What's new
Still looking for the recommended C board for this multi. It’s sitting in the box unfortunately until I can obtain one. Willing to pay above market price for an unmodified board please PM me if you have one you are willing to sell or trade.
Have you checked eBay? These come often. I just checked sheep nova but seems to have none right now: https://www.ebay.com/str/sheepnova

well have some in 1.5 months or so. These will be repro, but im certain that you should find one before.

Have you checked eBay? These come often. I just checked sheep nova but seems to have none right now: https://www.ebay.com/str/sheepnova

well have some in 1.5 months or so. These will be repro, but im certain that you should find one before.
I ordered 2 from sheep on ebay which were desuicided- 1 of these I re-suicided and is working currently on the multi. I emailed sheep asking for untouched C boards- no reply. I'd like to order 2 of your repro C boards please :)

Hello Everyone! I was finally able to get a proper 92641C-1 C board, and it looks super clean and unmodified. In completing my install, unfortunately it is not working properly for me. I am only able to get SF2 and its variants to load but the coloring is way off. In addition, after 10 seconds of gameplay it goes dark. Display on the LED appears to function properly. I'm attaching some photos and more descriptions below, any help would be appreciated.

1. C board - 92641C-1 very clean. It even still had the battery on it, which I removed before installing. I did not have a way to test it, so I'm thinking it's possible it could be this C board. But it sure is clean...
  2. A board - CPS Dash with 12mhz crystal. Verified working on my SF2 hyper.
  3. Dipswitch on the B board is set to on.
  4. Wait...as I'm typing this, what should the dips on the A board be set to? Perhaps this is my problem? ROM pack came from the archive site.
image 1.jpeg
image 2.jpeg
image 3.jpeg
image 4.jpeg
image 6.jpeg

Last edited:
@orlandu81 Hard to say like that but I tend to think it's from C-Board or... Did you swap the PAL on the mobo?

Have you tried with another mobo to be sure?

@orlandu81 Hard to say like that but I tend to think it's from C-Board or... Did you swap the PAL on the mobo?

Have you tried with another mobo to be sure?
I did swap the Pal chip with the one included in the kit. The only thing I wasn’t 100% sure was working was the C board. Sadly I don’t have another to try. If nothing else I can try, I’ll have to wait until Darksoft and Mitsurugi make the repro C boards.

Van you show me a pic if the component part of the C board? Where did you change the PAL on the C board ir the A board?

Van you show me a pic if the component part of the C board? Where did you change the PAL on the C board ir the A board?
Thanks for your reply. I changed the PAL chip on the A board, exactly per the v1.4 manual and didn’t change anything on the C board except remove the battery. Let me know if you need me to disassemble and provide more A board photos. Here is the underside of the C board.

Attachments

• 12477EC3-40C2-4DF5-873F-6E66428CA84E.jpeg
    12477EC3-40C2-4DF5-873F-6E66428CA84E.jpeg
    84.2 KB · Views: 59
That C Boards looks OK to me, so I dont think it's that. Maybe the B-21 died, but definitely I'll bid on the C board being the problem. Another source could be the reset cable, which is a must whem programming the B21 to behave like another Bxx. Is the reset cable properly installed, and is the console going to a reset state while you are loading a new game?

That C Boards looks OK to me, so I dont think it's that. Maybe the B-21 died, but definitely I'll bid on the C board being the problem. Another source could be the reset cable, which is a must whem programming the B21 to behave like another Bxx. Is the reset cable properly installed, and is the console going to a reset state while you are loading a new game?
I do believe the reset cable is working. I double checked the install on it and it looks perfect to me. When I load a game, it first “erases” then “loads” just like my CPS2 multi. I even hear a little click on the pcb once it’s complete. I’ve only been able to get two or three titles to even load, all SF2 variants only. They all crash within 10-15 seconds. I would happily try another C board if I had one :(

Which exact versions are those? Probably some that work with a B21 in default mode...
I got SF2 turbo and SF2 champion to load. Takes a few seconds after the load has completed to see anything on the screen. When I do, the colors are way off, but i do hear sound and can load up a game. But within a few seconds of loading a game to play it just fails and screen goes black. Anything else I can try let me know. Do I need to change my dips on the A board?

So you mean that no game works 100%, then it must be a faulty B21, I believe.

So you mean that no game works 100%, then it must be a faulty B21, I believe.

Correct. Ok, please add me to the list of interested people in the repro C board when it is available. I would like to get 2.

Hello everyone, I noticed a small issue in Magic sword: when I am doing the special by pressing two buttons simultaneously, there’s a kind of glitch (see the second picture), otherwise the game is running well. I am wondering if it can come from my upscaler.

Cheers

Attachments

• 62E754CD-6805-4462-92E4-2CE181BC1944.jpeg
    62E754CD-6805-4462-92E4-2CE181BC1944.jpeg
    230 KB · Views: 63
  • F4EEA6C2-7C6B-4E26-A3E0-DEB88998032D.jpeg
    F4EEA6C2-7C6B-4E26-A3E0-DEB88998032D.jpeg
    247.5 KB · Views: 71
I have a kick harness question :)

My 'New Astro City' cab has a CPS2 kick harness plug- see photo. I tried it with a JNX Atlas JAMMA connector that has the CPS2 (and other) kick harness socket, but buttons 4-6 didn't work on SF2. Is this normal, as I thought it should work automatically? Do I need to use a CPS2 to CPS1 adapter, and plug it directly onto the Darksoft board CPS1 plug (CNI01)? How is the kick harness set up on the Darksoft board? Any settings on the board I need to do?

IMG_0677.jpg
IMG_0680.jpg

Do I need to use a CPS2 to CPS1 adapter, and plug it directly onto the Darksoft board CPS1 plug (CNI01)?
Yes, that’s all you need. You don’t need the JNX adapter here.

Also, why is your 5v voltage so high?
You’re going to fry out your board in a short time if you run it that high. Adjust your voltage down to 5.0v.

Thanks. I hadn't noticed the voltage! It's now 5.00V :) I hadn't used the JNX there before- glad I did now!

As a matter of interest, why does the CPS2 kick harness socket on the JNX not work? I've ordered an adapter to go directly on the Darksoft board.

As a matter of interest, why does the CPS2 kick harness socket on the JNX not work?
Because as far as I can tell, you don't have anything going to the CPS1 itself. It does not remove the need to have the actual CPS1 wired for kicks, which is not on the JAMMA harness.

Some small self promotion, I sell the converter you need:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/233938683722
https://www.ebay.com/itm/233954512779

Both do the same thing, one just has a sleeve and the other is zip tied.

EDIT: You plug one end into your CPS2 connector and the other to CN102 on the darksoft board (not to the front filter board unless you order the extension cables from Mitsu)

1664659055314.png

Last edited:
Back