What's new
Does anyone here make these conversions? I don't want to visit you-know-who's website because people say he hoards information.

I'd be more than happy to pay for the service to have CvS2 in cartridge form.
@pzlate can do this. PM him. I don't know how active he has been as of late however.
On a side note, what Windows program would you guys use to split the game bin into equal chunks?
None, just use your eprom writer software and specify an offset. write-up here:
https://www.arcade-projects.com/forums/index.php?threads/naomi-cart-repair-to-ikaruga.3998/

Almost 3 years after I started this thread, I have a better understanding of this stuff. I saw your separate write up when you posted it. Greek to me then. Now makes more sense. Thanks @invzim!

Does anyone here make these conversions? I don't want to visit you-know-who's website because people say he hoards information.

I'd be more than happy to pay for the service to have CvS2 in cartridge form.
I don't know the background or story on you know who but he converted 6 carts for me.. he got the job done. Some people are highly skills and choosing to protect their craft is not necessarily a bad thing.. look at it as a service being provided that no one on the market is currently providing..reach out to him and get it done them move on..

Big globs of glue and sloppy soldering, then blaming it on the end user when his conversions die and refusing to fix them is my experience with AMB. Not worth the hassle.

Someone will end up having to fix it down the line anyway. Get it done right the first time.

I see thanks for the clarification.. I have to open one of mine and provide pics and see.. the end result is that some else need to provide that service for the community.

I see thanks for the clarification.. I have to open one of mine and provide pics and see.. the end result is that some else need to provide that service for the community.
Please do, I’m curious if old habits die hard.

I emailed that guy a couple of times, no response, so I gave up. I hope someone else with good reputation can do it for me.

How the hell do your guys program MX26L6420? I've tryed, finally, some converts, and none of mine programmer actually support this eprom.
Can you just re-use/re-write the ones placed on the rom board? If yes, how?

Not all programmers have an adapter for those chips, but many do. If you can't buy it for your programmer, you'll need to make your own adapter from MX26L6420 to 28FEW032 or similar.

https://docs-emea.rs-online.com/webdocs/04ee/0900766b804eeb92.pdf
I have fhe adapters, but none of my programmers actually have 26L6420 as a supported eprom (most sop44 got stuck till 26l800)... also, this is 8MB x 8bit and the one you posted is 4MBx8... don't get that

Pics of the converted GD-ROM to Cart..a main bios chip for the carts were included..

Attachments

• image2.JPG
    image2.JPG
    388.8 KB · Views: 141
  • image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    450.2 KB · Views: 169
Not all programmers have an adapter for those chips, but many do. If you can't buy it for your programmer, you'll need to make your own adapter from MX26L6420 to 28FEW032 or similar.

I have fhe adapters, but none of my programmers actually have 26L6420 as a supported eprom (most sop44 got stuck till 26l800)... also, this is 8MB x 8bit and the one you posted is 4MBx8... don't get that
if you make your own adapter you can choose with a jumper if you want to program the lower 4M or higher 4M

Pics of the converted GD-ROM to Cart..a main bios chip for the carts were included..
Can you supply higher RES pictures please ? I would like to see the markings on the PIC chip and the main SMD devices.

if you make your own adapter you can choose with a jumper if you want to program the lower 4M or higher 4M
Can you help me figure out how? I've heard it many times but actually no one explained how this works. I can just try with lower eproms but i don't know how to swap between banks

It's very simple. Let's assume that the chip that you want to read has 23 bits in the address line.
That's 2^23=8388608 (decimal) or 0x800000 (hexadecimal). Just take the higher address bit (bit 23) on the chip that you want to read and with the help of a jumper you connect it either to VCC or GND, that will force it to 1 or 0. So you can first force a 0 and read the first half (which is 0x400000 in size) and then force a 1 and read the other half (again 0x400000 in size).

Actually if you want, you can use 2 jumpers to replace 2 address lines and you will have 4 combinations (00,01,10 and 11) and you will be able to read a chip 4 times in size, by making 4 reads. Then just put together in the right order the 4 parts read and you're good.

It's very simple. Let's assume that the chip that you want to read has 23 bits in the address line.
That's 2^23=8388608 (decimal) or 0x800000 (hexadecimal). Just take the higher address bit (bit 23) on the chip that you want to read and with the help of a jumper you connect it either to VCC or GND, that will force it to 1 or 0. So you can first force a 0 and read the first half (which is 0x400000 in size) and then force a 1 and read the other half (again 0x400000 in size).

Actually if you want, you can use 2 jumpers to replace 2 address lines and you will have 4 combinations (00,01,10 and 11) and you will be able to read a chip 4 times in size, by making 4 reads. Then just put together in the right order the 4 parts read and you're good.
Cool, thanks Darksoft!
So let's say that i want to use a 26L6420 (64mb) and my programmer only got 29L3211 (32mb), should i get the higher adress (A21) and toggle between vcc and vpp in order to be able write 2 times on it, going for lower and upper bank? is that right?

Back