC1.BIN, IC2.BIN and so on
- split IC0.BIN into 4MB chunks and name them IC22.BIN and Leftover.BIN
- check if Leftover.BIN empty / constant filled, (*) if its not - there will be needed advanced game modification, and this is above of your skills.
- program IC22, IC1, IC2 etc to ROM ICs and solder them to respective ROM board locations.

that's all.
Any 171-7919A board.

There's a list of them here members.iinet.net.au/~lantra9j…urudumps/naomi/index.html
if you're looking for the proms this guy sells them extremely cheap. $7~ for 10. Everyone else does 5 for $15.

These are salavaged proms though, so you will have to erase them which adds some time when programming them.

aliexpress.com/item/10PCS-MX26L6420MC-90/32600492145.html
I have a couple cheap, spare 171-7919A carts and I ordered some of the MX26L6420s to try out a couple of conversions.

I think the 3 posts above have pretty much all of the information necessary to do this correct?

Just for clarification, there's no other modification needed to decrypted game bin or the cart to help disable protection? Assuming the game works on net-boot (with some exceptions) it should be able to just split the files as @MetalliC described installed with a voltage regulator and that's it? Does this mean that the decrypted data simply bypasses the protection on the cart on it's own?

Also considering 21x 8MB ROMs + IC22 this cart should be able to handle any game with a bin file 178MB or less in size, no?

Just for clarification, there's no other modification needed to decrypted game bin or the cart to help disable protection?
yes. original GD-ROM games doesn't have any protections besides whole game binary DES encryption, and cartridge games modified for net-boot have already cracked protection.

Recently I was converting a VF4FT cart, using "Asian Dynamite / Dynamite Deka EX" as a donor.
I split the CF boot rom "VirtuaFighter4FinalTuned_verb.bin" in to 3*64MB+48MB and burn into the 512Mb flash on the cart.
Is there a way to reprogram those flash ROMs without removing them?

it looks like the Initial D games, the Guilty Gear XX games, Senko no Rhonde games, VF4FT and Border Down are all too big for the normal donor cart and would require one of the larger Flash ROM carts.

Recently I was converting a VF4FT cart, using "Asian Dynamite / Dynamite Deka EX" as a donor.
I split the CF boot rom "VirtuaFighter4FinalTuned_verb.bin" in to 3*64MB+48MB and burn into the 512Mb flash on the cart.
it looks like the Initial D games, the Guilty Gear XX games, Senko no Rhonde games, VF4FT and Border Down are all too big for the normal donor cart and would require one of the larger Flash ROM carts.
Sorry, I missed your reply.
I just removed the Flash,reprogrammed them and soldered them back.....no better way.
The ROM board 171-8346C has 8 Flash ROM positions, it can hold up to 512MB (512Mb x 8) rom data. If the rom size is larger than 200MB, 171-8346C is the best choice.

not in public. as I've heard Joerg uses such tool, but its very slow - takes a day or more to reprogram single cart.

The ROM board 171-8346C has 8 Flash ROM positions, it can hold up to 512MB (512Mb x rom data. If the rom size is larger than 200MB, 171-8346C is the best choice.
is this was tried at practice ?
as I know 171-8346 aka "M4" ROM boards require special init/reset sequence, normally both BIOS and then game code does this, but I'm not sure if it will work OK if game does not (I.e. there was flashed some game which is not sourced from M4-type cart)...

not in public. as I've heard Joerg uses such tool, but its very slow - takes a day or more to reprogram single cart.

The ROM board 171-8346C has 8 Flash ROM positions, it can hold up to 512MB (512Mb x rom data. If the rom size is larger than 200MB, 171-8346C is the best choice.
is this was tried at practice ?as I know 171-8346 aka "M4" ROM boards require special init/reset sequence, normally both BIOS and then game code does this, but I'm not sure if it will work OK if game does not (I.e. there was flashed some game which is not sourced from M4-type cart)...
Yes, of course!
I did a VF4FT conversion on 171-8346, and you told me how to modify an IC22 file to make it work! :D
I've also seen a IKARUGA conversion using this cart.

I had some time today and started looking at what games could potentially be converted and which ones could not. I noticed a number of games (Azumanga, Shikigami no Shiro 2, Trigger Heart Exelica, Trizeal, Cleopatra, and others) have a non-blank leftover.bin but they have a header similar to ic22.bin I wonder if maybe the second half of ic0.bin is used for one region while the first half is used for another? I'm curious if they're able to be converted to cart without patching, just maybe losing the ability to boot into certain regions.

Anyone here have a template or even a really good scan of a Cart label?

I'm transporting my HOTD2 setup into normal case/cart housing and would like to have a proper label for the cart.

Does anyone here make these conversions? I don't want to visit you-know-who's website because people say he hoards information.

I'd be more than happy to pay for the service to have CvS2 in cartridge form.

I would be interested in an f355 challenge 2 rom board since they are so hard to find.

Does anyone here make these conversions? I don't want to visit you-know-who's website because people say he hoards information.

I'd be more than happy to pay for the service to have CvS2 in cartridge form.
@pzlate can do this. PM him. I don't know how active he has been as of late however.

On a side note, what Windows program would you guys use to split the game bin into equal chunks?

what Windows program would you guys use to split the game bin into equal chunks?
I just wrote myself a little python program to do it for me... I haven't actually done a conversion yet so the output of this thing is "untested" but it appears to properly split the files.

to run it you'll need python installed on your PC and then you can just drag and drop your NAOMI bin file onto the 3_split.bat file to perform the split. it's setup for a 171-7919A cart and will tell you if it's too big, but there are also some config options in the python file if you'd like to change the parameters for a different style cart.

Attachments

• naomi_cart_split.zip
    918 bytes · Views: 77
Back