What's new
Sorry to hear you feel that way.
I do agree mistakes were made, but including 1.5 support wasn't one of them.

What a headache when we just wana play some kickass games huh?
Politics, its a thing (at least we aren't fighting wars/killing anyone over it). ;)

Sorry to hear you feel that way.
I do agree mistakes were made, but including 1.5 support wasn't one of them.

What a headache when we just wana play some kickass games huh?
Politics, its a thing (at least we aren't fighting wars/killing anyone over it). ;)
I think we are talking different things. Including refurbished Qsound chip is something that I should have never done.
Adding support for CPS1.5 (aka Qsound) was a must.

Last edited:
I presume these comments are aimed at me jassin000 im sorry but your comments dont add up as I was number 34 on the pre order list? For me the big problem with this CPS1 multi was the pre order list and allowing a limited number of people to have Q sound and others have FPGA it was always going to cause a divide, if the FPGA is as good as its supposed to be then really that should have been the default way the board was sold and seperate blank boards sold for people who wanted to use their own Q sound chip, you could see the way it was going earlier in the thread with the "ive got a Q sound posts" also I would say a Q sound board would be worth considerably more on the second hand market. If the pre order list was done in order even with a limited number of chips being available st number 34 I was certain I would get a Q sound so was more than happy to shell out the 600 euros which is a hell of a lot of money so that's the reason im disappointed.

Im also disappointed to see this once friendly forum go the way it has with some Q sound owning members posting toxic and mocking posts and liking those same posts because a member felt dissapointed a real shame.

I mean at the start this was only going to be a CPS1 multi, so originally it never included any type of qsound period.
It was later decided to add the 1.5 games, because yes basically all that was missing in terms of support was that sound chip.
A rather large cache of original chips was found and purchased, awesome!

However I say this is where the train went off the tracks... FPGA!
It should have never been developed, not for this (has other valid applications).

Rather the modules to harvest/use your own Q-Sound chip could have been provided with all future kits.
Sold fully disclosed/with the understanding that...
"you get CPS1.0 out of the box, but for 1.5 you must provide chip as only the first 200 orders included it"

Do people like it?
Well anyone above 200 might not, but I say tuff titty we had a wait list because these were always going to be limited.
Guess what? They ARE LIMITED, deal with it.
People on the list, who had been waiting YEARS got first/Q-Sound dibs (albeit without knowledge/consent, but that's another issue/topic) justice was served IMO.

Selling the entire kit instead of just the socketed qsound board is a bit of an extreme reaction, particularly when blank boards will be available. I got the FPGA. It sounds perfect. Too much obsession with status/having the ultra limited funko-pop in this hobby. It's just a single sound chip, he's not selling a mister with CPS1 core. All you're missing is the dopamine rush of posting the picture of your qsound chip, because it is otherwise identical.

is no one actually playing the games you dreamed of?
Yea its great! Been installed in my cab since I got it, don't see it getting swapped out any time soon.

Just placed my order for the add-ons (spinner, kick cables and remote dips).
Best multi ever! :D

i had a mister for a couple months now and i REFUSED to use the cps1 and 1.5 cores because i wanted the "full arcade experience". i wanted to play these games so bad but i fought my urges and toughed it out. ive spent over 10 hours with the multi now and could not be any happier... until i get the spinner and addons hooked up, that is. the fact this even came out at all is a tremendous achievement and does not go unnoticed or unthanked. i show my thanks by playing the games and supporting the creators. to me this IS real hardware

Im also disappointed to see this once friendly forum go the way it has with some Q sound owning members posting toxic and mocking posts and liking those same posts because a member felt dissapointed a real shame.
This.
I’m sorry you felt targeted. This place is supposed to be better than the n-g forums, and sometimes it seems that it’s about the same. Sorry to have to say it, but the mods need to be more engaged with this kind of negative behavior or we become just like all the rest of the arcade forums filled with toxic old farts.

Last edited:
I presume these comments are aimed at me jassin000 im sorry but your comments dont add up as I was number 34 on the pre order list? For me the big problem with this CPS1 multi was the pre order list and allowing a limited number of people to have Q sound and others have FPGA it was always going to cause a divide, if the FPGA is as good as its supposed to be then really that should have been the default way the board was sold and seperate blank boards sold for people who wanted to use their own Q sound chip, you could see the way it was going earlier in the thread with the "ive got a Q sound posts" also I would say a Q sound board would be worth considerably more on the second hand market. If the pre order list was done in order even with a limited number of chips being available st number 34 I was certain I would get a Q sound so was more than happy to shell out the 600 euros which is a hell of a lot of money so that's the reason im disappointed.

It’s understandable for you to be disappointed. And I think you are right the tenor of the community has changed around the Qsound chip. So I apologize if I came off too harsh. I just think the argument around a sound chip is a bit absurd relative to resale/performance what have you for a generation raised on compressed mp3s. And I feel it just takes away from all the hard work that went into completing this project. I agree that I wish things were handled differently, that said I hope you can enjoy your multi because it’s awesome.

I don't see anyone being toxic, certainly not on the level of somewhere like N-G. There's a difference between toxic and straightforward/blunt when someone's being a bit irrational. The vibe of his original post where he was talking about selling off the entire thing just seems like sort of a diss to me, like the ENTIRE THING isn't worth it just for not getting a genuine qsound chip. I feel like the legit qsound was hyped up so much to some extent that it's upsetting people to that level, and I see myself and others trying to bring people "down to earth" when commenting on it.

Is anyone using a Sheep Nova C board that was un-modified?

Does it work as-is or does it need to be modified?
I'm using it. It works as is. My C board had a battery before I installed to multi board.

Changing the topic from qsound madness, anyone have a breakdown of what cases will be available? This is the first multi I've felt I really need a case for due to the filter board making it slightly awkward to how I normally store things (in anti-static bubble bags)

i been using a bigger corstat box but some shiny plexi would be greatly appreciated

Would like to avoid plexi due to ESD concerns, I know that probably narrows things down. Anyone making a metal case?

IMG_2738.jpg

Dual xtal hype!!!

12mhz -
View: https://youtu.be/tO-bxkk0tas

10mhz -
View: https://youtu.be/9eXZcvr_qrQ

I put some originals on the scope as well, and basically the clock floats around a little bit but stays within the tolerances listed on those datasheets. 10mhz may read 10.1mhz or 9.90mhz. 12mhz varies between 11.9mhz and 12.1mhz. These replacements @Derick2k sent me did basically the same thing, with the 10mhz one actually staying at 10mhz a bit more often. Looks like a winner!

IMG_2738.jpg

Dual xtal hype!!!

12mhz -
View: https://youtu.be/tO-bxkk0tas

10mhz -
View: https://youtu.be/9eXZcvr_qrQ

I put some originals on the scope as well, and basically the clock floats around a little bit but stays within the tolerances listed on those datasheets. 10mhz may read 10.1mhz or 9.90mhz. 12mhz varies between 11.9mhz and 12.1mhz. These replacements @Derick2k sent me did basically the same thing, with the 10mhz one actually staying at 10mhz a bit more often. Looks like a winner!
Thanks for testing it out. Sourcing compatible small form factor smd crystals is a major pita, so im glad these work. Sending a couple more test pcbs out to other members here. Once the its been run through its paces will make any changes needed.

Mitsu will have these for sale soon after.:thumbup:

Any other options than Jasen’s? I respect his work, but I don’t really like his aesthetics. His designs scream America to me, and I don’t mean that in a bad way, I mean his cases and fight sticks are always very big and loud looking. I’d like something smaller.
@hursit had a cool design for his CPS3 case, sleek and compact. Hoping he takes on the CPS1.

Back