What's new
I think the confusion is around what would actually run on a hacked c board (without undoing the hack). Yes, it would indeed run a decrypted rom. But you probably don’t have one of those on your sd card @Omnibot.

for Cps2, for example, the whole rollup pack was originally decrypts. That’s not the case for the current rom pack. Every game in there is expecting to program keys. And since the rom pack builder isn’t out yet I you won’t be able to build a decrypt pack. If you can even find the decrypt roms to begin with! I’m not sure they’re in mame.

Aha I see, thanks for clarifying guys. 👍 I’ll try and get to my other CPS-1 boards (they’re all stuck behind the House of the Dead machine I’m working on so hard to get at 😅)

Aha I see, thanks for clarifying guys. 👍 I’ll try and get to my other CPS-1 boards (they’re all stuck behind the House of the Dead machine I’m working on so hard to get at 😅)
If you have any game working, you can at least play that family of games. Like if you have a sf2ce somewhere you can play any game in the pack that uses “B21” in the enckey file since that’s what the original sf2ce uses for keys. The multi won’t be able to reprogram it but you’d be able to play area88r, daimakair, dynwarjr, pang3, a bunch of sf hacks and a few others. Just search for “B21” in the enckey files

Has anyone been able to get the Street Fighter II hacks working? Rainbow, Red Wave, etc?
When I load any of those hacks I get nothing but garbled graphics or the game locks up at the initial boot screen.

Regular versions work fine.

Hey @opt2not - I loaded up RedWave and Rainbow and they played fine (did 1 game on each).

Matt

So - all daimakaimura and ghouls n ghosts ROMs do have the sound cut out for me.

Edit: it's more than it cuts out. There's ... Other notes playing behind the normal music and static type sounds. It's not good.

Anyone else have trouble with those?

Last edited:
I played Ghouls and Ghosts last night for about 15 minutes - didn't hear any static and the music seemed fine to me.

I played Ghouls and Ghosts last night for about 15 minutes - didn't hear any static and the music seemed fine to me.
Thanks. I played it for a while a too and it seemed fine. And then it started acting up.

It seems as if it's getting worse. I only see the issue with that rom at far.

The sound was cutting out but it got worse when I turned on dip c-6 to enable demo sounds on other games. I've set it back but the sound's been messed up on daimakaimura and GNG ever since.

I tested a majority of the games with no problems except for Strider. The RAM test boot screen appears then it's a black screen thereafter. This happens for any version of Strider. Has anyone else had this issue?

I tested a majority of the games with no problems except for Strider. The RAM test boot screen appears then it's a black screen thereafter. This happens for any version of Strider. Has anyone else had this issue?
Strider loads fine on my board but the sound is messed up the in same way as daimakaimura/GNG.

Which C board are u you using?

Edit: strider USA B board b-89 seems to work better than the others. It performs how GNG worked before I had enabled dip c-6. Sound cuts out but comes back when music restarts (death/new level).

Last edited:

I also played the US version of Strider up to level 3 with no issue.

Check the dips for Strider. They are different than most other games. Most likely you have the stop dip on.

Dips are NOT AT ALL STANDARD across the games in CPS1. If you are having issues pull up the dip settings online and verify.

Yeah. The dips can really mess things up if not set right. My cabinet is in pieces so I haven't had a chance to even test out my kit, but I'll likely wait until the remote boards are available as the dip-switches are nigh impossible to access with the CPS1 kit installed in the cabinet.

I'm playing strider with all dips except c-7 off.

My issue with the sound was caused by the A-board.

I have only 1 my working original CPS1 A board and I was using it with the multi.

I say working because it works with everything else. I use it regularly with the lydz CPS1 multi without issue.

Obviously, there's something, at least a little, wrong with it since I'm having trouble with some of the roms. I put it back with the lydz and it works fine. So, it will stay there.

I have 4 broken original CPS1 boards. And I have 2 boards that are converted Q-sounds boards. the q-sound boards came with daimakaimura and GNG conversions I bought. I didn't realize what I was getting. They sound the same on the daimakaimura and GNG conversions. They sound fine. I don't crank the volume. They sound exactly the same as my original CPS1 when using the daimakaimura/GNG b-boards.

On the lydz multi one q-sound board sounds good. The other sounds like shit. There's actually extra notes and wrong/missing effects. It's garbage.

For as hacky as the q-sound conversions are, they have never broken on me (knock on wood). Not like the 4 original CPS1 PCB I've gone through on the last 2 years.

So, for the time being I've got to run the multi on the q-sound conversion that sounded good with the lydz. It sounds good with the DarkSoft as well.

I will have to start looking for a reasonably priced original A board.

I post this information for others having trouble with just a few roms. Might want to try another A board. You should probably have a spare anyway.

So nice seeing people play this. I can't wait to get the final boards here in Australia and join in on the fun.

If there's one thing I'm seeing that *might* be a problem, it will be C-Boards.

If you can, grab an unmolested one for the mutli.

Seeing as we are reporting things, when you go into the Caves at the start of Mega Twins/Chiki Chiki Boys, I get white vertical lines. Could be the ROMS sets.

Seeing as we are reporting things, when you go into the Caves at the start of Mega Twins/Chiki Chiki Boys, I get white vertical lines. Could be the ROMS sets.
No, that is the only known bug and we know why it happens. A new firmware update will follow anytime soon. The other bug are some glitches on 2nd stage in Mercs. Anything else other than that is a problem with your setup.

Back