What's new
Got my temporary enclosure almost done. Just might add some fans on the side and a mount for the LCD selector and then just waiting for the remote dip switch selector and then see about a final solution.
Nice, if you do heat set inserts you can secure the filterboard to the corner supports. Also for the filterboard, how about making it sit recessed into the corner supports as well?

Nice, if you do heat set inserts you can secure the filterboard to the corner supports. Also for the filterboard, how about making it sit recessed into the corner supports as well?
I was thinking of something along those lines but left it this way so I could easily remove the filter board to access the dip switches. This was just a rush job so I could have some kind of protection, I’m clumsy and prone to accidents and breaking things 😂

Looks great! Any chance you’d be willing to share the stl files for those corner braces? I’d love to throw one together while we wait for a non DIY solution.
Yeah I’ll put them up on my website later on tonight or tomorrow. I’ll have to measure the acrylic, it was some spare parts that I had laying around that was just about the right size.

Would small washers/standoffs work here as well? I have never drilled a 3D print but guessing it won't crack.

Until we get remote DIPs I don't see any point creating a case, just have to remove that filter board to set 'em and having the whole thing inside a case would make that even more difficult than it currently is.

Also with a few different flavors/styles of remote DIPs coming available, assuming a future case allows for the mounting of one, which will it be?

You've gota imagine ANY case is going to look busy as fuck, with the filter board on one end, LCD (hopefully mounted internally to the case) selector screen AND remote DIPs block (also hopefully mounted internally to the case).

Why that filter board didn't include these DIP, or a integrated LCD selector OR CPS2 style kick connector...
I mean sure gotta draw the line some place, but with all these different add-ons its not going to be easy to case this monster (and you know, if DS just obey'd the original A-board footprint we could all be using REAL CPS1.5 cases RIGHT NOW). :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
I may have missed it, so I apologize. But ...

when/where will we be able to purchase dip switch relocation options?

Got mine today in Shanghai which is still in lock-down.

Attachments

• CF62B394-83A3-4F01-8787-80694D275719.jpeg
    CF62B394-83A3-4F01-8787-80694D275719.jpeg
    321.7 KB · Views: 66
Until we get remote DIPs I don't see any point creating a case, just have to remove that filter board to set 'em and having the whole thing inside a case would make that even more difficult than it currently is.
100% that.
Mitsu will make a post when he is ready to sell them. Just keep an eye out on this thread.
It should still take 8-10 days for @Mitsurugi-w to be able to offer everything, cable extenders, spinner PCBs, Remote Dip Switches, etc. Please be a bit patient. We're almost there....

Received mine last week from Italy, set it up over the week-end.
Super happy with the thing <3

The only issue is that all versions of 3 Wonders/Wonder 3 give me a black screen after the ROM/RAM check.
All the other games work perfectly fine.
I guess I'll try with another A and/or C board at some point...

Anyway I have an original 3 Wonders so no big deal :thumbsup:

Received mine last week from Italy, set it up over the week-end.
Super happy with the thing <3

The only issue is that all versions of 3 Wonders/Wonder 3 give me a black screen after the ROM/RAM check.
All the other games work perfectly fine.
I guess I'll try with another A and/or C board at some point...

Anyway I have an original 3 Wonders so no big deal :thumbsup:
Check your dips. Sounds like the stop dip is on.

Back