What's new

obitus1990

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a dead Puzzle Fighter set, likely due to the battery allowing the board to suicide (it reads 0V). I really don't care much for Puzzle Fighter, so, I'd like to convert it to something else. Is it as simple as first installing an Infinikey, programming a new set of ROMS for the game I desire to convert it to, and setting the Infinikey to inject the encryption key for the desired game I'd be swapping it to? Yes, I know I can get a Darksoft kit, which I already have, but, this is going into a cabinet dedicated for use with what I desire to convert it to.

Thanks!

puzzle fighter may not hold interest to you, but there is a community still for that title. I would leave it original if possible... If there was no other options to find another donor game I would understand, but there are many cheaper/worse titles. What game do you want to convert to? Depending on rarity, you could probably get someone to trade a CPS2 for yours.

Also, there are hw differences between games. In addition to changing the roms you will need to probably change the PAL and make changes to the jumpers. That guide will indeed get you going.

What is an A+B board set (USA version) of this game worth, realistically, versus eBay prices? I have a local offering to trade me for it, and want to check to see if what he's offering is at least equivalent.

Edit to add: I installed an infinikey on it today, and it works perfectly. Zero corrosion or battery damage to the boards at all.

Last edited:
What is an A+B board set (USA version) of this game worth
Not as much as a A+B set of Alien vs Predator, and since you are just looking to trade/sell anyway why not go for a higher valued game?
Convert/sacrifice it, who cares.

Back