What's new
It's very simple. Let's assume that the chip that you want to read has 23 bits in the address line.
That's 2^23=8388608 (decimal) or 0x800000 (hexadecimal). Just take the higher address bit (bit 23) on the chip that you want to read and with the help of a jumper you connect it either to VCC or GND, that will force it to 1 or 0. So you can first force a 0 and read the first half (which is 0x400000 in size) and then force a 1 and read the other half (again 0x400000 in size).

Actually if you want, you can use 2 jumpers to replace 2 address lines and you will have 4 combinations (00,01,10 and 11) and you will be able to read a chip 4 times in size, by making 4 reads. Then just put together in the right order the 4 parts read and you're good.
Cool, thanks Darksoft!So let's say that i want to use a 26L6420 (64mb) and my programmer only got 29L3211 (32mb), should i get the higher adress (A21) and toggle between vcc and vpp in order to be able write 2 times on it, going for lower and upper bank? is that right?
Yep, that's it.

@SNK-NEO-GEO Upload to imgur and post the album link here.

Do not use tinypic, they are shutting down.
is it really needed ? I'd bet all 3 originally was MBAA (841-0061, 317-5133-JPN PIC)
or you are looking for flash ROMs FPR-xxxxx numbers ? which we haven't seen stamped on this game's ROMs so far.

@SNK-NEO-GEO can you please look at your 3x boards flash ROMs and tell us if any of them have "FPR-something" stamps ? (usualy near bottom chip case edge, often barely visible)

Last edited:
@suverman would you be so kind to do a test (for science) where you remove the PIC chip (labeled 317-0495-com) and then see if your game still works ?

@suverman would you be so kind to do a test (for science) where you remove the PIC chip (labeled 317-0495-com) and then see if your game still works ?
@rtw the game boots normally without the PIC chip! I didn't try booting to the other game since my ghetto cab does not have a service button, if you want I can test it later with the supergun.

Last edited:
  1. Mine does not have "FPR" like the one from suverman..to me they seem like original chips across the board...but with a poor job at soldering like rewrite previously mentioned..not like Voltar's jobs.

In case @pzlate doesnt see this thread, would @acblunden2 or @twistedsymphony make me one? :D
Sorry work has been consuming all my free time, haven't been making carts since I don't really make these for any profit, just to support the community. I may be getting back into it soon, but no promises as of yet! I think both of the donor carts I have on hand are already claimed if I do start back up.

@pzlate I'm in for a CvS2+MvC2 combo (preferrably already patched with all characters unlocked) if you decide to do it again :thumbsup:

@pzlate I'm in for a CvS2+MvC2 combo (preferrably already patched with all characters unlocked) if you decide to do it again :thumbsup:
Sadly I don't do combo carts, those use 171-8346C (Melty Blood, Blitzkampf, etc) as a donor and a custom bios. They're more expensive and not as plentiful as the 171-7919A. I prefer to use less desirable games as donors, like the sports games not a lot of people care about.

Last edited:
Sadly I don't do combo carts, those use 171-8346C (Melty Blood, Blitzkampf, etc) as a donor and a custom bios. They're more expensive and not as plentiful as the 171-7919A. I prefer to use less desirable games as donors, like the sports games not a lot of people care about.
Well, looks like I got here too late, but if you ever do these again, let me know. I have a Netboot setup but I've only had it work properly at two of the dozens of conventions/tournaments I've taken it to, it's gotten to a point where I don't even bother bringing it anymore. If you need donor carts, I've got some too. Dunno if you can use two copies of CvS1 or Virtua Tennis, but I'd be willing to turn them into, oh, say, GGXXAC, CvS2 and Azumanga Daioh.

Would a Virtua Nba, can be converter to Marvel Vs Capcom 2 and how much the service will be

I get converting gdrom games to cart but Why aren't people just buying mvc2 carts?

They're not that expensive and you can swap the program rom to unlock all the characters

Last edited:
I get converting gdrom games to cart but Why aren't people just buying mvc2 carts?

Theyre not that expensice and you can swap the program rom to unlock all the characters
Because we need more MvC2 carts and less Virtua NBA ones.

Seriously though, I think people might not know how easy it is to swap and eprom in an actual cart for the character unlocks.

Theyre not that expensice and you can swap the program rom to unlock all the characters
Because we need more MvC2 carts and less Virtua NBA ones.
Seriously though, I think people might not know how easy it is to swap and eprom in an actual cart for the character unlocks.
I don't think it's THAT easy compared to say a socket chip on a cps2 board. I believe you'll need a hot air station and some surface mount soldering skills to change out those roms.

Back