What's new
Yes, now that I have all the components, price is clear. 650 EUR / 725 USD. It's been tested with all CPS1 and CPS1.5 games.

You'll see a video very soon, that will clarify all your doubts and will make you see how much really is this kit worth.
He probably means this post

Got my CPS1 PCB in (a good "Short" 10MHz model), gave it a good playing run after initial problems. Maybe some dirt/bad contact. After several times removing PCBs and moving socketed chips the PCB started to work fine. A good 4 hour run Pang 3 went fine and PCB also seems to start up now as it should. Some cleaning will follow though.

The sound PCB is one of the best ones - 92641C-1. All good, except this one has been modified. Battery removed and pins 45-46 connected to the leg of D2. When considering the multi, should I remove this modification and add the battery again?

Attachments

• CPS1_sound_mod-1.jpg
    CPS1_sound_mod-1.jpg
    224.1 KB · Views: 109
  • CPS1_sound_mod-2.jpg
    CPS1_sound_mod-2.jpg
    251.4 KB · Views: 105
  • CPS1_sound_mod-3.jpg
    CPS1_sound_mod-3.jpg
    210.5 KB · Views: 102
He probably means this post

Quick question. I am on the waiting list. Will we be contacted in regards to purchasing the CPS1 multi (as happened with the system 16 multi) or do we reach out to distributors, such as saveyourgame?

When I'm 100% sure of the date in which the distributors will have the kits, then they will open preorders. People should indicate their number on the list and those will have priority for 2 weeks to order. If they don't order in those 2 weeks, we'll move on to the next people on the list

When I'm 100% sure of the date in which the distributors will have the kits, then they will open preorders. People should indicate their number on the list and those will have priority for 2 weeks to order. If they don't order in those 2 weeks, we'll move on to the next people on the list
Perfect understood, thanks. Is there a UK distributor or is saveyourgames the closest one?

That's awesome. Thank you so much Darksoft. I was worried that I'd be caught up in a work meeting and unable to get my order placed before they all disappeared. Knowing that I'll be able to finish up work stuff on the day they go for sale and still be able to get my order in is so incredibly comforting. I cannot wait!

Man you are the rock super much better than the other guy wearing speedo 😁👌

I only know of software emulators of cps1. Excuse my lack of knowledge and ignorance

Am I correct in thinking that these kit will play the actual/real cps1 arcade games? and emulated roms using software like mame or fba?

Is there any link or website for newbies to get started in this awesome hobby? I am thinking of pre ordering the darksoft cps1 multi

Thanks

I only know of software emulators of cps1. Excuse my lack of knowledge and ignorance

Am I correct in thinking that these kit will play the actual/real cps1 arcade games? and emulated roms using software like mame or fba?

Is there any link or website for newbies to get started in this awesome hobby? I am thinking of pre ordering the darksoft cps1 multi

Thanks
These kits will run the actual ROM files on real CPS1 PCBs, that's why they are considered more "real" or "accurate" that emulation, either software (like MAME) or hardware (like MiSTer).

Certain multis have to either hack or patch protections out, like the old CPS2 multi, which led some people to claim they were not as accurate as the original games, but most people don't believe that. It's real code running on real hardware, it's pretty much the same.

As for the CPS1, I don't know the method that is uses, but I would tell you that it will be the most accurate and real way to play CPS1 games, so go for it!

As to where to learn about this stuff? Well, you're in the right spot. Pick a topic and start reading about it right here!

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!

@irem_man - and the multi kit alone will not do anything. You need to get the real PCB where you install the kit. Kit only makes possible to run multiple games with the same base PCB.

Thanks

Basically, the original Capcom CPS1 arcade boards only have one game on each board. CPS1 Multi converts one Capcom CPS1 board to have all of the CPS1 games available on it. Since the Multi board is loading the original Capcom code and executing it on original hardware, the play experience with each game is identical to playing on the original arcade board with each title.

Thanks

Welcome to The Projects

Thank your lucky stars that you found this website.

For although there are others... beware!

This is the path to arcade enlightenment.

Follow it closely and you will be rewarded.

:D :thumbup:

Many thanks for the replies to all, it is very helpful. and nice to be here

Why is there a requirement for two boards to use the cps1 multi; a CPS1 "A-Board" and 2. a CPS1 "C-Board" and what does each board do?

Where can you purchase the A and C boards?

Can anyone answer my questions or point to a link for the information if it is not too much trouble for a complete newbie?

Thanks in advance

the a board is more or less the main board, the "game console", the b board is the board with the actual game data, the "Game cart", and the c board is the copy protection- at least that's how i understand it.

Many thanks for the replies to all, it is very helpful. and nice to be here

Why is there a requirement for two boards to use the cps1 multi; a CPS1 "A-Board" and 2. a CPS1 "C-Board" and what does each board do?

Where can you purchase the A and C boards?

Can anyone answer my questions or point to a link for the information if it is not too much trouble for a complete newbie?

Thanks in advance

As to where you can purchase - you will likely have to buy a fully functional game board set - see this thread for what game to get:

https://www.arcade-projects.com/threads/what-donor-board-to-use-for-the-cps1-multi.13106/

Finally the time has come and preorders are going to open in a few hours from the 3 official distributors: HighScore Saves, Save Your Games and Candy Cab Club !!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
People from USA/Canada, you need to order from HSS. People from Europe will need to order from Aldo / Saveyourgames and people of AU/NZ from Candy Cab Club, people from remaining zones can order from wherever they want.

First, only people with a number in the list from 250 or lower will be able to order. Please specify your number on the interest check thread as this will be checked. For now, preorders are limited to 1 multi per person. If someone tries to order from more than one place, he'll lose his spot on the queue. When those 250 are exhausted and we see how many have actually ordered, 2 weeks later we will open preorders for the next 100-150 users, we will see.
Kits will have either the Qsound or the FPGA version, both work 100% the same and it would be complicated to let pickup one, so they will be shipped randomly.

Now go and hit F5 on the website of your distributor....they will open pre-orders in the next hours!!!!!

Back