What's new
Any other options than Jasen’s? I respect his work, but I don’t really like his aesthetics. His designs scream America to me, and I don’t mean that in a bad way, I mean his cases and fight sticks are always very big and loud looking. I’d like something smaller.
@hursit had a cool design for his CPS3 case, sleek and compact. Hoping he takes on the CPS1.
I don't know any, but I'm not endorsing his, it's just the only one I know about (in metal).

I like @hursit's other cases, but I haven't seen anything yet on CPS1.

I do like the look of acrylic cases, but man, all the good ones are like $100+ so you might as well go metal at that point.

Any other options than Jasen’s? I respect his work, but I don’t really like his aesthetics. His designs scream America to me, and I don’t mean that in a bad way, I mean his cases and fight sticks are always very big and loud looking. I’d like something smaller.
Agreed, and thought I was the only one. Like if it's the only game in town I'll take it but would be nice to see other options

@hursit had a cool design for his CPS3 case, sleek and compact. Hoping he takes on the CPS1.
Jasens cases are built like tanks :D Yeah for this multi I want something lighter for sure. Waiting on @hursit to see if he will do a case ;)

I don't know any, but I'm not endorsing his, it's just the only one I know about (in metal).

I like @hursit's other cases, but I haven't seen anything yet on CPS1.

I do like the look of acrylic cases, but man, all the good ones are like $100+ so you might as well go metal at that point.
Im doing a temporary case in acrylic until the pros come up with some cool cases.

Fine with acrylic. Some basic things you can do to lower the static upon assembly and generally risk of damage is much higher with unassembled components.

If putting it in a case surely the case will need a fan system like cps2? Has anyone put a fan/heatsink over the CPS-A-01 custom?

This.
I’m sorry you felt targeted. This place is supposed to be better than the n-g forums, and sometimes it seems that it’s about the same. Sorry to have to say it, but the mods need to be more engaged with this kind of negative behavior or we become just like all the rest of the arcade forums filled with toxic old farts.
We are watching...

If putting it in a case surely the case will need a fan system like cps2? Has anyone put a fan/heatsink over the CPS-A-01 custom?
Heat sink, yes. As for a fan, there isn't much room between the A and B boards. We are all waiting for a 3rd party case to be produced where ventilation is built into the case. Probably can expect one from @hursit some time in the near future.

Good news is I do think I see that there is a 12vdc header that Darksoft put on the multi that can be tapped to power a fan.

Waiting for the @hursit case. Love his CPS-3 one, fine piece of work.

Also waiting to see proposed designs and how various add-ons will be incorporated into the case and how they’ll also cater for people who opt to not have them.

Just been reading through some of this thread, and I've seen some posts about the Q-Sound chips not lasting as long as the FPGA chips...I kinda hope my multi lasts a long long time cause I paid a lot of money for mine and I kinda love it. Like really love it. Like it's unhealthy...

Yall making me nervous with that kinda talk.

Just been reading through some of this thread, and I've seen some posts about the Q-Sound chips not lasting as long as the FPGA chips...I kinda hope my multi lasts a long long time cause I paid a lot of money for mine and I kinda love it. Like really love it. Like it's unhealthy...

Yall making me nervous with that kinda talk.
Nothing to be worried about, the multi is very high quality and will last 30 years or more. There is one chip that has been harvested from other PCBs and that's the Qsound. If for some reason that chip fails, you can always replace the Audio PCB with a FPGA and there wont be any difference.

Nothing to be worried about, the multi is very high quality and will last 30 years or more. There is one chip that has been harvested from other PCBs and that's the Qsound. If for some reason that chip fails, you can always replace the Audio PCB with a FPGA and there wont be any difference.
Make love to me. Here and now.

Although abit late, finally spend some time setting it up and running.
Been playing non stop especially my favourite game muscle bomber aka slam masters. ^^

Just want to say thanks to Darksoft, Mitsurugi-w and whoever involved in the making of this wonderful CPS 1.5 multi kit.
Also thanks to ShootTheCore for the video tutorial and CPZ-SAVEYOURGAMES for fast and great delivery services, purchase with confidence.
Worth waiting for so long, such a wonderful well design piece of equipment and packaging.

20220522_194332.jpg

20220522_194141.jpg

Also, elephant in the thread here, but if the backlash for the fpga vs qsound kerfuffle should be directed at ANYTHING, it’s not the recipients of one or the other that have voiced it here, it’s the fact that a massive stink was made about it in the first place. 😒
I bet you “whished you never FOUUUUUUND” those new old stock IC’s 😉 (I kid, I kid..)

Back