What's new
The PCB looks great @Darksoft! Gotta be the most anticipated multi of all time after CPS2.

Is anything special required for key writing, or just the appropriate battery backed C board?

Also curious to see how 12MHZ vs 10MHZ modes are handled in the final product.

or just the appropriate battery backed C board?
No longer needed, ANY C board will work battery or not. :D
Also curious to see how 12MHZ vs 10MHZ modes are handled in the final product.
Me too, I asked right after @fluxcore but haven't gotten a clear answer yet.
I'm afraid the lack of response means the end user must address this themselfs (ie dual frequency crystal mod OR two A-boards 1-10mhz and 1-12mhz).

If my fear is correct, that means the most desirable A-board donar for the multi will be a 12mhz.
Because again, only a few (I believe 2) 10mhz games play incorrectly on 12mhz A's...
But technically ALL 12mhz games are too slow on 10mhz A's (even if you don't personally notice a difference because its very minor, I recommend you compare SF2:CE for the clearest example of game play differences due to clock speed).

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes 400 sounds like a good number! (385 here lol)
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but several people ahead of you reserved more than one kit. You might not make the first 400. Though I'm sure a non-zero number of people will pass when their number comes up. So maybe you will make the cut after all.

Though I'm sure a non-zero number of people will pass when their number comes up.

The list was started in 2017 (admittedly, the very end of it, but still). There's going to be a lot of people on that list that aren't going to be interested anymore.

Also, there's no way HighscoreSave and Saveyourgames will be honoring that list 100%. They might give some preference to some of you guys on the list, but we're talking probably days, not even weeks, compared to buyers that aren't on the list at all.

Yes, 27 people asked for 2 under my number. It's also only an interest thread.

I’m fourth and I need to amend my order to 400 units plz.

But in all seriousness @nem is right on the money. I am fourth on the list but I’m not deluding myself that my spot is secure. These will hit a retailer, and those folks aren’t really set up to enforce an interest list. Gotta be paying attention here, maybe there will be a non-public url or something for us for a day or two, but I’d bet if you snooze you lose.

@Apocalypse this is real. I have it wired up from the 3 pin header on my SF2HF board to a 3.5" plug. Audio is still in mono but in both channels and unfortunately somewhat unbalanced. Still a decent alternative to mono jamma audio and it's an easy mod. Best I can do until a true CPS1 stereo option is available.

Edit: I think I read the original question wrong. Wasn't aware of this type of connection near the C board, only the one near the jamma edge. Wonder if this option delivers better quality audio?

Last edited:
this is real
Sure is... A few CPS1 games actually support stereo output not just SF2CE/TE (I can't seem to find the short list ATM).
I talked about this with @twistedsymphony and @ekorz like two years ago (at T's arcade party before the dreaded covid-19 kicked us all in the balls).

A few questions come to mind...
What would happen if you ran a mono only game on a multi that was hooked up via stereo (most/majority CPS1 games ARE mono only after all)?
How would CPS1.5 games behave with this type of setup (they are in stereo yes, but the hookup is radically different/via D-board on real hardware)?

Last edited by a moderator:
Aside from being really excited to play the full CPS1 and 1.5 library on a real pcb, I also find myself excited to play all the SF2 hack variations out there. Ive only played Rainbow Edition as well as Red Wave. But I believe there are quite a few of these crazy hacks that were out back in SF2’s time.
these games were just hilarious to play around with. I’d love to be able to play them on this multi for fun.

There’s so many SF2 nutso hacks for sure. Having SD card abilities with this multi is going to be awesome! Looking forward to playing that Final Fight reboot thingy that came out a whiles ago too.

All set, ready and I can't wait 😂
P_20210211_124142.jpg

Hey @Darksoft, I saw in the first post that the multi will support spinners for Forgotten Worlds but I wanted to ask if it will support both Capcom and Taito spinners?

I don't know if they output different signals or are geared differently as I only own a pair of Taito's but it would be very cool if the multi supported both.

Hey @Darksoft, I saw in the first post that the multi will support spinners for Forgotten Worlds but I wanted to ask if it will support both Capcom and Taito spinners?

I don't know if they output different signals or are geared differently as I only own a pair of Taito's but it would be very cool if the multi supported both.
This question is relevant to my interests.

don’t know if it is possible but you’ll have another problem as the LW spinners also have a switch to fire by pushing the rotary down

Back